Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: I am interested to do the following stretch
Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy 11 18.03%
Mumbai-Delhi-Mumbai 9 14.75%
Delhi-Kolkatta-Delhi 4 6.56%
Kolkatta-Chennai-Kolkatta 2 3.28%
Chennai-Bangy-Chennai 11 18.03%
Full GQ 17 27.87%
Others - Please mention in thread 7 11.48%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10th December 2008, 15:04   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Sir. The rates are per person per night or per room per night.
I guess it would be per room and each room can accommodate up to 2 or 3 (may be with a extra bed at extra charge) and costs could be shared that way.
Old 10th December 2008, 15:09   #212
BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
Let me know if you need any help from my side too. Not that I have great contacts everywhere, but am willing to contribute in any small way

I know some 'local people' in Pune, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata.
And have friends in Ahmedabad & Chennai

- Pavan

P.S. I have chosen the Bangy-Mumbai-Bangy leg as of now. Might even increase that later dependnig on clarity of leaves from work and the drivers/cars we have!
Thanks Pavan. I have kept a hour or 2 aside everyday to do some research and plan for the trip. Actually my wife will help me in the lookup and hotel bookings, she comes from the hospitality industry.

But I will probably need to the ground realities which only a local can help us with. Will keep you posted as we go. Since there are some special requirements for place we are going to stay(I meant for the cars ).
Old 10th December 2008, 15:15   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Kumar Sir! How many Bangy Bhpians expressed their interest and infact confirmed either for the whole GQ or for the Bangy - Mumbai sector? As I mentioned it earlier I will be doing this sector of Bangy-Mumbai and wanted to sync up with other members.
The Poll shows that 5 members opted for the Bangy-Mumbai stretch and as far as I can recollect Khan_sultan(shahnawaz),kittigadu(Krishna),mjothi(M aheshwaran) are the ones that confirmed with snaronikar(Srinivas) expressing his interest too. So are the final numbers decided? and if possible any updates on this ? as it will give a clear idea.
cheers:
Yes i'am interested. But its only tentative. Will confirm at a later date if I get the leave from work.
Old 10th December 2008, 17:14   #214
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Sir. The rates are per person per night or per room per night.
Try for per room per night so that we can have a tight lease on the budget.
If any hotel wants to sponser the rooms, nothing like it
Old 10th December 2008, 17:20   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
Yes, Actually some of the hotels can sponsor this and we can have their hotel names printed on the Relay Memento as official travel and hospitality partner
Old 10th December 2008, 17:37   #216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
Yes, Actually some of the hotels can sponsor this and we can have their hotel names printed on the Relay Memento as official travel and hospitality partner
I like that sentence
Old 10th December 2008, 19:19   #217
BHPian

@GSMINC
I definately will try for rooms which are going to be within the specified budget. I understand that cost will be one of the primary criteria for bookings but remember that there are other things which are needed, location, access etc.

@Iswear, zerocritical
IMHO, If we can get a discount from the budget hotels we will be staying itself will be a good deal, let alone be official sponsors.

BTW do we have an media/adv team, I read initial there was someone planning to take that up.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:53   #218
BHPian

Thanks much, Pal. Got your number.
Let's plan on meeting up and talking things out. Will give you a ring as the weekend draws closer and spirits begin to soar .

I drive a diesel indica which returns some very good figures; but am just not yet in a position to commit for the full GQ. That however, is not an indication of how things might turn out in the end!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
Hi supersom, are you from Bangalore? Where do you stay? And which car do you have? We can plan up things smoothly if we coordinate better. I live in Indiranagar area. Let me know about it ...
Old 10th December 2008, 20:57   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocritical View Post
zerocritical: If you happen to go by the forum rules, there is a strict NO NO for sponsorship from whosoever and it requires prior permission from GTO and Rehaan to use TBHP forum as a platform and its against such sponsorships. So, Please do be sure in suggesting such things as it involves a lot of things beyond us to narrow down on such things.

Guys ! Please follow it up with Kumar Sir and its better not to discuss about sponsorships or so ,AFAI its not encouraged on the forum.

Last edited by VJ_MAVRICK : 10th December 2008 at 21:00.
Old 10th December 2008, 20:58   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMINC View Post
As i mentioned earlier, i am willing to sponsor 7-8 rooms in jaipur, provided you let me know the dates as early as possible and ofcourse you guys plan to stop here
Old 11th December 2008, 00:31   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
As i mentioned earlier, i am willing to sponsor 7-8 rooms in jaipur, provided you let me know the dates as early as possible and ofcourse you guys plan to stop here
deky, we remember your generous offer and may zero down on Jaipur as an overnight halter instead of Delhi. Thanks again.
Old 11th December 2008, 00:41   #222
Senior - BHPian

maverick, firstly this drive may or may not be a forum event.
If it is not a tbhp event then the rules dont apply.
Old 11th December 2008, 10:13   #223
BHPian

@VJ_MAVRICK Thanks for the tip. I have taken a note of that. But personally I think we will go off topic on the thread if we discuss further on this.

@DEKY Thats mighty considerate. Can you please PM the details of your place so I can start putting down in the list of hotels considered.
Old 11th December 2008, 10:20   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
maverick, firstly this drive may or may not be a forum event.
If it is not a tbhp event then the rules dont apply.
Yea Amit ! I understand and if am not wrong earlier too there were some issues of a similar kind and to be on a safer side I thought of letting the guys know.
Old 11th December 2008, 15:43   #225
evo
BHPian

I can talk to the marketing chaps if they`d be willing to sponsor rooms in Kolkata, but its a 5 Star, so they may want a lot of branding in order to do it...should I? If yes, what can we offer?
Closed Thread