Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When do we meet ?
Thursday 12 48.00%
Saturday 9 36.00%
Any day is fine 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th September 2008, 11:21   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
,those who did not make it have missed something for sure,

Ramie
Crazy meet it seems. So your going to tell us all about it. Meeting at ecole mondial aka the wall tonight..??? Please dont make it too late ramie bhai.

Pics and videos please..

Wonder if BP had some of that fresh wine..?? You guys should've put it down his throat.
danlalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 11:25   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
All I am saying is that we have kept up the reputation -

No more T-BHP meets at Babbi-da-Dhaba - we have been officially banned, as is the norm .

We were asked to tone down at a truckers joint - can you believe that ?

Special thanks to Ashish Pallod, who drove down all the way from Baramati and got us some really really good (unreleased) wine from there.
Well, actually after that superb tip we left, the manager (Sajan - the chap in the black shirt) said we were welcome to come back .

but yes, we not only had ALL the truckers wondering where the hell this bunch of maniacs had descended upon their once peacuful highway dhaba from, but we also had the management repeatedly telling us to tone it down!!!

Next time we tip in advance!!

Ashish, the wine was really nice, that was a very thoughtful gesture on your part. Thank you once again.

We also can't miss thanking CaAT for suggesting the place and also bringing a bottle of Scotch for all of us, even though he doesn't drink!

Now back to fighting this damn sleep.
swale84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 11:44   #183
BHPian

Default Great meet guys .. Rock on

Good morning guys,

woke up pretty late dragged myself to office (shakal dikhane ke liye ) still some hangover ..

one hell of a meet guys.
glad that most of the mumbai guys could make it. esp ramie anna.

thanks to CaAT for suggesting the place and the bottle of signature and Ashish who drove 150 odd km all the way from baramati to lonavla ,with the 2 bottles of wine, for the meet.

Sam ,N_C, Vikram as usual rocked the meet. It was my first meet with the pune guys. Vikram & Amey has already given me a trailer a couple of weeks ago of what to expect ,Now i know what i missed for the last couple of years by not being part of the pune meets.

I didn't know that we were creating such a big chaos at the truckers joint that we were asked to tone down. anyone's was amazing fun last nite.

mumbai guys what time did you reach?

P.S. when do we meet next for the bottle of signature
leadf00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 12:11   #184
Senior - BHPian

It was raining very heavily when we were returning,some nice slow rock of the 80's was making the perfect mood set for the drive,enjoying to the fullest of the empty roads we all 3 cars were at an average speeds of 60-80km,lane driving one after another,i reached andheri at 3.15,started pouring heavily further,S6 left at 3.45am from my place on his Rx135.

Dan yess i will call you up in the evening for the meet aka at wall someone please upload the pics.NC you to had the camera.???
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 12:20   #185
Senior - BHPian

Default story of 12 hours

i started from baramati at 1:30 pm.
i was alone and was cruising to pune via morgaon, jejuri, saswad.
at @3:15, after crossing dive ghat stopped at vadki for tea break. i was on horizon of pune. within 10 min, i was again in my car. taking undri, katraj, dehu road bye pass, i passed chandani chowk at @4:00 pm.
i continued and reached vadgaon phata at @4:30. at dehuroad toll gate, i asked for toll for lonawala instead kamshet and ended in paying rs 45.
as caAT mentioned, i was searching kamshet 9 km milestone but i think that milestone doesn't exist. actually, that milestone shows vadgaon 0 km. i started hunting that babi-da-dhaba looking rightward of road while driving slowly on left lane. kamshet was coming near but couldn't locate that dhaba. 2 km before kamshet, spotted tony-da-dhaba. continued and reached to kamshet. asked for direction to bedsa caves. one gentleman suggested not to go at bedsa as road is bad. canceled the idea to visit bedsa caves and headed to lonavala.
reached lonavala at @5:15pm. had some snacks at ram Krishna restaurant.
got some chikki. i wonder every shop in lonavala has maganlal chikki hoarding. earlier, i thought that chikki is produced by maganlal & co and sell at these shops but actually that is not case. i was eager to know what was going at team-bhp. couldn't locate cybercafe. send sms to caAT asking about location. at 6:45 , got call from caAT and i told him that i will wait at tony-da-dhaba. left lonavala at 7 PM and reached to tony dhaba at 7:30 pm. not a single customer at dhaba. security person directed me to babi-da-dhaba.
reached babi dhaba the truckers paradise. i have lone pic of this dhaba taken by mobile cam. sory for pic quality.

Name:  Image012.jpg
Views: 2876
Size:  35.7 KB
there were at least 100 trucks at dhaba premises. i was first person from team-bhp reaching there for meet. looking at dhaba, my first reaction was better shift this meet at tony dhaba. sent sms to caAT about that. there are two small shops at dhaba selling truckers stuff anything ranging from Bermudas, CD, reflectors and what not. bought one CD of Marathi song.
at @ 8:00 pm, one blue colored baleno entered at dhaba. looking at these guys, i myself confirmed that they are members from team-bhp.
introduced each other. caAT came in his spark. members were coming.
at 9:15, almost all pune guys came.
we took our position at dhaba. i handed out two bottles of wine to the waiter to keep it in fridge. other guys came with bottles of you know what. meet started. at @9:45, Bombay gang came. SAM entered with balle balle. made hi hallos to each other. now, party started. ramie came at 11:PM with balle balle. party flourished uptill 12:15 am. people were drinking, eating, laughing and rocking[ particularly Vikram]. people liked the wine from baramati. thanks guys.
as it was my first meet, i was very eager.
finally, at 12:30 am, said good night to every one. all bhpians insisted me not to drive back to baramati at midnight. i obeyed their suggestion. reached to kothrud at my brother's home at @ 1:30 am. got up and reached baramati at 8:30am.
total distance covered 340km.
i feel too sleepy to write details but tried anyway.
someone , please write in detail.
thanks to everyone. thanks caAT and raja who made this meet possible.
thanks swale84 for that Korean cigs.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th September 2008 at 12:54.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 12:38   #186
BHPian

Nice report there Ashish.
Well the meet was one hell of a blast..the Pune Bombay teambhpians just rocked. I was glad to meet all the bbay team bhpians after a long time.
Think the hangover is still there, woke up at 10.30, see two smses and one missed call from Amey, reply to him and again go off to sleep and getting up just a while ago. Cant believe that i drove Amey's Swift all the way from Babis to my house..
In the end thanks Ashish for those two(unreleased) bottles of wine you brought, Shrivz for the Glenfiddich and Vikram for the lovely Dimple

Guys awaiting for the pics, post them fast.

Last edited by dhaval : 19th September 2008 at 12:39.
dhaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 12:40   #187
BHPian

That was an Insane meet guys.Shux i find it hard to believe it was a THURSDAY. The food was pretty ok. CAN-NIBBLE(thts shrivz for those who werent there) did a good job of rounding up and calling people. The meet was pretty de-regeur till a certain DOC showed up.
PS:Kailash please accept my condolences for the interiors of your baleno.My heart weeps for you.

BTW Dan i did try the wine.

Last edited by balenopower : 19th September 2008 at 12:47.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 13:04   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

It was a fun meet, full of laughs and cheer.

As always it was great fun to meet friends you never knew you had. The food was, sorry to say, not good and I did not enjoy it.
The Pune boys, Vikram, Shirvz et al were a riot. MF and Swalee were a bit quiet though. It was great to meet new people and put faces to their names.

Ashish many thanks for that impromptu wine-tasting session, you and I need to talk.

Though the evening was full of cheer and bonhomie, not everyone got along well with every member on the table. I'd rather not mar this Team-BHP meet report with a story of how people should not drink if they do not know how to drink. We ended up a little poorly, especially the guys from Bombay with one particular member who owes many people an apology.

The good thing is that the members that were driving were all sober, or limited to one beer.

Though it was far and I was a bit annoyed with the road and distance, it was worth it just to be able to catch up with the cheer and meet everyone. But please, next time let us not go to this dhaba - the only thing a rural dhaba has to offer is food and IMO that was not good either.

Thanks everyone

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
PS:Kailash please accept my condolences for the interiors of your baleno.My heart weeps for you.
I know most members will be curious to know what this is about. I will tell you that a member got a bit sick in someone's car on the way home. The matter is being handled privately by PM. Please do not mar a meet report thread with gory details, remember this is the internet and the words you will write here, will remain here for years.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 19th September 2008 at 13:06.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 13:49   #189
BHPian

Wow! This looks one of those meets people are going to be talking about for a long long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
thanks swale84 for that Korean cigs.
And Suhail should thank me for them!
FATAL3RROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 13:52   #190
BANNED

What was the total count and who all came?? And next time, keep it on a saturday please!!!

Also, i heard Shrivzie and Nylex Nalini had some nice "haat dhoke lo" action!! What was all that about?

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 19th September 2008 at 13:59.
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 14:25   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATAL3RROR View Post
And Suhail should thank me for them!
Thank you GOTUM!! WE remembered you the whole drive there and on the way back! Weren't your ears burning ??
swale84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 14:28   #192
Team-BHP Support

Good meet in all. Met many members for the first time. The rest were old friends from Pune and Mumbai.
I'd like to thank shrivz and spadival for coming to our rescue when the car's tyre went flat.
Ashish, I expected you to be much younger than you are. It was nice meeting you and the wine was great.
I was about to send Raja and Co. back to Pune by ST bus and steal his amazing W124.
As a moderator, I'd like offer my sincere apologies to Kailash for certain events that took place. This is the first and hopefully the last time such a thing has happened. It was really nice meeting you. In today's cruel world, people like you are tough to come by. What you did is commendable.
Lastly, Ramie and Straight6, thanks for offering me a ride.
Aditya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 14:54   #193
Senior - BHPian

erm.. where are the pics ? I saw so many pro's taking photos with theirs DSLR's.

This was, by far, the largest teambhp meet I have attended. So I got to know a lot more TBHPians this time. Again, would like to join others in commending Ashish for his enthusiasm in coming all the way from Baramati.
spadival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 14:57   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Ashish, I expected you to be much younger than you are. .
man,
i think i am one of the senior members [ by age ] for the meet.
by the way, you look much younger than you are.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 14:59   #195
Senior - BHPian

Ashish could you please let us know which wine you had got for us??? I liked it but due to driving circumstances i only enjoyed 2-3sips
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote