Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: When do we meet ?
Thursday 12 48.00%
Saturday 9 36.00%
Any day is fine 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 19th September 2008, 15:00   #196
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Good morning all,

This was a real kick *** meet guys. There was lot of fun in the meet and got to know lot of new friends.

This was my first Tbhp meet and was much better than I thought, leaving aside one incident, I really liked it. No hard feeling for anyone.

Good people are rare, but teambhpian are not good we are the best, through gentlemen, why else do you think will 3 different individuals who have never interacted with each other, come together and help 4th individual, who again is not known to any one of them. This is the spirit of TBHP - ROCK ON.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
As a moderator, I'd like offer my sincere apologies to Kailash for certain events that took place. This is the first and hopefully the last time such a thing has happened. It was really nice meeting you. In today's cruel world, people like you are tough to come by. What you did is commendable.
Lastly, Ramie and Straight6, thanks for offering me a ride.
Thanks for the moral support Sam, it was really nice knowing you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Though the evening was full of cheer and bonhomie, not everyone got along well with every member on the table. I'd rather not mar this Team-BHP meet report with a story of how people should not drink if they do not know how to drink. We ended up a little poorly, especially the guys from Bombay with one particular member who owes many people an apology.

Sam
I am waiting to meet all of you again, Ramie and Balenopower - I will surely try and make it to the RC race with my F1

Bye guys and lets make the next meet even bigger and more sucessful than this one.

Regards,
Kailash
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 15:05   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Ashish could you please let us know which wine you had got for us??? I liked it but due to driving circumstances i only enjoyed 2-3sips
sir,
you arrange one more meet, i will come with whole crate.cheers:
about name and specification of wine, i also don't know.
but looking at popular demand, i will pm details everyone who are interested.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 15:11   #198
BHPian

Quote:

I know most members will be curious to know what this is about. I will tell you that a member got a bit sick in someone's car on the way home. The matter is being handled privately by PM. Please do not mar a meet report thread with gory details, remember this is the internet and the words you will write here, will remain here for years.
Cmon sam the situation was not tht bad.Things like these happen and there were no details about the incident put up.Although they would be discussed in person.No harm in having a lil fun by making people curious.is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I am waiting to meet all of you again, Ramie and Balenopower - I will surely try and make it to the RC race with my F1
Sure thing buddy.Gimme a buzz once ur in pune.Let the baleno boys hook up.

Cmon guys where are the pics???

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th September 2008 at 17:54.
balenopower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 15:18   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Ashish could you please let us know which wine you had got for us??? I liked it but due to driving circumstances i only enjoyed 2-3sips
What about the circumstances where you don't drink at all and are a self-confessed teetotaler who drinks Appy Fizz like apna LBM? Uska kya? Bolo Tararara?

Quote:
Cmon sam the situation was not tht bad.Things like these happen and there were no details about the incident put up.Although they would be discussed in person.No harm in having a lil fun by making people curious.is it?
Arrey no baba, my comment was not directed at you. It was for future prevention.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 15:18   #200
BHPian

Stupid me, I dint check this section for so many days, today morning Anku told me that there was a meet last night. Abhi , I called you at 10 am but your cell was unavailable, I was in pune since morning. Reached home at mid night I wish i knew all this was happening would have surely joined, just read everyone's posts & i guess once again i missed it. Reading all the posts brought a smile on my face just thinking what would have happened if i were a part of it.

Anyways next time.
chintan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 15:27   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What about the circumstances where you don't drink at all and are a self-confessed teetotaler who drinks Appy Fizz like apna LBM? Uska kya? Bolo Tararara?
Sam-bhau i controlled the guts out of myself to not to touch the booze,so the best was i did not BYOB while coming i just stared at the Wine shops,but zoomed off saying "bye bye" but yess its good i did not drink as i reached to work on time,and not feeling dizzy sleepy either,it was awesome meet,i tried my level best to make it,at the end S6 teamed up or i would have turned up all alone.

One truth i fooled my eyes showing a "Appy Fizz" in glass and getting the full mental satisfaction.
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 15:37   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Good Morning guys. Just woke up.

All I am saying is that we have kept up the reputation -

No more T-BHP meets at Babbi-da-Dhaba - we have been officially banned, as is the norm .
As I read this, I receive a PM that lot many things happened after we left at 12 midnight! Can't wait to read the detailed report, provided it was not too ugly!!

Quote:
Though it was far and I was a bit annoyed with the road and distance, it was worth it just to be able to catch up with the cheer and meet everyone. But please, next time let us not go to this dhaba - the only thing a rural dhaba has to offer is food and IMO that was not good either.
Fair enough, but it surprised me too. May be yesterday was an off colour day for the chefs. Wanna give it another go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
This was, by far, the largest teambhp meet I have attended. So I got to know a lot more TBHPians this time. Again, would like to join others in commending Ashish for his enthusiasm in coming all the way from Baramati.
Same here. Way to go Ashish. And Rammie too, who came well past 10 pm. Your enthu was really commendable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Good people are rare, but teambhpian are not good we are the best, through gentlemen, why else do you think will 3 different individuals who have never interacted with each other, come together and help 4th individual, who again is not known to any one of them. This is the spirit of TBHP - ROCK ON.
You can say that again, Kailashnj.

It was really good to meet you ALL in person. Although it was only a brief interaction, esp with Mumbai guys, a great start nonetheless.

Looking forward to the next meet.
CaAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 17:18   #203
BHPian

Guys it was great meet yesterday.
Meet a lot of the Mumbai guys for the first time.
Looking forward to a lots of these inter-city meets. We get to make so many new friends.

Special thanks to Ashish Pallod for coming such a long way on his own and then going that extra special mile by bringing the superb wine.

Thanks to CaAT for taking the lead in suggesting a place and bringing the alcohol, even though he doesn't drink.
I enjoyed the food, wasn't bad at all and food being food as it is, it's difficult to find a restaurant that is consistent day in and day out, at least at the prices we paid.

Aditya, you can take my car any time. Just make sure I (and any others who I have brought along with me) are within walking distance of a bus stop!

We should do this more often.
Preferably on a Friday/Saturday.
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 17:38   #204
BHPian

I second you Raja, It should be done more often, but should be done on a friday night other wise office on friday is a drag.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 17:40   #205
BHPian

Default Missed it!!

Wow!!
It looks like it was one hell of a night this BHP meet.
Guys, let me know whenever we have any such meets in the future.

Going by the feedback, it seems that the setting could have been better but the guys made it up with their sense of humour.

Cheers,
Siddharth
Sidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 17:53   #206
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if Sam, Aditya and Kailash have any hair left in the nose .

P.S. - Why isn't anyone posting pictures? Should I start?
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 18:02   #207
Senior - BHPian

Are you waiting for something S6????? then post the pics buddy
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 18:03   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I wonder if Sam, Aditya and Kailash have any hair left in the nose .

P.S. - Why isn't anyone posting pictures? Should I start?
Why, Did they go through surgery to remove nose hair yesterday????

Arre please start posting pics u guys...Enough write-ups now!!
Cyrus43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 18:09   #209
BHPian

This is one of those rare times when i get jealous- of people who attended the meet.
Ramie sir- bad uncle- why didn't you call me once before leaving- i am feeling so guilty now.
Missing 2 meets in a row, that too amazing ones, must imply things are not going too well with me at the moment.
I suck- period.
Where are the pics? I have come online just for the pics.

Last edited by BIKeINSTEIN : 19th September 2008 at 18:17.
BIKeINSTEIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2008, 18:18   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Why, Did they go through surgery to remove nose hair yesterday????

Arre please start posting pics u guys...Enough write-ups now!!
Lets just say, they had no choice.
straight6 is offline   Reply With Quote