Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2008, 10:36   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
iceman91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: melbourne/bangalore
Posts: 1,958
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Basu,
you think there will be enough place for more bhpians to join?
iceman91 is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 10:44   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,652
Thanked: 242 Times
Default

I should be in, unless last minute changes. People from the south can pool if more are planning to come. Directions please, hope you have enough parking space around.
dadu is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 10:49   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
akroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 2,414
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
I should be in, unless last minute changes. People from the south can pool if more are planning to come. Directions please, hope you have enough parking space around.
Parking is not abundant but 4-5 cars can easily be parked. Request bhpians to pool in and come over.
Not only save parking space but also natural resources and ease bangalore traffic .

Abhi
akroy is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 11:00   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
kutlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,127
Thanked: 193 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikkumar View Post
@ Proxima, his threads I have read and am aware of his invaluable contributions to this forum.

There was a degree of reverence attached to the title and so I wondered if there was something more to him that one didn't know about and whether meeting him would be akin to a once in a lifetime opportunity

Cheers!
Ha Ha...thats a thought now. Even i thought the same. And then i thought, may be something special is happening to HV in Blore (as far as i know, he Visits Blore quite frequently).
Bah....will miss many good meets..damn waiting for decemeber when all the english people take rest.
kutlee is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 11:21   #20
BHPian
 
btirthankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Some Moving Vehicle
Posts: 816
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Ha Ha...then i thought, may be something special is happening to HV in Blore
what else did u think?

We are organizing a camp for our spiritual (BHP) guru?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Parking is not abundant but 4-5 cars can easily be parked. Request bhpians to pool in and come over.
Not only save parking space but also natural resources and ease bangalore traffic .

Abhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Basu,
you think there will be enough place for more bhpians to join?
See my house can accommodate 10 people easily. If there are more people, we will hire an entire restaurant like they do in Mumbai. Event Management Volunteers, be ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
So, venue is decided, time - 6pm.
Call/PM me for directions !!

Abhi
Lets Start Counting now. Hey if the space runs out, can u ask Naveen to allow us the terrace?
btirthankar is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 11:49   #21
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore / Madras
Posts: 1,980
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Confirmed - is it worth looking for a restaurant / hall that can accommodate 20-25 people? btirthankar - please don't misunderstand but things are a LOT easier to arrange at a restaurant.

I can bring along 4 folks from near Hebbal flyover. Please PM me if you want to hitch a ride.
hrag is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 11:58   #22
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Confirmed - I will be coming from Silk Board Side. So 4 folks can come with me.

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 12:12   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
mjothi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,252
Thanked: 216 Times
Default

Seeing the good responses, I too started feeling that we should look out for a different place. Parking would definetly be a problem in these flats.

@abhi/basu
But if we can speak to Naveen/appt guys and get some permission to park like 6-7 cars inside the appt, then it should be ok. Possible? If not, its going to tough.
mjothi is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 12:27   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,590
Thanked: 606 Times
Default

Kumar Saab, did I read that you are in DELHI during 19th, then why not a quick meet here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Thanks a great deal for all the good words. I am in Bangalore for personal work and have lots of time a my disposal, and let Tirthankar do the hosting. Good to also meet to discuss our ambitious GQ Drive project which shah_sultan has initiated, and start listing out participants. Great to meet of you.
rkbharat is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 12:35   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
simply_sunny001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London & Rohtak
Posts: 1,339
Thanked: 15 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Kumar Saab, did I read that you are in DELHI during 19th, then why not a quick meet here.
Rajiv,that was just a joke about how much HVK drives.
simply_sunny001 is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 13:00   #26
BHPian
 
Jaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 555
Thanked: 141 Times
Default

Count me in guys!!! I am not gonna miss this for anything as my house is 2 min drive from the proposed venue

-- Jag
Jaguar is online now  
Old 17th September 2008, 13:03   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
akroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 2,414
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Count me in guys!!! I am not gonna miss this for anything as my house is 2 min drive from the proposed venue

-- Jag
Then you should not drive. you should walk/bike !! We need to save parking space for people coming from far.

Abhi
akroy is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 13:12   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,345 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Kumar Saab, did I read that you are in DELHI during 19th, then why not a quick meet here.
No, Bharat, someone was just joking! Not in Delhi.
hvkumar is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 15:47   #29
BHPian
 
btirthankar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Some Moving Vehicle
Posts: 816
Thanked: 115 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Confirmed - is it worth looking for a restaurant / hall that can accommodate 20-25 people? btirthankar - please don't misunderstand but things are a LOT easier to arrange at a restaurant.

I can bring along 4 folks from near Hebbal flyover. Please PM me if you want to hitch a ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Confirmed - I will be coming from Silk Board Side. So 4 folks can come with me.

Cheers,
East West North South

Interests are pouring in from all sides. Looks like this is going to be a great event. Lets decide on a place now, seriously.

The List goes like
  1. HVK
  2. akroy
  3. btirthankar
  4. mJothi
  5. khan_sultan
  6. hrag
  7. iceman
  8. dadu
  9. jaguar
  10. lukeskywalker (does not know yet)
  11. rudrasen (need to confirm)
add/edit now

Last edited by btirthankar : 17th September 2008 at 15:49.
btirthankar is offline  
Old 17th September 2008, 15:52   #30
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
... Interests are pouring in from all sides. Looks like this is going to be a great event. Lets decide on a place now, seriously.........
How about some joint on ORR near marthahalli bridge? I don't know that place in detail but an sure there must be several joints there for food and meet.

It would be easy for all folks also to attend.

Cheers,
khan_sultan is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Congrats to HVKumar - D-BHPian adc Shifting gears 70 21st January 2010 17:26
INRC - Rally de Kolkata @ Durgapur - 18th-20th September 2009 planet_rocker Indian Motorsport 18 29th September 2009 13:10
BLR-Tippagondanahalli OTR 20th September 09 dwaraka 4x4 Excursions 97 29th September 2009 00:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:03.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks