Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2008, 15:12   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm
Can we find a place which just leases the ground out, Gogi can cater, and the BYOB can be taken care of by a temporary permit.?
Hmm, great idea. Doesn't any of us own a nice house (I don't)? One with an attached lawn, or a terrace?

Delhi meets are so much fun in the outdoors. Lucky bhai's farmhouse is a super duper location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm
That makes Gogi's legendary catering in the picture, he can drink (we can make sure we get waiters from another catering outfit).
Thats a killer idea. Only, I am not sure Pritam caters.
Old 4th October 2008, 15:29   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guys i would love to join in on the fun considering i have missed two awsome meets. i would know on the 10th if i can be in town and what a way to celebrate my return if i do get to come.
My two bits here. Gogi Bhai not at your place as you would just end up like a Host and not part of the Gang.
A friend of mine had a party at NSCI and CCI once and we wound up at 2am. So i am sure something could be managed.
Why not even look into Turf club, Blue sea and copper club. Blue sea has a place on top too, dont know how many people that takes though. I could talk to someone at these places and find out.
Great news Abhi. Will be great to have you back and we can celebrate that. Bring on the cake man!!

Yes Blue sea does have a small place but thats more like an Ally. The forst floor place cannot accommodate more than 30-35 pax i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I support any nice venue in Chembur. Chembur is filled with film personalities nowadays and Ram stays there as well. It would be nice for us to drive back to Pune after the meet.

N_C, which was the place where we met up for a beer? Remember?

Yes Chembur has a lovely place called Oasis and also Vaishali. I believe the food is very good there. Its next to the Chembur station.
Oasis i have been to but i dont know if they have a banquet hall. Can some Chemburiya (N-C) find out please?
Old 4th October 2008, 17:29   #138
BANNED

Gogi, are you aware that there is a small ground area at DPCG which is leased out for partys. It can easily fit 50-75 people. Catering will have to be taken care of i think. Let me Ask DPCG fellows about the price range.

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 4th October 2008 at 17:33.
Old 4th October 2008, 19:26   #139
Senior - BHPian

Just off the phone with the Nirvana guys in Chembur. Will check out their place tomorrow.

450 +12.5% VAT per person includes,

1 soup
2 + 2 Starter
2 + 2 Main course
rice , chappati, dal, salads , raita, papad
1 desert
unlimited soft drinks
soda chargeable + 300 per bottle corkage charges(BYOB).

DJ 3500 /-

Comments ? Suggestions ?
Old 4th October 2008, 19:28   #140
Senior - BHPian

Are we banned from SEA LORDS...??? or is that an option..???
Old 4th October 2008, 19:47   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Just off the phone with the Nirvana guys in Chembur. Will check out their place tomorrow.

1 soup
2 + 2 Starter
2 + 2 Main course
1 desert
unlimited soft drinks
soda chargeable + 300 per bottle corkage charges(BYOB).

DJ 3500 /-

Comments ? Suggestions ?
Is the above quoted rate negotiable ? The soups are pathetic there (it used to be our unofficial canteen) .

Can we kill the soup and add one more starter ?

The corkage rates could be negotiated, I assume beer bottles also being charged corkage. ( which should not be the case) Gogi bhai, any inputs on the beer bottle front, do establishments charge corkage on that as well ?

Do advice.

regards

M M
Old 4th October 2008, 19:59   #142
Senior - BHPian

Why not we book something out of Bombay and the party starts from evening till early morning and by mornings we all will be back
Old 4th October 2008, 20:12   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
I assume beer bottles also being charged corkage. ( which should not be the case) Gogi bhai, any inputs on the beer bottle front, do establishments charge corkage on that as well ?
Most establishments do not charge corkage simply because they sell you the beer.
Most people like to buy the beer because nobody likes warm beer.

And no restaurant will charge corkage on a bottle they sold you
Old 4th October 2008, 21:43   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

1 soup
2 + 2 Starter
2 + 2 Main course
1 desert
unlimited soft drinks
All of the above looks nice except: "300 per bottle corkage charges(BYOB)."
I'm glad you are stressing on Chembur as the venue.

Quote:
DJ 3500 /- Comments ? Suggestions ?
We have Sam + B&T and your usually bollywood masala to do the honors.
I don't think we need a DJ.
Old 4th October 2008, 22:13   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
We have Sam + B&T and your usually bollywood masala to do the honors.
I don't think we need a DJ.
By DJ they mean equipment, music and the person managing it ? I presume.

Cheers

M M
Old 4th October 2008, 22:35   #146
BANNED

Quote:
By DJ they mean equipment, music and the person managing it ? I presume.

Cheers

M M
Well obviously. But i dont think we need a Dj n all...Last time we managed with a small Audio player with an I-Pod Dock. We can Manage this time also..
Old 4th October 2008, 23:41   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Hmm, great idea. Doesn't any of us own a nice house (I don't)? One with an attached lawn, or a terrace?

will a bunglow in karjat do?
but thats of course OUT of Mumabi
Old 5th October 2008, 00:26   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
guys,

If the ladies on team bhp want to attend the meet and a few of us members want to get wives/gf's along - THEY WILL.

Period.
You probably overlooked these lines in my post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

If you yet think bringing better halves to the MM3 makes you feel better, and helps you make them understand what your Team-Bhp world is all about, then thatís exactly how it should be.
So, it was purely a suggestion, or at best an opinion, there isn't any hooplah if anyone is not in agreement with the same. Besides, if you want the women to be there, SINGH IS KING OIEE, why would i have an issue!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Isn't Citizen a *cough cough* kind of hotel? Manson why did you come up with that? Do you go there often?
Sam, i really do not know if there is anything fishy about the place, but the couple of times i have been there, it really did not seem like one.
Maybe some of you would know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Citizen??? No thanks. Just out of curiosity... How come you suggested this place..??? out of all thousand places all over mumbai.
It has a nice rooftop overlooking the beach and another banquet for some 80-100 people, food is quite alright, and i thought it would fit the bill alongwith the thousand places you may have thought about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Manson must be having membership there.
You would surely know what places i frequent, aur sunao!

manson.
Old 5th October 2008, 01:21   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
Gogi, are you aware that there is a small ground area at DPCG which is leased out for partys. It can easily fit 50-75 people. Catering will have to be taken care of i think. Let me Ask DPCG fellows about the price range.
We can get Ayub to cater. He does it all in i think 350 or so. Kebabs Rolls Biryani. I dont think you need anything else.
I can ask but i feel a catering would not fit the bill here.

Quote:
I assume beer bottles also being charged corkage. ( which should not be the case) Gogi bhai, any inputs on the beer bottle front, do establishments charge corkage on that as well ?
Your answer Manish, lies below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Most establishments do not charge corkage simply because they sell you the beer.
Most people like to buy the beer because nobody likes warm beer.
And no restaurant will charge corkage on a bottle they sold you
...and no restaurant will allow you to bring your own beer bottle too!!

What about HQ opp Regal? They give the place for a reasonable amount im told. Food is decent too and since its a Monday and Diwali eve I think a lot of Banquet halls could be got for a great price. Anyone checking out HQ?
Old 5th October 2008, 01:57   #150
BANNED

Gogi, I think DPCG will give the place for 5k. It is in the open. And no one will bother you. Also, parking can be done in the colony. I will confirm tomorrow for sure. Also, i think they have inhouse catering to. OR, we can always get catering from Sainath or sumthin.

Their chicken Chinese Rice (50 bucks) and their chiken lolipops are to die for...Let me check and tell you by tomorrow.

Edit: Is there a place called kohinoor hall in dadar??

Last edited by Cyrus43 : 5th October 2008 at 01:59.
Closed Thread