Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 5th October 2008, 02:55   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

You would surely know what places i frequent, aur sunao!

manson.
Umm no i really dont know the PLACES you frequent. You frequent..???? hmmmm.

@ cyrus

DPCG as in Dadar Parsi Colony...????
Old 5th October 2008, 04:12   #152
BHPian

The best part of Tbhp meets is the planning.
It runs for pages.
Almost every post/suggestion is quite interesting in it's own way.
Finally someone gets a brainwave and all go "YAY".
The meet is even better than planned- thanks to the amazing people.

And any place having a Kabab/Kebab fest?
And can we have a fancy dress party too at MM3- can be minimally fancy or full-on?

Last edited by BIKeINSTEIN : 5th October 2008 at 04:13.
Old 5th October 2008, 08:19   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
What about HQ opp Regal? They give the place for a reasonable amount im told. Food is decent too and since its a Monday and Diwali eve I think a lot of Banquet halls could be got for a great price. Anyone checking out HQ?
I believe HQ shut down quite some time ago, the place is called Cinnamon now. A friend of mine booked the place for his Birthday a couple of Months ago. They shut down at around 1:00 am. Problem was at around 12:00 they started letting random people in.
I can find out how much he paid, I doubt they'll allow BYOB though

More importantly - it's absolutely at one end of town. Might be inconvenient for many. Otherwise it's a nice place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKeINSTEIN View Post

And any place having a Kabab/Kebab fest?
And can we have a fancy dress party too at MM3- can be minimally fancy or full-on?
If we go with this option, we can have our own Kebab fest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
We can get Ayub to cater. He does it all in i think 350 or so. Kebabs Rolls Biryani. I dont think you need anything else.
I can ask but i feel a catering would not fit the bill here.
If we're getting a caterer I think this is a feasible option Gogi, this is pretty much all we really need!
Old 5th October 2008, 09:34   #154
Team-BHP Support

Cyrus: There is a Kohinoor hall at prabhadevi, bang opposite the temple.

Gogi: You think Ayub will cater at a place that would have alchohol?

Suhail: Back in the day, HQ's was once booked by a friend at some 400 bucks odd (if not less), for food and alchohol.
The minimum headocunt had to be a 100 people.Four veg, and four non veg starters, whiskey, vodka, rum and beer on the house.
If someone can have something similar worked out, it would be worth the travelling all the way to town.

manson.
Old 5th October 2008, 12:40   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Suhail: Back in the day, HQ's was once booked by a friend at some 400 bucks odd (if not less), for food and alchohol.
The minimum headocunt had to be a 100 people.Four veg, and four non veg starters, whiskey, vodka, rum and beer on the house.
If someone can have something similar worked out, it would be worth the travelling all the way to town.

manson.
Lol I think for a deal like that, you would have to travel back in time, not just to town!
Old 5th October 2008, 15:17   #156
BANNED

Hi Guys,

Just back from a awesome weekend at Khandala anyways back to the topic, Pritam is 100% out as a venue.

Will speak to Shalimar hotel & Gallops and let you know by tomorrow about the rates. I know they allow BYOB so thats no issue. You guys might want to consider Penninsula in Sion I believe they have a party room as well and should allow BYOB.

From the numerous posts and suggestions being thrown around I think we need to first decide on the type of party and location we want. IMO if we call it a Diwali meet then it should be a little proper (read as civilized) meet & location where the women feel comfortable. All objections(if you may call it that) to the women being around are from bachelors alone.

Guys every single meet is wild and you do your thing(whatever way you behave) am sure for one meet you can be civil. Before anyone comments please remember being civil does not mean not having fun or cracking dirty jokes but its about not being vulgar.

I'm sure we can have one meet just for the girls especially when they want to be present.

Viper
Old 5th October 2008, 20:40   #157
BHPian

Wherever you guys plan the meet make sure there is sufficient dance floor to accommodate, me,nc,guzzler,manson,swale,cyrus,Chiku,priyank, plus sufficient room to accommodate 3-4 more members on dance floor,more the merrier, a good music system with good Low Bass Maker effect, ipod/cd interface. good collection of dance songs.
Please some one take responsibility for Food menu, including starter menu, cause there are members who are pure vegetarian. @ Gogi i think you will be best for this.
Lets get... Lets get... Lets get... Rock.... Rock.... Rock...... Rock............
Old 5th October 2008, 21:30   #158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Like swale said, that price is impossible for alcohol+food.
Besides our headocunt is lesss than 50 people isn't it?
Old 5th October 2008, 21:45   #159
Senior - BHPian

Manson just called - he is at this place Azzuri @ Chembur station and has spoken to the manager for about 50-70 people. The place has a capacity for 80 + standing.

The deal is 4+4 starters, 2+2 main course, dal, rice, salad etc + DJ + TV screen for 450 bucks per head inclusive taxes. The only issue is the corkage which Manson is trying to negotiate (according to him should be 2-4K).

Am expecting a call from manson soon.
Old 5th October 2008, 22:15   #160
BHPian

Hey, Azuri is an okay place, go there frequently.
Any one tried for TIAN (Juhu ) ?
Old 5th October 2008, 22:17   #161
BANNED

@DingDong, DPCG is Dadar Parsi Colony Gymkhana.

NC, That is a good rate.

Jitu, I dont dance.......
Old 5th October 2008, 23:13   #162
Senior - BHPian

@ Manson.

Bay view city or Bay city club in Bandra. Its just before Holy family hospital and just after St stanishlaus high shool. They have a big hall there. Can you get some info on that.
Old 5th October 2008, 23:43   #163
BANNED

That's some good rate for all things listed. I have no idea what corkage is, so cannot comment on that.
Btw, what will the DJ do? We're going to drive him crazy anyway. Ain't it? lol.
And the TV screen? Can we play anything we want? Some good group B videos? Or we Ishan's amazing collection? Topgear stuff, he has all the seasons, I guess.
Old 5th October 2008, 23:47   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Manson just called - he is at this place Azzuri @ Chembur station and has spoken to the manager for about 50-70 people. The place has a capacity for 80 + standing.

The deal is 4+4 starters, 2+2 main course, dal, rice, salad etc + DJ + TV screen for 450 bucks per head inclusive taxes. The only issue is the corkage which Manson is trying to negotiate (according to him should be 2-4K).

Am expecting a call from manson soon.
Don't you think its a small congested place!
50-70 people! Where will he accomodate them?

Cafe XO besides Spanco is also a good place.
Old 6th October 2008, 00:01   #165
Team-BHP Support

That Azuri place is just perfect, seating capacity of 80 people, standing space for another 15-20 people odd.
I have given the manager an idea of 50-60 people, maximum going upto 70.
Azuri is on the lines of Wild Orchids, Bootleggers, e.t.c.
The location is quite central for most too.
NC & I intend to go see the place once again tommorow, and get a concrete figure on the corkage once we can hear some confirmations from you guys.

Arpan, have you been to the place recently? I was told by my friend that its been redone recently, and the only other time i've been there was like over a year back.
I have spoken to the manager for the pub space they have upstairs, not the sheesha/coffee space.

Dan, i know the place you're talking about, but for right now i think Azuri fits the bill perfectly. Lets keep that as an option if Azuri does not workout.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 6th October 2008 at 00:02.
Closed Thread