Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 2nd October 2008, 13:54   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
N_C, Sam bhai,

What time frame are we looking at may be I can offer some venues, however since these are clubs, decorum and discipline according to their timelines needs to be maintained.

Do advice.

cheers
MM
Please do suggest some venues.
The boat idea may be fun, but the timing et al may prove to be inconvenient for many. So even though I was looking forward to the throwing Ishaan overboard bit, let us look at other options too.
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:12   #47
BHPian

Here goes,

The Cricket club of India, - Churchgate, one room on the ground floor can occupy 40 people another on the 1st floor can occupy 120 members + catering setup.

A ground can be occupied if more than those are coming. Parking I doubt seems to be a problem since there are offices and reasonable parking can be observed in Churchgate during those times.

BYOB possible - we need to arrange a small permit which the club will arrange. Food quality - one of the best club foods available. they have Kakori House - Imtiaz Qureshi's catering outfit, the best in kababs and mughlai. Chinese they have Nelson Wang back again in the club, Thakkars, & the club menu. Reasonably priced - 200 onwards.
All halls are air conditioned.

Corkage charges apply so who so ever gets your bottles, take them back please.

good part about the 120 cover hall is that there is a dedicated entrance from the 2nd parking lot. ! Sound you make wont reach any one from within this hall.

Music could be arranged to drown out the sounds.

2) BCA - Garware club house - hall which can be hired. can fit approx 100 people. Food - Not been there since a long time, Liqour is very cheap (will check and revert on the BYOB scene). Food scene is not that very high up. A/C all around.

3) Hindu Gymkhana. - Very lax- chilled out scene. Non A/c will need to check, no non veg food. - damper. Permanently BYOB (members drink there with their own stuff),

All clubs shut by 11 - 11.30

Mid town places which really rock and affordability being in line with the last meet - Barbecue Nation Bandra - Awesome food.

There are other awesome venues giving you a 360 view of Bombay (atop a hill) in the night very chilled out place in Aarey milk colony but then transportation is a problem so wont suggest that.

These are off the cuff places, will research and post more.

Cheers

Last edited by mmmjgm : 2nd October 2008 at 14:23.
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:20   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here goes,

The Cricket club of India, - Churchgate, one room on the ground floor can occupy 40 people
BYOB possible - we need to arrange a small permit which the club will arrange.

2) BCA - Garware club house - hall which can be hired. can fit approx 100 people. Food - Not been there since a long time, Liqour is very cheap (will check and revert on the BYOB scene). Food scene is not that very high up. A/C

There are other awesome venues giving you a 360 view of Bombay (atop a hill) in the night very chilled out place in Aarey milk colony but then transportation is a problem so wont suggest that.
I like the above 3 of your suggestions. Please let us know approximate costings per head, not including alcohol.

Thanks for this.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 2nd October 2008 at 14:22.
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:38   #49
Team-BHP Support

Confirmed irrespective of the venue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Guys, is it possible to shift this to the 25th?? It's a Saturday too.
Not for you!

Quote:
What do you think about the 25th idea??
Its a really stupid idea. Its been on the eve of diwali the last two years, though you can burst your crackers on sunday.

manson.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2008 at 15:13.
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:49   #50
BHPian

Default aarey Garden Restaurant.

:::: Time Out Mumbai - city guide and fortnightly listing magazine ::::

Aarey Milk Colony
It’s like Matheran without the horses, whining kids or rage against the monkeys. Up an incline and right next to the central dairy, the Aarey Garden Restaurant is the antithesis of every bar in Mumbai. Located on the ground floor of a small building built in the first few years after Independence, its alfresco section has dozens of tables lining the sprawling grounds. It may be a warm day but being in the middle of an honest-to-goodness wood-and-leaf forest helps cool things down. And it has the one thing that every other bar in Mumbai should institute immediately: a bring-your-own-booze policy with no corkage. Aarey’s munchies are perfectly acceptable and the prices agreeable but it’s the service that’s incredible: they go above and beyond and are willing to trek down to a wine shop to bring your booze for you.
Aarey Garden Restaurant Next to Central Dairy, Aarey Milk Colony, Goregaon (E) (2685-8119). Daily 11am-11.30pm.

Courtesy : TimeoutMumbai.net.

Last edited by mmmjgm : 2nd October 2008 at 14:52.
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:53   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
It's 27th October, if we shift the date to 25th you might just land up here
and if you do -
Quote:
Originally Posted by swale84 View Post
Plus there's a huge risk of someone throwing Ishaan into the sea. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
So I take it the boat party is settled then.
Ok ok guys, I get the hint!!

Quote:
However gate crashers may join too. Some form of invite must be on hand to identify members. (first timers etc).
Ummm...Manish, trust me on this, no one will gate crash 'this' party for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Not for you!

Its a really stupid idea. Its been on the eve of diwali the last two years, though you can burst your crackers on sunday.
Like I said, I get the idea.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2008 at 15:13.
Old 2nd October 2008, 14:57   #52
Team-BHP Support

Citizen at Juhu beach, and Kings at Juhu next to prithvi theatre?
Both have banquets that would accomodate some 50-80 people without an issue.

manson.

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2008 at 15:14.
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:01   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Ok ok guys, I get the hint!!

Like I said, I get the idea.
Arre, tu to senti ho gaya. We were just kidding.
We know you'll turn up anyway, even though you'll crib at first - inited or uninvited .

Last edited by Aditya : 2nd October 2008 at 15:15.
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:06   #54
BHPian

Quote:

Ummm...Manish, trust me on this, no one will gate crash 'this' party for sure!

This is gateway of India crowd. Not the type you would like seen to be standing next to. And if there's no identification, they will pile on.

Like the crowd at Janpath During new years eve.

And Ishaan bhai. I was kidding about the gear lever in the cup holder !

Last edited by mmmjgm : 2nd October 2008 at 15:07.
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:21   #55
Senior - BHPian

We should get Id's made like Jubin had at the Pritam meet. I wouldn't mind paying for something like that. It would be a permanent solution.
Old 2nd October 2008, 15:25   #56
F50
Senior - BHPian

But many places are shutting down by 11-11.30 pm isnt that too early? Atleast by Team-Bhp standards!!
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is gateway of India crowd. Not the type you would like seen to be standing next to. And if there's no identification, they will pile on.
Arrey I'm telling you, no one will want to gate crash this party! For more on this see the thread of the last meet we had in Sea Lord (June '07) and you'll get the idea!

Quote:
And Ishaan bhai. I was kidding about the gear lever in the cup holder !
It's ok Manish!
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:10   #58
BHPian

F50, any other venues, please suggest, i understand 11.30 is way too early to shut down our meets.

Any all nighters ? Most probably we can move to a coffee shop post the meet and then again get banned. lol.
Cheers
M M
Old 2nd October 2008, 16:37   #59
Team-BHP Support

MMMMMMJM: coffe shop? You're kidding right!

I've just gotten off the phone with NC, he's going to check with a place that is reasonably central for everyone from bombay, and for the pune mortals too. And, it matches most requirements for a tbhp meet.
More on this in a while.

manson.
Old 2nd October 2008, 17:23   #60
Senior - BHPian

The place Manson was talking about is out. But he has found out another place in Chembur which I will be checking out in the evening and revert back.
Closed Thread