Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 4th October 2008, 12:08   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
I support any nice venue in Chembur.

Quote:
Chembur is filled with film personalities nowadays

Quote:
and Ram stays there as well. It would be nice for us to drive back to Pune after the meet.
Hmm

Quote:
N_C, which was the place where we met up for a beer? Remember?
That's Wild Orchid and sadly they do not rent out the lounge for parties / get togathers. And the prices for the banquet hall -

375 for vegetarians and 450 for non-vegetarians. The veg includes 3 veg preparations + rice + chappati + salad + soft drinks + 2 deserts. In non veg, there are 2 veg preparations and 2 non veg preparations - rest same.

BYOB is tolerated and they have corkage charges - 250 for imported and 200 for Indian spirits.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 4th October 2008 at 12:10.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:17   #122
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
That's Wild Orchid and sadly they do not rent out the lounge for parties / get togathers.
That means our favourite Saturday night joint is out!
Quote:
And the prices for the banquet hall -

375 for vegetarians and 450 for non-vegetarians. The veg includes 3 veg preparations + rice + chappati + salad + soft drinks + 2 deserts. In non veg, there are 2 veg preparations and 2 non veg preparations - rest same.

BYOB is tolerated and they have corkage charges - 250 for imported and 200 for Indian spirits.
Not bad. Parking might be an issue, though.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:19   #123
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Really, so if you guys want to have the meet there its absolutely ok with me.
but it isn't ok with the rest at TBHP. No one should be curtailed from letting his/her hair down a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Im told the new China Gate at the new mall on linking road is fab for small parties and is reasonable too.
Gogi, my wife, a Bandra girl, told me the food is not the same level as the original China Gate and you dear SIR are a Foodie, am I right? You, might shoot the cook.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:33   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
I dont think anyone would drink at their factory or office.
Now where's that blushing icon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16
Im told the new China Gate at the new mall on linking road is fab for small parties and is reasonable too.

That place is very big. And lavish. I think it would be very expensive. I am going to get a quote from Krishna for an unrelated party in the evening today, will let you know. I have heard that on regular days, its "all you can eat" for Rs. 2500/- per head. Plus, all along the place, there are small rivulets flowing (a bit like Prive). I had almost fallen into one after being hammered at a party. Dont be surprised if you spot Nalini doing a Mandakini in it on our meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
So this time, MM3 is going to be all different from the earlier ones? Or am I lost completely?
I think the thread will be renamed - the "Mumbai Dilwali Meet"
Old 4th October 2008, 12:37   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This sounds good. I have no issues BUT:

Quote:
250 for imported and 200 for Indian spirits.
quite high. Can you get rid of this clause?

Last edited by moralfibre : 4th October 2008 at 12:38.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:51   #126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
NC, I have never been to a meet but do you guys consume rice and chappatti during a meet. I thought the food would be more like a kebab and skewers - aka finger food.
Old 4th October 2008, 12:55   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
NC, I have never been to a meet but do you guys consume rice and chappatti during a meet. I thought the food would be more like a kebab and skewers - aka finger food.
This is a great time to find out! I usually do the day after, when someone tells me that I ate
Old 4th October 2008, 12:55   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Well after the merriment is over and the bottles are empty - food is consumed which includes rice, chappati, dal, bhajji et all.

During the drinking session the stuff you talk about - finger food like kebabs, fried prawns, tandoori stuff is consumed.

Spoilt ain't we ? And I hope you are attending this one ?
Old 4th October 2008, 13:16   #129
BANNED

How about all of us going to pune for this one?? I am sure pune has a lot of good places which eill allow you to party till late in the nite.

The Above is just a suggestion. Please feel free to disagree!!
Old 4th October 2008, 13:21   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
How about all of us going to pune for this one?? I am sure pune has a lot of good places which eill allow you to party till late in the nite.

The Above is just a suggestion. Please feel free to disagree!!
Yeah Kiddo. Desperate to get lucky aren't you? and not stay parked in a corner like your Fiats

Nice try!
Old 4th October 2008, 13:24   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Yeah Kiddo. Desperate to get lucky aren't you? and not stay parked in a corner like your Fiats

Nice try!
Desperate to get lucky?? Please Explain!! My bawa brain knows only one meaning of the phrase "getting lucky!!"..And i can get lucky in bombay too u know!!
Old 4th October 2008, 13:44   #132
Senior - BHPian

Cyrus,

The meet is in Mumbai ONLY.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:12   #133
BHPian

How about a combination of Bowling Co. and the sports bar ????
+ lots of parking !
Old 4th October 2008, 14:14   #134
BHPian

In Chembur options are:
1) Chembur Gym Khana.
2) Sindhi Society Gym Khana.
3) Acres Club.
Old 4th October 2008, 14:58   #135
BHPian

Can we find a place which just leases the ground out, Gogi can cater, and the BYOB can be taken care of by a temporary permit.?

That makes Gogi's legendary catering in the picture, he can drink (we can make sure we get waiters from another catering outfit).

Everything settled in this case then.

Any suggestions in favour of such a place ?

Smoking ban would not apply on a boat ? Any clarifications on this ?

Do advice.

Cyrus -(a venue in Pune) - people can hop into a cab after drinking in Bombay, if the meet is in Pune, how do I travel with my wife and myself on the highway after drinks ? She drives in the city, not at night especially on the highway back to Bombay.

Cheers

M M

Last edited by mmmjgm : 4th October 2008 at 15:15.
Closed Thread