Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 4th May 2009, 14:15   #331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Heaven !!!! thats what I can say!!!
Gosh, and wouldn't I fully agree?!
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2009, 14:58   #332

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamtheLeo View Post
Thats exactly my orginal plan & i want to do it in 12-14 days. so hope it will be a pretty laid back trip & I certainly am a fan of kashimir beauty (been there many times) so would enjoy it to fullest

Been reading the thread with lot of interest. Been planning a laid back trip myself. I plan to take the Delhi-Dalhousie-Srinagar-Drass/Kargil-Leh-Manali route. Have planned the trip in first week of June (total of 14-16 days). Will be driving my Wagon R (Baleno would be out of question on this trip). Hope to catch up with other enthusiasts...

Yogi
yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 11:21   #333
BHPian

I have been following this thread for a long time with interest. I am planning to go to Leh in June from Bangalore, but I cannot take my bike or car from here. I plan to take a flight from Bangalore to Delhi and back. What are my options to do this trip. I do not want to hire bikes to do the trip. Are there any groups whom I can join from Delhi or elsewhere. I do not want to do any conducted tours either. I am game for a laid back trip. If any groups planning such trips, please post a link here.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 17:03   #334
Senior - BHPian

I have a friend who has some details on such a laid back trip. He is looking for a couple of guys to join in to share the costs. If anyone is interested in it please drop in a pm to me for the details.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2009, 22:03   #335
BHPian

Can someone create a simple list of whoz going when with how many passengers and what car?
Abhiknov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 10:00   #336
Team-BHP Support

My tentative date is 21 august departure from Delhi(Delhi manali that day)
Two people(me and my wife), we are looking for convoying with others. MileCruncher is probable I think. 3 car convoy is ideal, becase finding more than 3 rooms at a place can be tricky!
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 10:39   #337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
My tentative date is 21 august departure from Delhi(Delhi manali that day)
Two people(me and my wife), we are looking for convoying with others. MileCruncher is probable I think. 3 car convoy is ideal, becase finding more than 3 rooms at a place can be tricky!
Hehe I still continue to be probable. Will be able to take a firm decision by the mid of July.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 11:14   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhiknov View Post
Can someone create a simple list of whoz going when with how many passengers and what car?

Ok let me start -

Lets keep it in the following format -

Passenger details - Car details - Location of start - When (Dates) - Brief Route Plan

1. KSM-Vtec +1friend - Gypsy - Mumbai - August(Will confirm date soon) - Mumbai>Manali>Leh>Srinagar>Dalhousie>Mumbai
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 11:27   #339
Sha
BHPian

I am leaving to leh in june 2nd week in gypsy.
Sha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 12:14   #340
BHPian

Hi ..

I wil be driving from bangalore . anybody else doing the trip from bangalore....
ego4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 15:40   #341
BHPian

I am planing to do it from Nagpur, will be driving from Nagpur with wife and son, date 1st week of June. Am still not decided on the locations, need advice on this, will have 15 days including the return part to Nagpur.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 16:01   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Ok let me start -

Passenger details - Car details - Location of start - When (Dates) - Brief Route Plan

1. KSM-Vtec +1friend - Gypsy - Mumbai - August(Will confirm date soon) - Mumbai>Manali>Leh>Srinagar>Dalhousie>Mumbai

Guys lets make it a list and not individual posts, quote this post and add your name in it.
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2009, 20:38   #343

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
Ok let me start -

Me and my Family 5 members (wife and 3 kids) – Innova - from Idindakarai - between 15th & 20th of July – Starting from South Tamilnadu – Idindakarai –Mysore-Hiriyur-Mumbai-Ahmadabad-Delhi-Manali-Srinagar-Dalhousie-Delhi-and back on the same route.

(I am open to any better route suggestions)

Any of you planning to do this trip in above said date and route, we can plan and match our dates accordingly.
Rajujey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 14:18   #344
Senior - BHPian

The route is finalised but the dates are still open as we need to work out on the dates so that they suit everybody who wants to join in with us. We already ahve 3 confirmations but have space for 2 more. The route is:-
Delhi-Manali (1), Manali-Upshi (2), Upshi-Tangtse-pangongtso (3), pangongtso-Hemis-thiksey-Leh (4), Leh(5), Leh-Kargil (6), Kargil-Padum (7) Padum (8), Padum-Kargil (9), Kargil-Mushkoh-Sonmarg (10), Sonmarg-Srinagar (11), Srinagar-Jammu (12), Jammu-Delhi (13).
The day is in brackets. We are keeping 15 days out for the above.
In case any one of you guys wanna join in PM me for the costs and other info. The vehicle is a scorpio.
wanderernomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 14:29   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
Delhi-Manali (1), Manali-Upshi (2), Upshi-Tangtse-pangongtso (3), ......
I trust you are having your permits made in advance by an agency?
anupmathur is offline   Reply With Quote