Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 14th October 2008, 02:27   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
aha! Now I need to confirm online as well!!! I think I spoke with most of them that I will be there for the meet on the phone, Arun's place will be on my way home from office.

Hey! one more thing, as I am unable to post the pics of our Yercaud - Interstate meet, If you guys are interested, I will show the pics tomorrow(with some little description). BTW, arun do you have a card reader which can read both XD and SD??? Anyways, I will bring the USB cable along.

Ive got a lappie with a card reader slot hardly used , i think its got everything in it . so that shouldnt be a problem.good to know you'll be making it.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 08:37   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
As much as i have seen a Timbuctoo for real in India! I dont know where in the world Patencheru is!.But its cool , booking a cab is no issues . We'll find out from Khanonce he arrives about his tour expense being bourne by him or company , lol . based on that we'll book an indica or innova .
I think it will be the office that is going to bear the expense ( not sure need to confirm from him) . If yes, we can book a Beemer

See ya all guys around 730pm.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2008, 19:53   #33
BHPian

How is it going guys?? I didn't join because currently I am buried under tonnes of work this week. Posting this from the office. Someone please put up a report about the meet after it is over.
huntrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 09:39   #34
Team-BHP Support

Default Hyderabad TBHP Drink Meet Report

It was one of the best impromptu drink meets and probably the first ever at a tbhpian's (Absynthguzzler's) house and also first ever to host a out of hyderabad tbhpian ( Khan_Sultan from Bangalore).

Firstly, it's one of the lovliest house i ever saw in my life and kudos to Arun for the restoration, theme and ofcourse the hard work that went behind it. I will post a few pictures tonight so you can see it for yourself

I picked up Khan_Sultan around 7pm and we drove down to Arun's house in Tarnaka and by the time we reach it was 8pm and we already see KKRK2,Cooldude and Rider60.

In a few minutes walks in our distinguished bhpian DKG ( a.ka Deepak) and Shams and there was a lot of talk on 4X4, offroading and planning a camping trip to Arunachal Pradesh ( where Arun's projects are underway)

Later on, it was a suprise to see once an active tbhpian but now not so active-Naveen k.k walk in with his better half and we catched up on the gap of a few months. Naveen, it was good to see you!

The bar counter was brimming with activity as there was lot of stuff to sample ( we tried tequila shots with coffe liquoer-hmm was that tasty) and lots of beer and vodka and a fabulous dinner followed through.

DKG,Shams, Naveen took off around 11:30pm and the rest of us alcohol lovers went back in and attacked the bar and spent another hour over drinks and later had a liesurely dinner and headed out around 1AM and thanks to KKRK2 who was leading the 2 red viva convoy on his bike to ensure we don't land in the hands of waiting cops

All this could happen due to our fantastic host ( Absynthguzzler A.k.a Arun). Thanks Arun for having us all at your place and for being such a wonderful host for this amazing party.

People who attended :-

Mobike008
Abysnthguzzler
Cooldude
KKRK2
Rider60
DKG
Shams
Naveen K.K + 1
And, ofcourse our guest-Khan_Sultan
Old 15th October 2008, 10:53   #35
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Arun thanks for so graciously hosting the gathering. Lovely home. For guys like me who grew up visiting such homes amongst friends and family throughout our childhood, only to see them slowly being torn down for ugly apartment complexes it was such a delight to notice your family has not only retained a charming old residence but very tastefully done it up.

Lovely evening, it was indeed a pleasure meeting you guys

Now for that Arunachal Pradesh trip!!
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 11:17   #36
BHPian

Thank you everyone for attending the impromptu party, all kicked off by Mr Khan_sultans visit from Bangalore.So a big cheers goes to him in taking the initiative.

In regards to the actual event ,Once again,the Ice breaker for the event being a common interest ensured that the mood flowed right from start.

Thanks to each and every visitor for their genuine appreciation in regards to the house. Rest assured , this thread link will be forwarded to my Dad to feel good and put a smile on his face.

Added with the eccentricity of Yash and his "coming of age" in Drinking !! (Hope you've recovered and feeling much better by morning or whenever you wake up),we also had the teetotalers Mr Deepak and Shams,who's 4x4 experiences gave more highs than the beer and alcohol flowing.The event was very short , but im sure there will be times ahead where the conversation can be continued .Yes Arunachal is waiting for each and every T-Bhp'ian to enjoy what it offers and we shall plan that in due course.I'll leave it to you to start the thread at your convenience and I'll put in my feedback and support in organizing the event.

Thanks to Avi and Raj on taking the time to click pics. Thanks to Navin and Sapna on enjoying their time with fox-terriers and giving me the custard-apples.Ive not tasted them yet but will give you a feedback :-).

Thanks to Karan and Yash for the unexpected contribution towards the Bar.Yash , the Bacardi bottle was not christened this time , but make sure you have a simple pinacolada with this next time instead of tequila shots lol.Glad you got back home safe though.

Mr Khan,hope the taxi was convenient and you reached in time to prepare for the next day. Too bad that you had to leave early else we would have liked to know more about your reason for visiting Hyderabad.Also thought me a lesson is assuming your a non-vegetarian!!!!! Apologies in this regard too.Assumption is the mother of all **** ups eh.

on a lighter note , i forgot about the Cheescakes for desert!!!, a reason to have another impromptu meet, lol.

Thanks and once again, I appreciate everyone's gestures about the evening.

Arun

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 15th October 2008 at 11:21.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 11:27   #37
Team-BHP Support

Default Here are the photos

Fastest hyderabad tbhp photo upload
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3630.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3631.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3632.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3633.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3637.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3639.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3645.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3647.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3648.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3650.jpg  

Old 15th October 2008, 11:29   #38
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i forgot about the Cheescakes for desert!!!
My favourite!! What a shame we lost out.

Arun you have some awesome pictures of Arunachal Pradesh. May I request your sharing them here in a dedicated thread. That part of India is divinely beautiful, do please indulge us all.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 11:41   #39
Team-BHP Support

Here are some more pictures. Now somebody chip in and take the group picture and add the tbhp handle to it
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3653.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3658.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3661.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3662.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3663.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3665.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3669.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3672.jpg  

Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans?-dsc_3673.jpg  

Old 15th October 2008, 11:48   #40
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I know what I've missed now! Sorry Raj for not having time to respond to your sms invite. I was deep into my weekly meeting that ended at 830 pm, and was in no mood to drive all the way to Tarnaka after that.
Arun, that is a splendid house you have there!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 12:28   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Will do a final minute confirmation.

OT : Does anyone have the entire DVD collection of Prison Break?

I have it, but I got to search them in the corner.
naveen.kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 13:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

Lovely house. Will like to visit once later. Naveen, you lost some hair.
kutlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2008, 13:58   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
It was one of the best impromptu drink meets and probably the first ever at a tbhpian's (Absynthguzzler's) house and also first ever to host a out of hyderabad tbhpian ( Khan_Sultan from Bangalore).

Firstly, it's one of the lovliest house i ever saw in my life and kudos to Arun for the restoration, theme and ofcourse the hard work that went behind it. I will post a few pictures tonight so you can see it for yourself

I picked up Khan_Sultan around 7pm and we drove down to Arun's house in Tarnaka and by the time we reach it was 8pm and we already see KKRK2,Cooldude and Rider60.

In a few minutes walks in our distinguished bhpian DKG ( a.ka Deepak) and Shams and there was a lot of talk on 4X4, offroading and planning a camping trip to Arunachal Pradesh ( where Arun's projects are underway)

Later on, it was a suprise to see once an active tbhpian but now not so active-Naveen k.k walk in with his better half and we catched up on the gap of a few months. Naveen, it was good to see you!

The bar counter was brimming with activity as there was lot of stuff to sample ( we tried tequila shots with coffe liquoer-hmm was that tasty) and lots of beer and vodka and a fabulous dinner followed through.

DKG,Shams, Naveen took off around 11:30pm and the rest of us alcohol lovers went back in and attacked the bar and spent another hour over drinks and later had a liesurely dinner and headed out around 1AM and thanks to KKRK2 who was leading the 2 red viva convoy on his bike to ensure we don't land in the hands of waiting cops

All this could happen due to our fantastic host ( Absynthguzzler A.k.a Arun). Thanks Arun for having us all at your place and for being such a wonderful host for this amazing party.

Mobike008
Abysnthguzzler
Cooldude
KKRK2
Rider60
DKG
Shams
Naveen K.K + 1
I have been inactive since months being tied up with critical responsibilities at office, and fortunately we managed to put all our efforts as a team to get that successful.

Since a week, I was enjoying the success in different ways, we had great party in T2, Novatel, several parties in pubs, and gatherings.Some thing was missing in all those parties. May be I became so inactive, that I lost in finding out the missing feeling is all about wheels, speeds, smell of those tyre.......

I was waiting for a meet, and started that discussion with Tariq. At that very moment, I recieved an SMS from Raj. I am so honored for Raj's consideration. I surely wanted to be in that meet, and Khans visit made all the more reason. I planned to start early from the office and called up my wife. She said that she can be alone at home, and wanted to join me for a meet. I was so skeptical in taking her to a Team-BHP meet. But I dint want to disappoint her though. The way I was inactive in Team-bhp, I was so away from home for that project.

Atlast I made up my mind that I will meet all wonderful people.

I picked Sapna from her office, and with small confusion reached the venue.
I am sure the home surprised me. I have seen many big, expensive homes, but never a combination of such a bright colored antique building restored so neatly with tasteful interiors. The maintenance of building and perfection of taste was evident in every corner. I just cant stop praising the best building I have seen with combination of everything.

Next comes to people I met. Deepak, Shams, Shanawaz, and Rao were busy talking about 4X4’s Avi, and Yash were surprised, my presence. Avi was blaming me for staying away from meets, and team.

Arun has been a best host. He offered me wide range of drinks, beer was my choice, and I kept my habit of sticking up with the same drink through. We had a quick summery of Avi’s Goa trip, Deepak and Shams Vikarabad drive. The word Vikarabad makes me all the more alive, it’s my home town. It was the time for Dinner. The host made sure he served best of everything. Mutton Biryani, Chiken Curry Rumali Rotis, etc…..

Shanawaz, Deepak, Shams were getting ready to leave, so we did. We took a nice group pic. Avi’s, Rajs courtesy.

Arun was to mention a word “pets, and Dogs” my wife sapna got all her enthusiasm. We had a look at rare Fox Terriers. They were so active, decent, and with their rare habit of lifting their legs when they are curious.

That was a best meet.

Thanks to all your effort, in making the meet successful. Looking forward to have such meets.
Old 15th October 2008, 13:58   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Assumption is the mother of all **** ups eh.
Oh Boy, this dialogue brought back fond memories of one of my all time favorite movie. Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels

Midlifecrisis, if your seeing this, i want my DVD back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutlee View Post
Lovely house. Will like to visit once later. Naveen, you lost some hair.
He didn't lose any but just shaved it

Folks, sorry for the noisy pictures, i was too drunk and later realized my camera was in manual and i was shooting away to glory. all this pics were captured in like 5-10 mins

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th October 2008 at 14:01.
Old 15th October 2008, 14:02   #45
BHPian

I have been to Tirupathi, and shaved my hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Mobike008
Abysnthguzzler
Cooldude
KKRK2
Rider60
DKG
Shams
Naveen K.K + 1
I have been inactive since months being tied up with critical responsibilities at office, and fortunately we managed to put all our efforts as a team to get that successful.

Since a week, I was enjoying the success in different ways, we had great party in T2, Novatel, several parties in pubs, and gatherings.Some thing was missing in all those parties. May be I became so inactive, that I lost in finding out the missing feeling is all about wheels, speeds, smell of those tyre.......

I was waiting for a meet, and started that discussion with Tariq. At that very moment, I recieved an SMS from Raj. I am so honored for Raj's consideration. I surely wanted to be in that meet, and Khans visit made all the more reason. I planned to start early from the office and called up my wife. She said that she can be alone at home, and wanted to join me for a meet. I was so skeptical in taking her to a Team-BHP meet. But I dint want to disappoint her though. The way I was inactive in Team-bhp, I was so away from home for that project.

Atlast I made up my mind that I will meet all wonderful people.

I picked Sapna from her office, and with small confusion reached the venue.
I am sure the home surprised me. I have seen many big, expensive homes, but never a combination of such a bright colored antique building restored so neatly with tasteful interiors. The maintenance of building and perfection of taste was evident in every corner. I just cant stop praising the best building I have seen with combination of everything.

Next comes to people I met. Deepak, Shams, Shanawaz, and Rao were busy talking about 4X4’s Avi, and Yash were surprised, my presence. Avi was blaming me for staying away from meets, and team.

Arun has been a best host. He offered me wide range of drinks, beer was my choice, and I kept my habit of sticking up with the same drink through. We had a quick summery of Avi’s Goa trip, Deepak and Shams Vikarabad drive. The word Vikarabad makes me all the more alive, it’s my home town. It was the time for Dinner. The host made sure he served best of everything. Mutton Biryani, Chiken Curry Rumali Rotis, etc…..

Shanawaz, Deepak, Shams were getting ready to leave, so we did. We took a nice group pic. Avi’s, Rajs courtesy.

Arun was to mention a word “pets, and Dogs” my wife sapna got all her enthusiasm. We had a look at rare Fox Terriers. They were so active, decent, and with their rare habit of lifting their legs when they are curious.

That was a best meet.

Thanks to all your effort, in making the meet successful. Looking forward to have such meets.