Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 16th November 2008, 21:30   #166
BHPian

Bidar Meet pics:- (First set)

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3712.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3718.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3714.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3709.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3713.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3707.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3717.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3716.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3708.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3719.jpg
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2008, 21:38   #167
BHPian

Bidar Meet (second set):

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3728.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3721.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3722.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3725.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3727.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3720.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3729.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3726.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3731.jpg
Old 16th November 2008, 21:53   #168
BHPian

Bidar meet (final set):-
Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3737.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3739.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3740.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3742.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3741.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3735.jpg

Hyderabad : November'08 Drive Meet-img_3736.jpg
Old 16th November 2008, 22:02   #169
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful Pics guys and looks like you all had a great drive..All i have is regrets for not coming.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 09:15   #170
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
chal i am the last one to post and start and meet you guys at the location as soon as i catch. lets see how well my cocktail works out for the drive i mean the one in my signature...
Yash, fantastic that you could make it and caught up with us 100kms on the highway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
sorry guys, woke up at 12 Hope everyone else showed up. Weather looks to be awesome for drive. have a great meet.
I am surprised that you didnt make it. I knew you would be there for sure. You missed a cool meet

Guys, the meet had all the ingredients that is required for a great fun time :

First and foremost mind-blowing weather, lot of new folks for the first time, great booze, good food, meeting a distinguished gentleman who travelled 2-Lakh Kms in 13 years since he is been on road via. his puny Bajaj Cub scooter ( kudos to him).

And, finally some stop, enjoy and go moments to check out the highway scenery during this chilly,breezy and drizzling day

Let me get back into the work mode and will post my pictures tonight. Have a great day ahead !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 09:45   #171
BHPian

My first drive meet with Team Bhpians and I must admit it was a great one.All were able to bond with each other so easily.This is the spirit I guess which makes Team Bhp so unique.Special thanks to Avi for having organized this meet.

Looking forward to meet up with all of you, again.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 10:08   #172

Great snaps devnull and theodore. Am guessing why mobike's shutters are still not exposed.

Indeed I see you all cherished the speed and weather on top of all excitements.
freakster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 10:52   #173
Senior - BHPian

hey guys, am curious, how was teh performance of the Indica vista on the drive?

feeling bad for having dropped out at the last minute due to sudden travel.

Avi-Tirupati?
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 11:17   #174
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
My first drive meet with Team Bhpians and I must admit it was a great one.All were able to bond with each other so easily.This is the spirit I guess which makes Team Bhp so unique.Special thanks to Avi for having organized this meet.

Looking forward to meet up with all of you, again.
Brajesh, it was great fun to war against you on the highway. I touched 155kmph and i am quite sure you touched 160kmph or more. Look forward to having your 1.6 beast again on the next drive. Stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakster View Post
Great snaps devnull and theodore. Am guessing why mobike's shutters are still not exposed.

Indeed I see you all cherished the speed and weather on top of all excitements.
Amrut Dude, i reached home at 8:30pm and immediately went out for a party and came back home at 12:30AM. I will sure post my pictures tonight.Btw, you missed one helluva meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

Avi-Tirupati?
According to Anand(CtrAltDel) the Vista was performing quite nicely and was way better than Indica. And, yup been to Tirupathi last week.

Getsurya was waiting for your Safari and was disappointed. And, let me tell you his M-hawk surely is a beast on the highway
Old 17th November 2008, 11:30   #175
BHPian

Default Bidar Rocks!

Morning ...

Just walked into office and was told by theodre the 1st set of pics have been uploaded by him and devnull...

Out and out what a meet guys!

The weather was awesome ,got to meet up with the fellow bhpians( the veterans as well as newbie's like me)...

Discovered devnull is my next door neighbour(practically)... reassures the world's such a small place to live in...

As for the place ,such a small place but so rich in history ... apart from the fort (which didnt have an entry fee) the other places of tourist interest which we missed due to time constraints were some famous tombs,gurudwara and narsingh god temple( still thinking of how we all were convincing avinash to go to the narsingh god temple in his underpants ,as this temple requires you to go through some tunnel filled with water)...

Not to forget hotel mayura and the much needed cheers:...

Awesome performance by my xing ,considering it being an automatic ,it definately was competing with some of the other rides with full throttle on the highway...

The pick of the ride among the gang for me was definately the ford ikon 1.6...

Finally hats off to the journalist who we all were lucky to meet up during the chai break for travelling around the country on his bajaj scooter spreading communal harmony...
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 11:51   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

Avi-Tirupati?
Let me answer that Himanshu since i took it for a quick spin while we were waiting @ the Dhaba for Yash to catch up

Interiors - Just as spacious as the original Indica though much better in terms of the finish and feel. This was the top end version and came with a height adjustable drivers seat (that's one feature you dont see in hatchbacks). Speedo console is in the center so takes a bit of time to get used to.

Engine Performance - DEFINITELY better than the V2. This was the Quadrajet engine from the FIAT stable. You still feel the .5 sec lag of the diesel engine when you floor the accelerator but from then on its a steady rise on the RPM/Speedo. I didnt try it with the A/C on since the weather was awesome but from what i heard there is no significant dip in performance even with the A/C on. Surprise! Surprise! NO VIBRATION + NO NOISE from the Engine!
This was as good as the Verna CrDi Engine when it came to the noise reduction and damping.

Gearbox - DEFINITELY better than the V2. This is again from the FIAT stable so you get all the refinement. Short and smooth shift (As good as the Accent Petrol).

Suspension - I somehow felt that it was a bit on the softer side but then again i was driving this post sitting in a Santro which has a pretty sturdy/stiff suspension. Again unlike the V2 which had minimal suspension, you can feel a world of difference.
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 12:02   #177
Team-BHP Support

Amit, how can you hide such news from us????

You never told us you have been adorned the brand ambassador for Vista
Old 17th November 2008, 12:11   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Amit, how can you hide such news from us????

You never told us you have been adorned the brand ambassador for Vista
Well i seem to have taken this role ever since i shot that video of Hillram's Sierra towing the Beemer on the Gungul drive!
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 12:11   #179
Senior - BHPian

Arrow TBHP HYD Bidar NOV meet!!!

cheers:Hi All,

It was PURE FUN and EXHILARATION yesterday!! This being my first tbhp outing, I just want to say---"WE ROCK"!!

Lovely drive, good time spent with like minded people, great co-ordination..AWESOME!

It was nice meeting so many folks and the ambience was such that nobody would guess some of us are meeting all of us for the first time! KUDOS to the TBHP SPIRIT! way to GO!
All cars were blazing through! not to mention Avi's Peted Viva. Anands new VISTA was a pleasure as I feel that finally TATA has come to some good design innovation! Good car Anand!
I also liked the speeds our cute chevy SPARK did! My all time favourite sedan FORD IKON 1.6 was the show stealer on the road with a great driver like Brajesh on the wheel!! WOW-what a speed monster it was!! without any performance mods!! COOL!!
The drinks laced with some snacks and lunch was good to go with the climate!!

Just some thoughts I would like to leave it open for all of us ponder/suggest/implement for future meets:
1. Get some TBHP memoirs for all participants(can be a nice sticker/dashboard item on the car etc) which shall remind us of the event and keep us wanting more!
2. Have some surprise elements thrown in!!(like best driver award! Well maintained car prize....kind of stuff)
3. Track the cars for thier mileage on the drive and recongize the same.

If these are already somewhere in action, then we should execute them for ours too. Ofcourse, the question is who shall fund these prizes/memoirs?? the same people who funded the fuel in the cars!!! US only!!

Get mHawked!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 12:17   #180
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, guys! I never knew that Bidar was such an interesting place! I was really keen to participate, but darn...urgent domestic issues kept me away. That's why I refrained from posting a couple of weeks ago when this thread was started.
I'm surprised to see only 10 cars, against 14 or 15 planned. What happened to the 2
Verna CRDIs? And wow, I'm surprised to see a Santro hitting 130 kmph!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote