Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 18th November 2008, 21:03   #211
BHPian

guys...sorry the delay in posting my pix. i have taken those in high resolution and will now have to compress them (without losing quality) so that i may upload easily and also so that it wont eat space in this site...patience plz

another thing, i am looking for my cam's software CD so that i can install it in my PC and stitch the panorama shots. that might get delayed till i locate the CD.
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 09:15   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
guys...sorry the delay in posting my pix. i have taken those in high resolution and will now have to compress them (without losing quality) so that i may upload easily and also so that it wont eat space in this site...patience plz

another thing, i am looking for my cam's software CD so that i can install it in my PC and stitch the panorama shots. that might get delayed till i locate the CD.
Cool No problem boss,

But do send me the high resolution group picture with Mr.Anwar Ali Khan MSC, MJ, MPhil.

I goto send him.
naveen.kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 11:01   #213
Team-BHP Support

Apart from CtrlAltDel, who else still has to post pictures?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 13:11   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.kk View Post
Cool No problem boss,

But do send me the high resolution group picture with Mr.Anwar Ali Khan MSC, MJ, MPhil.

I goto send him.
sure...PM me your mailid
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 13:13   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Apart from CtrlAltDel, who else still has to post pictures?

PVS was carrying a digicam as well ,not sure he's clicked pictures any different from the ones already posted
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 14:53   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Venue – RTP (Malaysian Township)
Time – 8:15 IST
Location – My place
Attendees – Rajesh Rawal, Devnull (Rahul) and self

Outgoing Trip -
------
Thanks everyone for joining in. Hopefully we should have another one shortly with a similar turnout. While we did have a couple of cancellations for varied reasons ranging from “I didn’t get up” to “I had to fly out of town for some work”, it was a good turnout with 10 Cars.
Guys, a bit late to post my comments now! I thoroughly enjoyed the drive. This was my first long distance drive on a new car. I maintained a max of 100 kmph in the morning but in the in the evening, I touched 130 kmph. I reached Lal Bazaar at around 8:20 pm.

All in all I learnt two things :

a) Driving at night
b) Should have controlled my temperment a little bit and could have driven a bit slowly.
valivetikmurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 16:32   #217
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
PVS was carrying a digicam as well ,not sure he's clicked pictures any different from the ones already posted
PVS, if they are different, why dont you post 'em up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by valivetikmurthy View Post
Guys, a bit late to post my comments now! I thoroughly enjoyed the drive. This was my first long distance drive on a new car. I maintained a max of 100 kmph in the morning but in the in the evening, I touched 130 kmph. I reached Lal Bazaar at around 8:20 pm.

All in all I learnt two things :

a) Driving at night
b) Should have controlled my temperment a little bit and could have driven a bit slowly.
Krishna, glad to know you enjoyed the trip, hope to have you around for all the future ones too.

Now for god's sake, open your account. It's glaring to see your post count after so many months still stuck at "0"
Old 19th November 2008, 16:37   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valivetikmurthy View Post
Guys, a bit late to post my comments now! I thoroughly enjoyed the drive. This was my first long distance drive on a new car. I maintained a max of 100 kmph in the morning but in the in the evening, I touched 130 kmph.
Well, I kinda enjoyed being in that mini convoy while going back. I think it was being led by GetSurya followed by CtrAltDel, valivetikmurthy, me and VVRChandra (not in that order necessarily). Was good to have you folks around since I was getting bored all alone inside the car anyway. And guess we kept egging each other for that extra throttle and hence, some risky rides.

Special thanks to VVRChandra. He was at my tail right till BHEL and had very politely kept it at low beam .
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 16:37   #219
Senior - BHPian

valiveti, well said dude. On the return, I saw you ripping your Santro to the seams!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2008, 16:40   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Now for god's sake, open your account. It's glaring to see your post count after so many months still stuck at "0"

Seriously man, 0 count after spending 2 years in the forum!! You gotto start using those tips we discussed during lunch that day - head off to Travelogues section and start doing all the "nice pics", "great travelogue", "waiting for more", "wow" etc.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 00:28   #221
BHPian

Wow, truly a great meet / drive. Damn my internals - i could not make it. But i will be there for the GQ Relay Meet / Drive in Feb

And Avi, great pics of flowers. Thanks to Amit and others for that detailed review and pics.
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 01:23   #222
BHPian

Looks i missed out a good meet again. Lotta new faces i see. Btw nice pics everyone.
Just wanted to know how many kms traveled ? up and down
nosfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 09:42   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDreamer View Post
And Avi, great pics of flowers. Thanks to Amit and others for that detailed review and pics.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
Looks i missed out a good meet again. Lotta new faces i see. Btw nice pics everyone.
Just wanted to know how many kms traveled ? up and down
Surprised that you missed out on the meet. And, even Tariq who never misses after confirming also didnt turn up. Why?

My odo reading was 298kms up and down

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th November 2008 at 09:54.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:05   #224
Senior - BHPian

since i missed out on the meet last week, I am driving down to Bidar this saturday.....how r the roads all the way thru?

we plan to go to the Gurudwara and then do some silver shopping
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2008, 12:15   #225
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu, the roads are good except for one patchy part(2-5km max).You shall enjoy the drive. Have fun.
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote