Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2008, 05:26   #61
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hyd
Posts: 252
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Drive Date : Nov 16, 2008
Destination : Bidar ( 240kms both ways)
Time to Meet : 8:00AM
Place to Meet : Huda Maitrivanam, Ameerpet at 8:00AM and BHEL at 8:45 AM.

Confirmed List :
Mobike008 ( Viva CRDi)
Hillram ( Lancer Cedia)
Cooldude
KKRK2
Rider60 ( Viva CRDi)
Ajay 19
Absynthguzzler ( NHC)
Ajay Kumar Singh ( Toyota Qualis)
Torque4u (Accent)
Hunterz ( Palio 1.2)
Krishna Valeveti ( Santro)
Freakster ( Verna CRDi)
Amit_theodre ( Maruti Zen)
Ravi_Potla ( Verna CRDi)
Himanshugoswami ( Tata Safari)
Zen91 ( Ikon 1.6)
Devnull ( Chevy Spark)
Rajesh Rawal ( Santro Xing)
Nosfreak (I might eat dust, Blaze)

@torque4u :buzz me. bolta nahi merko.

@all: anybody carrying any fuelcan least 2 ltrs? Please let me know.
nosfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 08:54   #62
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosfreak View Post
Nosfreak (I might eat dust, Blaze)

@torque4u :buzz me. bolta nahi merko.

@all: anybody carrying any fuelcan least 2 ltrs? Please let me know.
look look looook who do we have here! DJ Virus. (DJ Cirus ka chota bhai )

So you will be in if you see couple of bongs in!!

I was about to sms you dude, does it matter who informs you??

I think rider60 can carry on for you. Anybody else want fuel, because he doesn't carry smaller cans :P
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 09:34   #63
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Any idea if i can park my jeep at maitrivanam ?
Also where all are we meeting ? gachibowli stadium and malysian township also ?
@absynthguzzler: I wouldnt mind driving to bidar in the jeep but my top speed is 60 and you guys will be doing 3 digit speeds comfortably. You guys will be preparing to leave by the time i reach bidar

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 4th November 2008 at 09:39.
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 09:46   #64
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Any idea if i can park my jeep at maitrivanam ?
Also where all are we meeting ? gachibowli stadium and malysian township also ?
@absynthguzzler: I wouldnt mind driving to bidar in the jeep but my top speed is 60 and you guys will be doing 3 digit speeds comfortably. You guys will be preparing to leave by the time i reach bidar

Dude , you can jump into my ride, there's no issues bout it. I'll even pick u up from wherever before we head to that tongue twister kinda meeting place.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 12:36   #65
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Nice to see Nick in too

If only some of our regulars too join in, the fun will only multiply!!!

And no, we are not going to Gachibowli Stadium. First stop at Huda and second stop at BHEL.

Now, someone do some research of what do to when we reach bidar and most importantly where to eat lunch

Also, are we going to Bidar Fort and Temple ( where you need to wade into water to reach the temple)? Decide Decide!

Guys somebody compliment me, i have crossed 2000 posts. Is it so hard to see or people are deliberately turning a blind-eye to it, let me tell you, it took a long toiling effort

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th November 2008 at 12:39. Reason: Fishing for compliments ;-)
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 12:51   #66
BHPian
 
suren181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 847
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Congrats Avi on crossing 2000 posts. Now let me get back to see if it was sheer quantity or was there quality involved too
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 13:03   #67
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Congrats Avi on crossing 2000 posts. Now let me get back to see if it was sheer quantity or was there quality involved too
Thanks Suren, sure go ahead!!!

However, let me warn you it would be a humungous task, and you may also see a lot of my posts in shifting gears where the post count don't matter. Make your self a cuppa coffee ( or is it a few bottles of the good 'ol stuff) and put up your feet and be ready to spend a few days to identify that

Btw, didn't see your confirmation?

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th November 2008 at 13:08.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 13:31   #68
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default Eating joints in bidar!

Avi bhai..

Quickly did some research on the food part ,the restaurant in the hotel mayura (opp the bus stand) serves various north indian dishes ,pepper chicken being their speciality,can club that with chilled beer.(veg eaters my apologies ,am hardcore non veg)..

Also the open air garden restaurant in hotel mayura barid shahi( which is also close to the bus stand) claims to be the best in town..

and u always have an option of a udupi joint called udupi krishna..(pure veg)

this should take care of the grub part for sure!
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 13:41   #69
Team-BHP Support
 
khan_sultan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,631
Thanked: 2,947 Times
Default

looks like a great drive/meet in the making. Wish your drive direction was southward so that I could have driven northward and met you folks :-)

@cooldude: do take your jeep man. It's always fun to have a 4x4 around in a meet. Also, with driving in groups there wil be enough breaks in the way for various reasons and you sure can catch up. :-)

PS: congrats on the 2k posts avi :-).
khan_sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 13:53   #70
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 1,976
Thanked: 968 Times
Default

Avi, congrats on 2 K....tere paas kitna free time hai re

at Bidar, I would like to visit the Gurudrawa ( Sikh temple). it is supposed to be a very famous one. anyone interested in accompanying?
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 14:02   #71
BHPian
 
theodore_ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
it took a long toiling effort
Dont forget the bandwidth - courtesy your prev company and now 'sachcham'!

Might be a good idea to share my login id with you so that you can increase my post count as well! cheers:
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 15:07   #72
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Congrats Avinash!

Karan, I would not advise you to park at Maitrivanam. It better you drive down in the jeep to bidar or leave it back at home.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 17:09   #73
Senior - BHPian
 
vnabhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: DC -> DC
Posts: 5,204
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008;1039794
[B
Guys somebody compliment me, i have crossed 2000 posts. Is it so hard to see or people are deliberately turning a blind-eye to it, let me tell you, it took a long toiling effort[/b]
Congrats Avi! It is no mean achievement! I know the amount of hard work and dedication that this calls for
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2008, 17:26   #74
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Avi bhai..

Quickly did some research on the food part ,the restaurant in the hotel mayura (opp the bus stand) serves various north indian dishes ,pepper chicken being their speciality,can club that with chilled beer.(veg eaters my apologies ,am hardcore non veg)..

Also the open air garden restaurant in hotel mayura barid shahi( which is also close to the bus stand) claims to be the best in town..

and u always have an option of a udupi joint called udupi krishna..(pure veg)

this should take care of the grub part for sure!
Rajesh, hats off too you. Now i know i wont go hungry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
looks like a great drive/meet in the making. Wish your drive direction was southward so that I could have driven northward and met you folks :-)

PS: congrats on the 2k posts avi :-).
Thanks Shahnawaz, i appreciate your comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Avi, congrats on 2 K....tere paas kitna free time hai re

at Bidar, I would like to visit the Gurudrawa ( Sikh temple). it is supposed to be a very famous one. anyone interested in accompanying?
I am in for the Gurudwara. And my dear himanshu, just today closed some some big business from your company, so do you still think i am lucca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
Dont forget the bandwidth - courtesy your prev company and now 'sachcham'!

Might be a good idea to share my login id with you so that you can increase my post count as well! cheers:
Amit, how can you be so cruel, combinedly the amount of bandwidth we use, we are putting a big hole into our company's balance sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Congrats Avinash!
Thanks Sagar

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Congrats Avi! It is no mean achievement! I know the amount of hard work and dedication that this calls for
Thanks Venu and you bet the hard work was absolutely excruciating and my sore fingers are for you to see!!!

Finally a big thanks to Ravi Potla who invited me out for lunch today after seeing that i crossed 2000 posts
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2008, 08:59   #75
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Bump Bump! Aren't there any more confirmations? Has the counting stopped?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore to Wayanad Meet & Drive. 8th & 9th November, 2014 RSUDARSANAN The Team-BHP Meet Section 53 31st March 2015 18:52
Hyderabad Team-BHP Meet-Jan' 2008: 1st Drive-And-Meet of the year guyonblackybx The Team-BHP Meet Section 50 17th January 2008 12:07
Hyderabad November Meet.... nosfreak The Team-BHP Meet Section 8 3rd November 2007 00:40
10 World's Fastest Cars--polled in November 2006 and due this november VJ_MAVRICK The International Automotive Scene 0 27th August 2007 11:47
Team BHP Meet: Sunday November 7th 2004 Dippy The Team-BHP Meet Section 11 9th November 2004 00:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:18.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks