Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 4th November 2008, 22:16   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I'm confirmed in my Alto.
Alto+1 or Viddy+None ?
Old 4th November 2008, 22:33   #47
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Hari, you cannot add up 1885 with 0111, 0111 is a member of her own right. You will get a mclaren1996 if you add them up like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
E_L, well as I am quite bad at numbers, I as well as many here would look forward to the day not far from now, when the result of your arithmetic actually gets converted into a Stuart Little's little one.
. Guys, 0111 has just joined and you guys are awaiting 1996/Stuart Little's little already? How early do you want to play with 1996? Will this Sunday do ? John, so are you coming to play too?
Old 5th November 2008, 14:10   #48

I am planning to do BLR-Leh sometime August as the tourist season tapers off, I plan to do this in my type 2 OHC.

BLR-Bombay-Ahmedabad-Mount Abu-Jaipur-Agra-Delhi-Chandigarh-Srinagar-Leh-Manali-Chattisgarh-Kujraho-BLR

I really doubt if my weak suspension and low GC will be able to handle Srinagar - leh - manali route.

I need some pointers on hiring a selfdrive jeep/muv/suv from Srinagar/Leh and also estimation of cost for this (6 days to cover these?) It will be close to 1K kms for this round trip so looking for something comfortable and reliable

--
Thanks
Abhinethra
Old 5th November 2008, 16:10   #49
BHPian

@abhinetra, your query is in the wrong section buddy. Ideally you have to put it up in the route query section. You are however welcome to join us on Sunday
Mods, please move the query to the right section? And please feel free to delete my post once you move it, if that's SOP.

Last edited by kartikkumar : 5th November 2008 at 16:13.
Old 5th November 2008, 18:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How early do you want to play with 1996? Will this Sunday do
My My!! I knew you were a fast driver, but this fast???
Anyway, see u and family on Sunday.

Ok, here's the plan guys,

We are to assemble latest by 7 am (Let's sincerely try and achieve this) on the service road opposite to Shreyas Intl. at Kogilu cross.
This is the second signal after you pass the Jakkur Flying Club. Immediately after crossing the signal, you can see this hotel on your left.

After everyone or most of everyone have gotten together, we drive onwards towards Nandi Hills, we could look out for some good dhaba on the way and stop by and make arrangements for lunch.

Our first stop is at the Bhoga Nandeeshwara Temple at the base of Nandi Hills for a photo op. That is here:

We see this on our way (car can be seen if seen from the same angle)
Name:  Nandi hills background.JPG
Views: 1962
Size:  42.0 KB

The temple
Name:  Nandi Temple.JPG
Views: 2782
Size:  100.1 KB

and it's surroundings
Name:  Lawn  Nandi.JPG
Views: 1902
Size:  111.3 KB

Name:  Kalyani.JPG
Views: 1832
Size:  94.3 KB

After this we drive towards Muddenahalli which is the birthplace of Sir M Visweshawariah, we could probably stop here to check out a museum where his house once stood.

Then a little ahead we turn off the road and park at a grassy open place where we can sate our hunger and then take loads of photographs of our rides and the gang.

Once we are done, we drive on towards Jakkalamadagu over some rough roads to get to the little dam. One more photo session and we start our way back via Chickaballapur where we get the highway again and return for lunch.

I hope all of you will turn up in great numbers and make it a good outing.
Pls inform about the number of people who will be accompanying you as we need to carry breakfast. Kindly confirm your participation before Friday evening as we need to order the exact numbers by Saturday morning.

Cheers,
Hari.
Old 5th November 2008, 19:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

can someone skip the breakfast part and join in later.. ?
Old 5th November 2008, 19:59   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Yes of course but you need to find your own route to reach the dam.

Abhi
Old 5th November 2008, 20:09   #53
Senior - BHPian

ok that should be cool and join in for lunch after the dam right?
Old 5th November 2008, 22:06   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
you are skipping breakfast? But that's the best part

Hari, great plan to go to Bhoganandeeshwara temple. Had been wanting to do that for quite a while actually. Looking forward to the meet now. Is there going to be any alcohol at the meet, given this is a family meet?

Last edited by kartikkumar : 5th November 2008 at 22:08.
Old 6th November 2008, 09:56   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there going to be any alcohol at the meet, given this is a family meet?
We did not have alcohol even at the last family meet, but that did not stop some members from getting beer, so it is a matter of individual choice.

Change of Meeting Point:

Guys I forgot, the original meeting point described earlier will be crowded owing to a Sunday market, so I suggest moving the meeting spot another Half kilometer further, wherever there is space on the service road.
Old 6th November 2008, 10:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

Hari/Abhi,

Saw this just now and it has already crossed 4 pages. Was busy in some office work. Confirmation from me...

Snaronikar + 1 + 2 kids (<5 yrs).
Old 6th November 2008, 10:54   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
We did not have alcohol even at the last family meet, but that did not stop some members from getting beer, so it is a matter of individual choice.
Cool. That's why I asked and it's probably that way. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 6th November 2008, 14:57   #58
Senior - BHPian

i know breakfast would be good.. But sunday morning 7am karthik that is surely impossible for me.. Will try but no promises. Alcohol will be there its an individual choice.. Unless where we go has no alcohol law.. Another "ban"
Old 6th November 2008, 17:55   #59
BHPian

Default me toooooo....

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
On Popular demand, Meet is now postponed to Sunday (9th Nov).

Guys, please post in your confirmations latest by Friday (7th Nov) EOD so that we can plan to arrange the breakfast accordingly.

Abhi please count me in. Just me. I will be joining luke aka Hari. Looking forward for a fun filled meet. Btw: what time are we planning to come back to the city?

Cheers,
Jai
Old 7th November 2008, 12:06   #60
BANNED

I'm in.

With Hari's permission, I have invited members of the offroad community in Bangalore to participate and identify some new trails for future OTRs. They will hopefully confirm by this evening.
Closed Thread