Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 24th November 2008, 12:09   #301
BHPian

I was in two minds whether to post this or not but before things go worse... I am sorry to have not controlled a situation which has encouraged some not so pleasant (in my perspective) comments in Person and in the Forum. I would appreciate if these comments could be kept out.

My word, this will not happen again !!
abhisheksircar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 12:37   #302
Senior - BHPian

What situation? What comments? Who are the protagonists? And what will not happen again? Looks like I am actually quite the mushroom that I always thought I was - kept in the dark and fed with a lot of bull's excreta and generally knows nothing about what's going on !!
By the way, Abhishek - I think some of your pics are simply superb and award winning quality. Like the red and white one and the inverted glasses one. Please PM the link to your website. Looks like I have lost it.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 16:04   #303
Senior - BHPian

Talking Mini Meet @ The Park, Park Street.

Hmmm! the thread has been "modded" . i'll take sometime to upload the video.

Please See:
In the mean time, we have another "cheap" guest here in Kolkata with us. He is Himangshu da from Hyderabad. he has some meeting at the Park, park street. He has asked us if we are available for a mini meet at the Park, Park St.
two of us have already confirmed for the Mini Meet.

here is the head-count as of now:
1. Himangshu Goswami, Tbhp Hyderabad
2. Shuvd
3. Fatal3rror
4. Toiingg (50:50)
5. Rocker (30:70) - will confirm later.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 16:51   #304
BHPian

I tried a lot to upload all the pics. But everytime I got a Database Error, though I had resized the pics.
So I have uploaded it all in Picasa. Please click the link below.
Picasa Web Albums - vrooooooom - Team-BHP Baga...#
vrooooooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 20:52   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Seems that I have missed another awesome meet . Great pics guys. The red cedia looks hot, whose car is it?

Last edited by BlackPearl : 24th November 2008 at 20:56.
BlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 22:50   #306
Senior - BHPian

Whatever happened to the group pics that were taken towards the end of the meet? Wasn't it taken on Planet's camera? Looking forward to it. Please post it up - whoever has it.
Old 24th November 2008, 23:47   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
Hmmm! the thread has been "modded" . i'll take sometime to upload the video.

Please See:
In the mean time, we have another "cheap" guest here in Kolkata with us. He is Himangshu da from Hyderabad. he has some meeting at the Park, park street. He has asked us if we are available for a mini meet at the Park, Park St.
two of us have already confirmed for the Mini Meet.

here is the head-count as of now:
1. Himangshu Goswami, Tbhp Hyderabad
2. Shuvd
3. Fatal3rror
4. Toiingg (50:50)
5. Rocker (30:70) - will confirm later.

Dada, y the "cheap Guest"

anyways, we had a micro mini meet with Shivd, Fatal Error and myself at Someplace Else at the Park. Thanks guys for coming over and making this an enjoyable evening!

the highlight of the evening (even better than the booze!) was the insane drive in Shuvd's mad mad Octi petrol turbo- Stage 2 mods, 225 BHP- man! that baby moves..... pity about the Kolkat atraffic and roads though. this baby needs the mean streets of delhi to really show its mettle.

thanks guys for this wonderful evening.....appreciate it!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2008, 23:48   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Seems that I have missed another awesome meet . Great pics guys. The red cedia looks hot, whose car is it?
It belongs to Avanish. I presume I spelled that correctly. Fatalerror can throw some error message if I didnt.

We both had a good time on Belghoria Expressway. Man that road and the drive was awesome. Hope the roads stay like that for a long long time.
Old 25th November 2008, 00:07   #309
Senior - BHPian

@ Himanshu - It was nice meeting you. Next time, stay here for a couple of days.
shuvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 00:31   #310
BHPian

Thanks to Abhsihek Sircar and the Baganbari Meet, I now have a new avatar :-)
Old 25th November 2008, 00:46   #311
BHPian

sorry about the really early reply... it was an amazing meet.. Thanks Daktar babu and all those who took part in organizing it!!! We all had a very nice and relaxed sunday thanks to your untiring efforts!!
Couple of the best moments of the picnic for me, were proably the sight of 12-15 cars lined up on the highway, brilliant conversations with superbly experienced and knowledgable people, the FOOD, beer&baganbari, shuvd's innate ability to entertain once tanked up, ..... and the list goes on!!
Looking forward to the next meet...

P.S. New alipore meet should be planned soon enough!!!
ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 01:09   #312
BHPian

@ Bonobashi & Tuhin Sir : Yes the "Gullwing" was indeed a 1954 but then who cares if it was a 1934 or 1954 as it was one damn fine car and I'am sure everyone will admit it's one of the most beautiful Mercs ever made.
Attached Thumbnails
Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-gullwing.jpg  

sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 06:20   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post

@ Bonobashi & Tuhin Sir : Yes the "Gullwing" was indeed a 1954 but then who cares if it was a 1934 or 1954 as it was one damn fine car and I'am sure everyone will admit it's one of the most beautiful Mercs ever made.

My question was about cars before 1930. So the Gullwing didn't qualify. Lovely car, though. Back to topic before Daktar Babu gets annoyed.
bonobashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 09:25   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Dada, y the "cheap Guest"
I think it's said in jest and basically to mock the soft Bengali pronunciation of the word "chief". I don't think planet meant any serious insult. Just a joke I guess.
Old 25th November 2008, 13:38   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post

Who cares? There was a war in the intervening period. There was a distinct shift betwee cars ahead of the war from the cars post-war. Anyway, I am commenting without knowing the context of the discussion.
1100D is offline   Reply With Quote