Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st December 2008, 17:46   #361
BHPian

Desperate efforts to make us laugh. That's our "Daktar Babu" on the house.
XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 19:47   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XetaGLGRocks View Post
Desperate efforts to make us laugh. That's our "Daktar Babu" on the house.

It was never 'desperate' ! I strongly object to that.

Members wanted to take my individual snap as the 'picnic was a roaring success',and I was dead against my individual picture for such a frivolous reason.

This is the culmination of me being forced to pose!
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:40   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post

It was never 'desperate' ! I strongly object to that.

Members wanted to take my individual snap as the 'picnic was a roaring success',and I was dead against my individual picture for such a frivolous reason.

This is the culmination of me being forced to pose!
He he! Why does this look like someone's strangling you?
I found some more snaps, which I could not upload in my previous attempts.
Attached Thumbnails
Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-pb231195.jpg  

Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-pb231192.jpg  

Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-pb231196.jpg  

Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-pb231197.jpg  

Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-pb231198.jpg  

Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-pb231199.jpg  

Kolkata - "Baganbari Meet" - November '08 EDIT: Report and pics from pg. 19-pb231200.jpg  

XetaGLGRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 20:31   #364

Bonobashi,
Just to let you know that I got the time to get meself registered on Team BHP!!
now reg the following:
Tuhin, who found a very appreciative audience for his car stories at the baganbari. For future reference, just in case he joins Team-BHP and we see him at future meets, the way to get him started (no, Victoria, not with a starting handle) is by asking him to tell you the story of how he restored our grand-dad's Plymouth, and how he and his kid brother restored a Hindustan.
unquote
The Plymouth I fixed was model was '47 P-15 Special DeLuxe, 4 door sedan, right hand drive, 265cu.in. 6-in-line L-Head with dual barrel Stromberg carbs, 3-speed manual. Job done, if you recall job done was complete strip down, engine bore, transmission suspension overhaul, paint, chrome and upholstery. P-15 had clocked up about 180,000 miles (in 1970).
The special kick out of the fix that lasted about 6 months was the speedometer.
Upto 40 mph the dash lights would be in sea green and beyond 40 it would turn gradually to dark green and beyond 60 it would get a yellow and over 75 mph it would be red!!!
Prior to this my late father overhauled the engine only when it had clocked about 100,000 miles in 1960.
On the second note - NO that little car was a Morris Oxford NOT a Hindustan - still have the Original badge somewhere
HudsonTKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2008, 22:38   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonTKR View Post
Bonobashi,

Welcome Tuhin da
to Team-BHP ! Hope you do many more restorations and have a pleasant stay here with all of us.
ultimatechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 00:33   #366
Senior - BHPian

two of my favourite videos have been uploaded. the links will be provided by noon. these two were 64MB each - they took a whooping 2 hours to upload. hope you will enjoy them.
planet_rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 22:36   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
two of my favourite videos have been uploaded. the links will be provided by noon. these two were 64MB each - they took a whooping 2 hours to upload. hope you will enjoy them.
Nice videos planet!
Here are the links guys:

razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2008, 23:39   #368
Senior - BHPian

thanks a lakhtonne razor

i was about to provide the links - but thanks again these were nothing compared to when the 'BAAR' was on very high revs.
Old 11th December 2008, 00:07   #369
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to team-bhp Tuhin. Please post often. You don't seem to be a very Net oriented person. We will be glad if you come online more often and contribute frequently.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 00:20   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonTKR View Post
Bonobashi,
now reg the following:
Tuhin, who found a very appreciative audience for his car stories at the baganbari. For future reference, just in case he joins Team-BHP and we see him at future meets, the way to get him started (no, Victoria, not with a starting handle) is by asking him to tell you the story of how he restored our grand-dad's Plymouth, and how he and his kid brother restored a Hindustan.
unquote
The Plymouth I fixed was model was '47 P-15 Special DeLuxe, 4 door sedan, right hand drive, 265cu.in. 6-in-line L-Head with dual barrel Stromberg carbs, 3-speed manual. Job done, if you recall job done was complete strip down, engine bore, transmission suspension overhaul, paint, chrome and upholstery. P-15 had clocked up about 180,000 miles (in 1970).
The special kick out of the fix that lasted about 6 months was the speedometer.
Upto 40 mph the dash lights would be in sea green and beyond 40 it would turn gradually to dark green and beyond 60 it would get a yellow and over 75 mph it would be red!!!
Prior to this my late father overhauled the engine only when it had clocked about 100,000 miles in 1960.
On the second note - NO that little car was a Morris Oxford NOT a Hindustan - still have the Original badge somewhere

Welcome to the forum, HudsonTKR.

I am delighted you joined.

You might have got much more of a response if you'd loaded your comments in a different thread. Even now, after all those years, reading your account gave me goose-bumps; what a car that Plymouth was! In a recent edition of a UK classic car magazine, the exact same model was advertised for sale for 8,995; you do the arithmetic!!

Even now, after all these years, I remember the creamy, Cognac-smooth surge of power from that 6-in-line engine. Not to mention that totally funky speedometer! Perhaps I omitted to mention this to you in the past, but the fairer sex, a careful selection of which was introduced to the car, got a big kick out of this feature. It is not too late - indeed, it could never be too late - to thank you, in broken tones, for this wonderful ice-breaker.

I'm glad that that 'troll' about the little car being a 'Hindustan' got you vocal and descriptive about it!

Wish you many happy hours of fun at Team BHP. I could, of course, reverse the wishes too, with perfect justification: here's wishing Team BHP many wonderful hours with you!
bonobashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 00:33   #371
BHPian

bishon bhalo report and a great meet looks like it,

I think the Bombay guys need to take a leaf out of Calcutta's chapter of Team bhp camaraderie to have a meet where the better halves are present & the report comes up on the meets section.

Psst Gogi bhai, Viper seth, Addy & the unenlightened souls (read batchelors) please have a meet soon!
Great work Calcutta T bhp.
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 01:00   #372
BHPian

nice videos Planet but where's rest of the videos that you took.
sabret00the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 15:44   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
thanks a lakhtonne razor

i was about to provide the links - but thanks again these were nothing compared to when the 'BAAR' was on very high revs.

Whats the full form of 'BAAR'? Are you referring to the bengali word for getting over confident?
vrooooooom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2008, 17:12   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrooooooom View Post
Whats the full form of 'BAAR'? Are you referring to the bengali word for getting over confident?
you rock dude you guessed it right.

That day i said to ETC, "I think i can smell what BAAR is cooking"
Old 15th December 2008, 19:47   #375

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatechamp View Post
Welcome Tuhin da
to Team-BHP ! Hope you do many more restorations and have a pleasant stay here with all of us.
Thanks a lot U_Champ. regretably my restoration days are over! my right palm is damaged - no strength to use wrenches etc. except for the screwdriver to tune the carb of my aging 800!
Now I am struggling to get to know the innards of the Travera and got the Forum for that - so lets see what I get there!!
Latest drive - up and down was to Bokaro in the Company's Accord. But way back the highway from Panagarh to Dankuni (NH2) was an absolute scream - those trucks hog the right lane and inevitably verge to the left lane when I am sort alongside!! Just wondering if its worthwhile if the Toll management guys give a handout on the 'dos' and 'dont's' of Highway driving. Can TeamBHP come up with anything? Just a thought.
HudsonTKR is offline   Reply With Quote