Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Bajji poll
Molaga Bajji on 29, Sat 4 11.11%
Mutta Bajji on 30, Sun 9 25.00%
Any bajji is fine 23 63.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28th November 2008, 14:50   #211
BHPian

How about a boat meet? ma innova carpet is already wet..dont wanna ruin things further..hope none of the fellow bhp-ians havin a problem with the rains in chennai and the turmoil in bombay?
manjith_pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 15:25   #212
BHPian

Neoranjit sounds very positive. So let us hope for the best and look forward to Sunday's meet.

Manjith, the thumbnail image of your Innova's dashboard looks cool. Have you updated your details in the list of participants for the Sunday meet ?

Warm regards,
Venkat
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 15:40   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKIYA_2K12 View Post
1. Headers / Esteem_lover
2. Neoranjit / Ex670C
3. Nitrous /
4. ram.west/
5. pypkmsrikanth /
6. lancer&shogun/
7. Sathee46
8. bottle (Ravin)/ Rahulkool (Rahul)
9. VSG12777 (Venkat)
10. need_for_speed(Nikhil) / Zen
11.Bakiya_2k12 / fiesta
12.aabidansari
Lets hope the rain gods don't play spoilsport.

Hey how about someone being the co-ordinator? That way all could be in touch with that person and not get lost.
I also suggest that the co-ordinator should provide a contact no for everyone to be in touch. Wot say?

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th November 2008 at 23:02. Reason: Posts merged.
aabidansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 16:08   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
that makes it all teh more reason to get out , doesnt it ?
YEah, the SX4 has a huge GC and we can check out the performance of the suzuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjith_pm View Post
How about a boat meet?
Thats why we are heading to Mudaliarkuppam. They have boats for you guys tp have fun.

The rains have cleared and the sun is out. But guys, if you are not sure, please say so, so that the organisers can plan accordingly!

Kindly update the list with your rides!

Thanx
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 16:28   #215
BHPian

POSTING AGAIN!

1. T-BHP Handle : lancer&shogun
2. Residence location : T.nagar
3. Own ride/Looking for a ride : Own (lancer)
4. If own, willing to take co-passenger ? : Wouldn't mind
5. If looking, Where from ? : NA
6. Anything else you want to ask :

* Are we going to drink during the meeting or after the meet?
* When we will be back in town? (time)

cheers
lancer&shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 17:27   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
* Are we going to drink during the meeting or after the meet?
* When we will be back in town? (time)

cheers
I'd prefer to drink after the meet, unless its just BEER! A couple of BEERS if you are NOT driving is OK.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 17:42   #217
BHPian

Default Important Guys

The rain hasn't fully stopped guys. Heavy rain in Chennai has been forecast for today and tomorrow. We still have to keep our fingers crossed.

Another Chennai BHPian flipsyde (Abhishek) spoke to me a few mins back and he was on his way to B'lore. He'd be back tomorrow night and is looking forward to the 4M meet as well. He told me that M'kuppam is about 40 kms past Mahabs. If this is so, this would make it more than 70-80 kms from my place at Saidapet. After driving all this distance, if it rains and spoils the show, it would be a real waste.

I suggest once again, that we continue with the plan for the meet, but consider cancelling M'kuppam as the venue. We can have some indoor stuff so that we all can just meet, eat, drink (soft drinks only for me - I don't take hard drinks), check out our cars/bikes, and leave. Let us not be too ambitious and plan water sports at a time when there are rains, floods and cyclones.

A nice outdoor meet can be organised once again after Jan or Feb '09.

I hope I am not being too pessimistic. I want the meet to happen, but at the same time, wanna be safe and not travel so far with the risk of the entire meet getting spoilt due to rain.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 28th November 2008, 17:44   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
I'd prefer to drink after the meet, unless its just BEER! A couple of BEERS if you are NOT driving is OK.
If we gonna drink after the meet, where? when?
Old 28th November 2008, 17:48   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
The rain hasn't fully stopped guys. Heavy rain in Chennai has been forecast for today and tomorrow. We still have to keep our fingers crossed.

If this is so, this would make it more than 70-80 kms from my place at Saidapet. After driving all this distance, if it rains and spoils the show, it would be a real waste.

I suggest once again, that we continue with the plan for the meet, but consider cancelling M'kuppam as the venue. We can have some indoor stuff so that we all can just meet, eat, drink (soft drinks only for me - I don't take hard drinks), check out our cars/bikes, and leave. Let us not be too ambitious and plan water sports at a time when there are rains, floods and cyclones.

I want the meet to happen, but at the same time, wanna be safe and not travel so far with the risk of the entire meet getting spoilt due to rain.
How about converting MMMM into DMMB (Drink meet with Molaga Bajji)
Old 28th November 2008, 17:54   #220
BHPian

@ vsg... Agreed. We could drive to Mahabs . Am sure if its raining, all boating activities would also be suspended.
Am sure our guys wouldnt want to hold on to someone's wet shirt while sitting on the speed boat. But then, its another 24 hrs + to go. So, lets wait and watch.

Lets also see what the others have to say.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 18:13   #221
BHPian

Watch Sun news to know the present state of mogappair. The whole Thirumangalam-Ambattur Estate road is under water , so getting out of my home depends vastly on how quick the water on this road drains.

Nitrous, Did you check out the stretch from Mogappair road to your house. I never thought this area would be flooded to this extent :(
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 18:28   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
How about converting MMMM into DMMB (Drink meet with Molaga Bajji)
Hey Sukumar, I'm definitely game for this !! As long as you guys can have some Ice Lemon Tea / Pepsi / Coke / 7-Up too along with your beer and other drinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
@ vsg... Agreed. We could drive to Mahabs . Am sure if its raining, all boating activities would also be suspended.
Am sure our guys wouldnt want to hold on to someone's wet shirt while sitting on the speed boat. But then, its another 24 hrs + to go. So, lets wait and watch.

Lets also see what the others have to say.
Neoranjit - yeah we can wait and watch. Not a problem. Probably by tomorrow evening we should be able to take a call. From about 9pm tomorrow I can be online and most of us can try to log on to the forum so that we can all decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Watch Sun news to know the present state of mogappair. The whole Thirumangalam-Ambattur Estate road is under water , so getting out of my home depends vastly on how quick the water on this road drains.

Nitrous, Did you check out the stretch from Mogappair road to your house. I never thought this area would be flooded to this extent :(
Oh man - there you go. I know about this only from your post, Mission Safari. Check out your respective areas and take care guys. There's now a more serious reason for us to really watch the weather till tomorrow along with updates from our Chennai BHPians regarding flooding in their respective areas, before deciding on the meet for Sunday.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 28th November 2008, 19:53   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG2777
Relax,buddy. We will cross the bridge if and when it comes.
It has been aeons since we had a good meet and all of us here are really excited to meet and put a face to the handles.
Worst case, we'll go for a drive till M'kuppam, take a look, drive to Moonrakers for lunch and drive back after lunch. Doesn't it sound good?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu
Yeah, checked it out. Drove to Anna nagar via padi for lunch and returned via thirumangalam-ambattur road. Collector nagar - Ambattur IE is flooded.
No biggie for my ageing sumo
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 20:06   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Worst case, we'll go for a drive till M'kuppam, take a look, drive to Moonrakers for lunch and drive back after lunch. Doesn't it sound good?
Yes even if Mkuppam rides are closed, we could drive to Mahabs, hang out there for sometime, eat and then drive back.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2008, 22:15   #225
BHPian

Done. That sounds fine. Now where exactly is Moonrakers located ? I've never seen this restaurant.