Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Bajji poll
Molaga Bajji on 29, Sat 4 11.11%
Mutta Bajji on 30, Sun 9 25.00%
Any bajji is fine 23 63.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 30th November 2008, 20:07   #271
BHPian

Sorry madan , missed out your name in the photo.

Here are the final set of pics from me.

See the sea through the jeep's windscreen.
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3517.jpg

At ECR dhaba
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3520.jpg
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3519.jpg
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3523.jpg
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3525.jpg
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3532.jpg

Sleeping Persian cats at the dhaba.
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3527.jpg
Name:  DSCN3528.JPG
Views: 698
Size:  51.4 KB
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3529.jpg

Pic at the moonrakers who wrecked our lunch plans and lost a potential business of few thousands.
The Madras 'Molaga Bajji at the Mudaliar Kuppam' Meet on 29/11-dscn3514.jpg

Last edited by Mission_Safari : 30th November 2008 at 20:13.
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 20:10   #272
BHPian

Hey everyone just got back home.
Nice to meet all of you and to put the names to the faces.Everything went as per the plan except for MOONRAKERS where all of us were planning to have lunch.
We had booked tables for 25 and when we went there those people started creating a fuss saying that we are occupying too much space and that they would lose out on other customers

And the best part is that the place was half empty.A big NO NO to MOONRAKERS!
aditya.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 20:16   #273
BHPian

Hey Mission Safari

My handle is VSG12777 (my birth date 12 July '77). You've mentioned it as Vsg2177. That's ok.

Let me know if you want the full size original image from my camera, so that you can use a slightly bigger font and save the image. The picture quality then wouldn't be lost when we zoom to see the names/handles.

The original image is 1.4MB taken at 1600x1200. I resized it to 1024x768 and the file size came down to 540KB or so. Let me know if you need the original file.

Warm regards,
Venkat
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 21:08   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post

And the best part is that the place was half empty.A big NO NO to MOONRAKERS!
Yeah I'd agree. That place sucks big time IMO.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2008, 21:31   #275
BHPian

Let's boycott Moonrakers from now on !!
Old 30th November 2008, 22:39   #276
BHPian

That's really a bad part from the restaurant's side to do that after even confirming a booking. At least you guys had a nice ride and a good meet.
redrage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 00:04   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post

5.00pm - head out to the Molga bajji place, hang out with the bajjis
guys we all forgot the main course Molga bajji
BAKIYA_2K12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 00:07   #278
BHPian

Default Missed out on the Bajjis !!

Guys

Just realised that we missed out on the main point of the meet - BAJJIs !!!

But even without the bajjis, the meet was a good one, except for the wastage of time at Moonrakers where our lunch plans were screwed. Overall a great day. Next time, let's get some of our bikes for a change - it would be nice for people like me, who don't own a car yet (both the Cielo & Santro are my dad's ) !!

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 1st December 2008, 08:47   #279
BHPian

Thumbs up

Hey Guys,
Though i was with you guys only for a small drive till mahabs, had a nice time, thanks a lot guys, hope to meet for the next meet soon.
need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 09:35   #280
BHPian

Looks like you had all the fun. Sorry for me I could not make it. By the time I got out of the Marriageit was 11.45 and drove straight to Mudiliarkuppam. Reached around 1.20. but could not find any of you there. So drove further ahead to pondy had lunch and reached chennai arround 8.00. SMSed john after reaching Pondy. Hope to catch you all for the next meet.
vijay shekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 11:26   #281
Senior - BHPian

Default MMMM & Moonrakers

Hi Guys,

It was wonderful to meet so many auto-enthusiasts.

Next time we will have a bit of 4x4 too.

Guys please avoid going to MOONRAKERS Restaurant, 34 , Othavadi Street Mamallapuram, Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu.
I think after being featured on Discovery Channel -Lonely Planet, things have got to their head.

They prefer to serve the foreign customers and every time we have been there the make an issue.

i) Either they won't serve beer to Indians.

ii) Claim we will ruin business, seeing so many bachelors the people may not come in for a meal.

iii) The food is not all that great, there are some good joints along the beach.

Regards,

Arka

Last edited by ex670c : 1st December 2008 at 11:31. Reason: addl. info
ex670c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 12:38   #282
BHPian

Post Avoid Moonrakers!!

Hi,

True, the fellow was a bit too much. We were more than twenty people there and the fellow is ready to lose business with us stating we were occupying two much space. There were hardly around eight tables there and we occupied like 6 for twenty of us, And the place was empty in the other floors. What a cheap attitude fellow. As arka said , should have thrashed him in his store for his attitude. I'm with you arka in this regards.cheers:

Cheers
Ramesh
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 13:14   #283
BHPian

Smile Boycott Moonrakers !!

Arka / Ram

I am also with you guys. That was some attitude that bugger showed when 22 of us were there for lunch, after booking tables. Claiming that he'd lose business due to the way we occupied the tables, he lost business worth a few thousands of rupees from our group.

Anyway I felt the environment at the ECR Dhaba was better (though the drinkers would have been a bit disappointed) even if all of us could not sit together.

Overall a great outing, nice drive and for me - I got to ride in 3 different vehicles !! Need_for_Speed's super Zen (140 kmph+ captured on my video camera on ECR), PypkmSrikanth's Wagon R (also a constant 100kmph+ captured on video) and lastly Ram.West's nice Safari Dicor 2.2.

Ram, the comfort and dual zone A/C etc in your Safari were really good. Haven't had a ride in a Safari for more than 5-6 years now. The vehicle's quality has definitely improved a lot.

Next time, we should get to check out one another's cars, the ICE, etc and have discussions on problems people are experiencing with their vehicles and possible solutions. That would be really good - solving some technical issues and gaining knowledge simultaneously.

Chennai BHPians - those of us with bikes can also plan a bike meet sometime.

Warm regards,
Venkat
Old 1st December 2008, 13:49   #284
Senior - BHPian

@VSG12777, What happened to your Ceilo. It should do 150 effortlessly.

BTW, you missed the ride in my 540 that did a genuine 90Kph.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 14:25   #285
BHPian

Smile About the Cielo

Hey Vikram

The ride was ok in the Cielo. I was doing only around 70 kmph in 5th gear to be on the safe side, ever since those noises started coming from the engine. I took the ECR - Sholinganallur - OMR - Tidel Park - Sardar Patel Rd route back to my place at Saidapet.

Apparently something related to the A/C has conked off since the A/C completely stopped working after those noises stopped. The last I heard was some metallic thing vibrating, getting disconnected from some other joined part and rolling off !! After this, the A/C completely stopped working - it would switch on and give a click when I press the A/C button but the air was still warm.

That humming / whining noise from the rear is still there (I am told this may be due to the rear left wheel bearings being worn out), along with a small ticking noise too from the rear. I don't know what this noise points to.

The ride is totally bumpy. The car jolts the passengers even on a small pothole or speed breaker. Have already talked to the MyTVS guys (who generally do complete servicing for the car) and they should probably be picking up the car sometime this week for a full checkup.

Sheesh - I just filled up the tank for 2.7k last Thursday with premium fuel (46 ltrs) and now it's going to the workshop for a full checkup - buggers ... I just hope they don't steal the fuel and roam around using up so much fuel.

The car is great otherwise. No major problems till now. If you have any suggestions on the best place to have the car checked out fully and problems sorted out, please do let me know. My dad has taken some Gold Membership from MyTVS for breakdown service etc. Recently the tyres have been upgraded to imported Good Year Eagle Ventura tubeless 195/60/13 on stock rims. Need to get better wheel caps.

Warm regards,
Venkat