Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: Bajji poll
Molaga Bajji on 29, Sat 4 11.11%
Mutta Bajji on 30, Sun 9 25.00%
Any bajji is fine 23 63.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st December 2008, 16:41   #286
BHPian

Aww man, I missed all the fun.
Well better luck to me next time.
You guys seem to have had a lot of fun, the pics speak for themselves.

So when is the next meet.
aabidansari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 20:46   #287
Senior - BHPian

@VSG12777: we'll check your ceilo later this week. ciao.

Last edited by headers : 1st December 2008 at 20:48.
headers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 21:28   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow guys, looks like you had fun.

I could not make out most of the faces there in the group snap. Lots of new guys in C-Tbhp.

Anyway, lets have another meet in December 2008 before we say Al-vida to this year. How about the weekend of 20-21 December 2008 ie. before everyone scoots for the long X'mas-NewYear hols ?
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 21:40   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post

I could not make out most of the faces there in the group snap. Lots of new guys in C-Tbhp.
Biju, you missed the drag bit which nobody posted about. Any guesses as to who won http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/images...es/biggrin.gif
Old 1st December 2008, 22:10   #290
Distinguished - BHPian

Vikram, since the Suzi guys were not around for the meet, I am sure your Hyundai junk would have won. Anyway, your competition was Arka's Jeep (max speed 80kmph) and some Santros and i-10s (max speed 140kmph). Wait for 20-21 Dec and we will see who is Boss.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 23:43   #291
Senior - BHPian

damn bottle, saiyan looks so thinnn!
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 23:55   #292
Senior - BHPian

^haha yeah :P

anyways really nice meet, only irritating thing was the third grade treatment at moonrakers inspite most of us being regulars there .
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 07:12   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Vikram, since the Suzi guys were not around for the meet, I am sure your Hyundai junk would have won.
You were the only Suzuki guy not around Biju. And I guess some never learn
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:50   #294
Senior - BHPian

Nice meeting so many newbies/first timers. Sorry that I could not be there for the entire meet & for not finishing it off with the bajjis. We will surely have a more complete meet planned for next time.
cheers

Quote:
Wait for 20-21 Dec and we will see who is Boss.
Aren't you risking your mouth, biju ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
damn bottle, saiyan looks so thinnn!
Yeah, that was because he was starving.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:33   #295
BHPian

Lightbulb

Guys the next meet should have something like a track or some driving challenges or skills. Just something like that. May be then people need not argue on who is the BOSS!!!
need_for_speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:29   #296
BHPian

Nikhil, the fight over who the boss is ...is just for fun. Just to keep Vikram happy for a while. Else , we all know who the real boss is.

But good point, may be we should have a track day sometime. Then its more fun. But with new rules, not sure if we can get to drive in our cars on the track.
neoranjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:47   #297
BHPian

Smile

Track day - wow. That should be really exciting. If this is held at a proper race track like the Sriperumbudur one, and we're not allowed to drive our own cars, it would be a disappointment.

We can maybe build teams of 2 each and compete or whatever, instead of each person driving solo. This would be more fun, as I've seen in races / programs on TV and in some movies. Having a partner while racing is really fun.

Personally, I've seen the S'budur race track only in the movies. Never been there in person. So would love to go there and be part of a rip in a fast car !! Gotta take care and be safe though.

Warm regards,
Venkat

P.S. - I still didn't get this discussion about "who's the boss" - what is this about guys ??
P.S. 2 - As regards the video taken in my camcorder of NFS Nikhil doing 140kmph+ in his Zen on ECR that day, I'm yet to convert the video. The whole 10 min video in full DV format is taking up 1.7GB !! Plus it's in widescreen format. When I convert it, the video gets stretched. Apparently these small softwares don't handle the widescreen videos properly. Will finish it and upload it on YouTube and post the link here

Last edited by VSG12777 : 2nd December 2008 at 12:50.
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:00   #298
BHPian

Guys is there any separate thread to watch out for the meets( track days / OTR ) happening in Chennai? So that we can all be glued to it to see in it on whats happening in the city. If not can we create one thread so that it'll be easier for everyone to know if somethings happening. What say guys???

Cheers

Ramesh
ram.west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:12   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by need_for_speed View Post
Guys the next meet should have something like a track or some driving challenges or skills. Just something like that. May be then people need not argue on who is the BOSS!!!
Nikhil, We have track days, but they are NON COMPETETIVE as we cannot afford a full medical backup team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoranjit View Post
Nikhil, the fight over who the boss is ...is just for fun. Just to keep Vikram happy for a while. Else , we all know who the real boss is.
Ranjit, Well, it is a tough factor accepting the real BOSS. Guess we've had enough sessions / discussions on that topic / issue. Maybe its high time you point nikhil to "that" thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Track day - wow. That should be really exciting. If this is held at a proper race track like the Sriperumbudur one, and we're not allowed to drive our own cars, it would be a disappointment.
We've had track days before where you could get your own car to drive on track - No competetive racing, just a "pay and practise" session. It can be arranged if the numbers justify the expenses.

We've had previous P&P sessions wherein only Nitrous and I were actually using the track for more than 2 hours.

Quote:
P.S. - I still didn't get this discussion about "who's the boss" - what is this about guys ??
Well, thats the suspense. You are a newbie right, so you will learn as you grow in TBHP!
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.west View Post
If not can we create one thread so that it'll be easier for everyone to know if somethings happening. What say guys???
There is already a thread, so no need to create another for track days!
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:29   #300
BHPian

Pay and Practise - well how much would it be per person for this ? If it's not too much, I'd like to try it out once actually. Good chance to test the top speed of our cars
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote