Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st December 2008, 00:47   #256
BHPian

Hi Guys, guess Myself and Srikant are the last Bhpians to reach home after the meet.We just got bak home a few mins before.THe meet was really fantastic and the DRIVE was really cool.Special thanks to JayD and Nikkibike who gave me "company".cheers:
Looking forward to the next meet now...
Veelubai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 00:55   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
Hi Guys, guess Myself and Srikant are the last Bhpians to reach home after the meet.We just got bak home a few mins before.THe meet was really fantastic and the DRIVE was really cool.Special thanks to JayD and Nikkibike who gave me "company".
Looking forward to the next meet now...
NO VEELU, I TAKE THE CREDIT FOR THAT, I AM THE LAST GUY TO REACH HOME. JUST LANDED

Guys, the drive was awesome and rocking. Special thanks to Steer, Prabu, Nikki, MASERQ , JAYD, Veelu, Feeru and all others there, for making my first meet something really great to remember. We had a POST MEET SESSION at MASERQ and left to home to complete the meet.cheers:

Looking forward for the next rocking one.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 01:15   #258
Senior - BHPian

I think its us TVM folks. we had an unplanned stop at kayamkulam
greenhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 05:05   #259
Senior - BHPian

Instead of fighting about who reached home last, can someone give us a write-up?
kuttapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 07:36   #260
Distinguished - BHPian

We reached Tvm by 12am! Had an issue with Baleno headlight.
Attached Images

jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 07:38   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Instead of fighting about who reached home last, can someone give us a write-up?
22 people in total. Atleast 20 cams

Wait till people wake up. Gonna be pix and pix this time. The view was great. All I could manage with one hand
Old 1st December 2008, 08:17   #262
Senior - BHPian

Wow, those views look stellar! MOAR PIKCHURZ PLZ!
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 08:27   #263
Senior - BHPian

Those are great pics! With 22 guys and 20 cams, I hope there will be a whole lot more pics to see here!

So aren't there any stories to tell?
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 09:19   #264
Distinguished - BHPian

and 35 lit of kallu

No stories other than everyone pulling my leg whenever possible. It was a photographer's meet. Canons, Nikkons, Fuji, Nokias, 10-20,70-300 phew!

Our boat had a steering, gears, one headlamp and a pair of roots. It was overtaken now and then from the wrong side couple of times. JayD tried to find the age of the boat so that he can buy it as an antique.

And I ate 3 karimeen fry. Guess I am the topper in that.

Thanks to all who participated and those who tried to come but was stuck coz of various issues.

We were expecting Zak to fly in from Turkey by hiring a Heli.

Last edited by jkdas : 1st December 2008 at 09:21.
Old 1st December 2008, 09:38   #265
BHPian

I don't really like the idea of cruising on a lake in a houseboat. You don't have any excitement in terms of speed, nor does it give you a feeling of being on water since it's all calm and quiet. It is pretty much like being on land if you close your eyes. There is no tossing around to give you the sensation of being on water, unless you hit the waves made by a passing boat which were far and few, in between. You don't even get the feeling of being surrounded by water on all sides because you can't see it all at once(unless you're on the terrace). You look through the window and you see water flowing on that side. You sit on a chair and gaze.

Honestly, Sitting on the river bank will more or less give the same feeling. You even get more space than on the boat. Any river side restaurant will give more choice for the food you eat and charge lesser. So it is all well being on the land than being confined to the innards of a lazy water vessel. So why am I on board the 'Puthussery' house boat after waking up at five on a Sunday morning, rather than being at an unavoidable relative's marriage function near Thrissur?

That is the whole point of a team-bhp meet. You find yourself amidst all busy work, prior appointments and stuff like that but when a fellow bhpian calls you to tell there is a meet taking place, you make a new plan and comfortably work a new route around to make yourself to the meet. In my case, I had a tough time convincing everyone but finally made it to Nikkibike's place in Palarivattom. Left my car there, and soon Rateesh was there in the white Innova and together, we set off to Kashi Art Kafe in Fort Kochi.

Ashvin was already there (smoking like a chimney), along with Sreejith, Aha and Rippergeo. Soon Dr Pullockaran, Veelubhai etc joined and we had a good breakfast. Left the camera in the Innova, hence there aren't any pics.

The breakfast went longer and longer and we were getting calls from the boat man who was getting concerned if we would reach on time. Finally we had our tankful and got in the cars.

The list of cars was interesting. A BMW series, two Peted Elantras, an Endeavour, a Safari, the Innova and an Esteem. All were diesels and we 'torqued' our way to Alapuzha. The 530d and the Peted Elantras were immensely fast and almost uncatchable. The Endeavour was also going very fast too. Steeroid and Nikkibike fought the lack of horsepower in their heavy weights(Safari & Innova) with their well honed driving skills. Strangely, all the cars reached the finishing point at the same time.

Time for the pictures to talk.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00797.jpg
Chasing the Beemer
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00799.jpg
I was the first to set my foot on the deck.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00800.jpg
Bedroom No 1.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00801.jpg
The second bedroom
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00802.jpg
The kitchen. The yellow 'kappa'(not the i10 stuff) can also been seen
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00803.jpg
The narrow passage and the washbasin
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00805.jpg
Bhpians coming in
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00807.jpg
A welcome drink
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00810.jpg
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00809.jpg
At sharp 12:00, we sailed off. Ok..ok, that was someone else's boat. How can I click ours when I'm on it?
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00811.jpg
First things first. Settling the bill. Note the strange expression on Rippergeo's face.

Steeroid had thoughtfully brought a 50litre can of essential environmental friendly 'bio-diesel' stuff sourced from coconut trees and soon the party began.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00815.jpg
We left him alone so that we won't end up like this
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00813.jpg

Jokes cracked and big guffaws followed. Seen here is Jkdas entertaining his fellow bhpians.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00833.jpg

I pointed the camera out and clicked a few pictures.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00829.jpg

A man struggling to move his boat forward.

If that didn't get your attention, i'm sure the next one will. A beautiful couple on another small boat..

Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00835.jpg

He he. What were you expecting?

Soon the sky gathered rain clouds.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00839.jpg
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00842.jpg
Without long it started raining.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00843.jpg
What the rain left us with was this spectacular rainbow.
Long Time No D R I V E!  Calling Cochin/CBE/TVM - 30th Nov-dsc00846.jpg

Last edited by vivekji05 : 1st December 2008 at 09:57.
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 09:58   #266
BHPian

VivekJi, nice write up as well as good pictures. I really liked the way you started out this report. Gives a very good idea why one is addicted to team-bhp.com & to the tbhp meets.

I had to miss this one even though I am back in India. Hope you all had loads of fun. We need more pictures please. I see a lot of people with cameras. Hoping all of post your pictures.
wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 10:03   #267
Senior - BHPian

We set out from tvm at about 7:30.
Name:  IMG_2393.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  78.1 KB

minimal breakfast. appam and kadala. I was amazed how the rates seemed lower than the other branch of this restaurant in our office
we reached alapuzha at about 11:30, and the shooting began

Name:  IMG_2396.jpg
Views: 308
Size:  112.3 KB

this was a taste of things to come, I mean , with 22 cameras and 20 people, what would you expect ? The owner of our ride however, managed to escape being photographed.
Name:  IMG_2400.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  114.0 KB

Managed to take a shot of him when he was not looking(with his newly acquired ride in the background) . I've always wondered why there were many baleno fans on team bhp, wondered why mclaren1885 would keep on dumping money into is car far beyond what any rational man would do. Suffice to say, now I know why!As we were goofing off, suddenly we noticed a convoy of cars cars pulling up.
Name:  IMG_2405.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  129.4 KB
In normal circumstances, given the type of cars that had pulled up ( and the people who got out , We would have ran for our lives heck, even the locals who were wondering whether to call an ambulance). Got introduced to most of the convoy, and we set off to the boat jetty. There we found this

Name:  IMG_2408.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  115.5 KB
It was almost like a mini OTR ( heck, in the evening one of the cars did get stuck there!)

Name:  IMG_2410.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  108.5 KB

trrk was there to meet us ( he was afraid, If he met us after the meet, most of us might not remember it

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st December 2008 at 10:04.
Old 1st December 2008, 10:19   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice one vivek550bhpskoda; the story ended fast! Too much tbhp?

And you horn on bench
Old 1st December 2008, 10:26   #269
Senior - BHPian

EDIT: @ jkdas - nothing else to do today

The boats were all lined up
Name:  IMG_2414.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  84.6 KB
We got into ours without any incident like good schoolchildren
Name:  IMG_2416.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  73.8 KB
Rippergeo started out as our substitute teacher, until nikkibike came forward to take the attendance. There were some absentees, and some bhpians were caught for proxy attendance.
Name:  IMG_2418.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  84.0 KB
Some of them were also caught trying to bribe nikkibike saar for attendance.
SPYCAM SHOT -
Name:  IMG_2420.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  30.9 KB
But he wouldnt have any of it
until......

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st December 2008 at 10:30.
Old 1st December 2008, 10:38   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nice one vivek550bhpskoda; the story ended fast! Too much tbhp?

And you horn on bench

Thanks. Please don't take the already problematic 500bhp to 550bhp.

I was about to go further with the story but then there was some problem with the connection. Besides, it would be nicer if someone continues the story and adds more pictures. I will add my comments in between.
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote