Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st December 2008, 19:55   #286
BHPian

Thats really great guys, great pics and reviews coming. I am waiting to get my hands for my share of pics as i left the cam in veelu's car yest and still waiting to get my hands on em. Will post em as soon as i get those pics.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 20:13   #287
Awaiting Email Confirmation

@srikant- where you the one whipping the poor TUD5 esteem on the drive back at night? How the hell did you manage to take it to 130? If there are any special tricks, please pass on the info to all the other Esteem D drivers in this area. MaserQ's car was flying!

Torque rules! Horsepower be damned.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 22:04   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

I thought the Molaga Bajji @ MudaliarKuppam Meet was fun, but man, this is just amazing. Awesome pictures.

God's Own Country is simbly out of the world. OK, now don't get my goat for the 'simbly' thing.

John/Nitrous/Headers/Arka, we need to do this thing on a weekend. Ofcourse, no simble kallu for us - let's enjoy with our usual Signature courtesy Mr.Vijay Mallya - the king of good times.

Superb meet guys. Just out of the world.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 22:23   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
Nikkibike u got some amazing pics .
really loved them. Especially from 5th to 8th pics . Seems like you really got the hang of that camera.
he he heeee..... thanks dude! and am indebted to YOU for that!

heyyy.. you were clocking some exotic speeds with the beemer... it was really exciting to see the car zig-zaging easily thru out the width of the road at those speeds... great car man!
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 22:30   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
@srikant- where you the one whipping the poor TUD5 esteem on the drive back at night? How the hell did you manage to take it to 130? If there are any special tricks, please pass on the info to all the other Esteem D drivers in this area. MaserQ's car was flying!

Yes i was on the wheels of the TUD ESTEEM of MASERQ, but did that do 130?? All thanks to MASERQ, he was refueling himself with kallu next to me and i got the kick, thats the trick ripper. I was just trying to keep up with you guys ripping all your mean machines.

But will tell you, i felt more planted in the esteem at those speeds than my SWIFT WITH STOCK TYRES. And i did not feel that fear of speeding with that. Great buy MASERQ.

Hey MASERQ hope you dont mind me ripping that new buy of yours. How come you are silent MASERQ? i want some real good posts here from you. Hope i dont get to hear **#**##** from you for ripping your ESTEEM.

Hey ripper i must admit, you were real crazy in the morning drive with the ENDEAVOR, it was like OFF ROADING on the roads scaring the small cars on the way. Phew. But it was a good one. And we had a great drive. LOVED EVERY BIT OF IT.

Thanks a lot to Steer for giving that great ride on his Monster SAFARI, as i have never seen as SAFARI going like that in my life (though he said ECU has been reset and cant rip her). The way he scared away the KSRTC bus drivers, I AM IMPRESSED. Thanks Steer. I LOVED IT.

@ Prabu: I never saw an ELANTRA going like that too. I accept VEELUBAI driving his elantra, But yours was chilling. Superb dude.

If i think of the drive, i keep talking of the best of drivers over the board. Loved it the most. I cant stop my BLAH BLAH over here . . Will try to put in a review from my side once i get my hands on my pics.

VEELUUUUUUUUU, where are you??? get me those pics soon. I am waiting.

and it was fun to see the Innova (nikki) and Endeavor (ripper) ripping as though it was a heavy vehicle drag. And that one dangerous cut of nikki between a bus and ripper all of a sudden and escaped through a narrow gap on the way back, GOD IT WAS MINDBLOWING. CHEERS NIKKI.

I bet you cant see crazier driving styles than in team BHP meets. With experienced drivers and doing things safely with sheer control of the cars.

Hey sujit, it was a great car dude and the way it took up the straight roads was awesome. But somehow i think you were on a safemode driving to wait for clear gaps to overtake enroute. With all those horses under the hood with loads of safety packed in, you are one lucky guy to be on it.

Last edited by srikant : 1st December 2008 at 22:47.
Old 1st December 2008, 23:45   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post

Hey sujit, it was a great car dude and the way it took up the straight roads was awesome. But somehow i think you were on a safemode driving to wait for clear gaps to overtake enroute. With all those horses under the hood with loads of safety packed in, you are one lucky guy to be on it.
I was just getting used to the car especially because this is the first time i am driving at very high speed , changing lanes at even higger speed and olso getting the hang of braking . Even worse first time on HIGHWAYS or else its home and work and small drives in the city .

Also its a big jump for me from Honda Accord and dint wanna do any stunts like others until i get a clear feel of the car thats why i was waiting for a clear stretch to rip the machine.

Defineatly for the the next meet i will give everyone a fight

Last edited by sujithnk : 1st December 2008 at 23:47.
sujithnk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 23:52   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujithnk View Post
I was just getting used to the car especially because this is the first time i am driving at very high speed , changing lanes at even higger speed and olso getting the hang of braking . Even worse first time on HIGHWAYS or else its home and work and small drives in the city .

Also its a big jump for me from Honda Accord and dint wanna do any stunts like others until i get a clear feel of the car thats why i was waiting for a clear stretch to rip the machine.

Defineatly for the the next meet i will give everyone a fight
Hey no fight dude, i know what the BMW is worth doing on the road, which i cant achieve ever even after my car to limits. Its all part of the drive. What else are we here on TBHP for??
Old 2nd December 2008, 00:38   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
we almost had a drag with another boat,

but lost because the driver was driving in FE mode , and the presence some very 'significant' bhpians on board
I have to admit I was taken aback by the number of 'drags' we had on the "watermac" - goes to prove that mad mallu drivers dont stop at lands end.

@ srikant - I will soon be releasing a thesis on how to 'take care of' (or 'odukkal' in malayalam) KSRTC and Private bus drivers in Kerala. Will send you a free copy. As a matter of fact, every road-user in Kerala should have a free copy.

@ supremebaleno - thanks for the kind words, but we are like that only. We generally have fun during our meets, and if we dont, the cops step in to ensure that we do. One way or another, the fun generally happens.

The only trouble is that we keep losing members every now and then to Bangalore. Our beloved mascot Xinome was sacrificed to that town a couple of months back and soon my dear batch (and industry) mate mansidea will be given a tearful adieu when he moved to Bangalore.

We're contemplating sending a complimentary invite to the Bangalore crowd for all of our meets. And, of course, to Dubai. These are where most mallus end up ultimately, though one significant member was reportedly chasing exotic dancers in Turkey when last heard.

Last edited by Steeroid : 2nd December 2008 at 00:52.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 03:24   #294
BANNED

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
though one significant member was reportedly chasing exotic dancers in Turkey when last heard.
For a change, it's some really bad deserted plains of Africa now! And god save the world from the exotic dancers here!

Mansidea moving to Bangy?
Guys! Give out some inside stories. Especially with people like Prabhuav, spaced out M O T T A, Steer, Nikki and JK around, I'm absolutely sure there should be lots of them. And even after all the necessary censoring, it will be great to read here. Please!
In exchange, I'll put some exotic dancers' in for the next meet. What say? LOL!!
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 08:53   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
and it was fun to see the Innova (nikki) and Endeavor (ripper) ripping as though it was a heavy vehicle drag. And that one dangerous cut of nikki between a bus and ripper all of a sudden and escaped through a narrow gap on the way back, GOD IT WAS MINDBLOWING. CHEERS NIKKI.
ugh!!! but then i never felt any alarming situation thru out the drive!!

anyways, now I know why my navigator 'retheshkr' and 'rippergeo' are down with flu!!!
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 09:25   #296
BHPian

Guys going tru the thread with updates accompanied with Pics and Stories... One thing's assured 'You Guys Had Fun'
@Zak - it's wrenching to be in your situation to see them guys laud over their time On Road and On Board. I had the privilege to meet them (though only at the end) and I was inducted with some action too
Well Hope that I make it for the next one.
@ all bhpians who were on the Boat. Nice meeting you all!
johnda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:39   #297

@srikant- our drives are normally quite disciplined, its only when we have to use the 4 lane highway as part of the route do we all cut loose and fly.

@nikki- Its good you werent alarmed- I was terrified that you were going to get rear ended by that bus.

@ everyone else- where's the rest of the report? The unexpected offroading bit.
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:43   #298
Senior - BHPian

Okay Bazooka Boys where are the rest of the pics? I'm travelling, and my net connection is Airtelgprs.com.

Whats your excuse?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:46   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Okay Bazooka Boys where are the rest of the pics? I'm travelling, and my net connection is Airtelgprs.com.

Whats your excuse?
My pics have not been processed yet, because I feel ill after seeing nikki drive
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:49   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post

This WAS a diesel D R I V E wasn't it?! Well, with all the kallu flowing, Srikant decided it was time to reach safer ground...fast!

@Srikant- thanks for the entertainment, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Expecting more pictures guys. This was as much a photography meet as it was a kallu & karimeen fueled diesel drive/cruise.
MaserQ is offline   Reply With Quote