Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 4th December 2008, 23:06   #91

Quote:
Himanshu/Amit Dullu/PVS, re-confirm please
Confirmed - will reach around 8pm.
Amit_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 08:48   #92
Team-BHP Support

Amit D, that's cool.

Himanshu, i am sure your going to make it albeit a bit late, so i am assuming your confirmed
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 10:45   #93
Senior - BHPian

yes, I hope to make it but a bit late. My call has been rescheduled from 7-9 ....so am keeping it open for now.

plus my car's AC has also gone kaput. Posted a thread on that as well.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 10:54   #94
BHPian

Hey guys, me coming alongwith a friend, most probably by Autorickshaw though. Here, I would like to mention that this evening for me "It's the destination that matters and not the journey by itself". Normally the other way around for me. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys this evening. Let's Rock It.

Avi, thanks for posting up my confirmation.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 12:17   #95
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Hey guys, me coming alongwith a friend, most probably by Autorickshaw though. Here, I would like to mention that this evening for me "It's the destination that matters and not the journey by itself". Normally the other way around for me. Looking forward to meeting up with you guys this evening. Let's Rock It.

Avi, thanks for posting up my confirmation.
I am also coming in Autorickshaw

My dear friend for us tbhpian's it should be the other way around all the time. I look forward to the drive even when i am going for or coming back from a drink. But, keeping the current police scenario in mind, i guess what you outlined above in these breath analyzing days is in VOGUE

@Himanshu, you know it, we wont leave the venue till the management decide to throw us out. so do come over

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th December 2008 at 12:20.
Old 5th December 2008, 13:52   #96
BHPian

As luck would have it, my Kanpur trip has been canceled at the last minute and so, I am in for the meet! See you guys in the evening!
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 15:24   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devnull View Post
As luck would have it, my Kanpur trip has been canceled at the last minute and so, I am in for the meet! See you guys in the evening!
rahul..

incase you want to join in with me,call me ,i will be at home @ 5.30pm

we can go together!
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 15:35   #98
Team-BHP Support

Date: Dec 5th at 7:00pm
Venue :
Fortune Katriya, Raj Bhavan Road, Hyderabad
Offer Price : Rs.499 + 15% Tax: Rs.575/Head
Drinks : Un-limited white spirits ( Bacardi/Smirnoff/Romanov). Unlimited Beer ( Only RC is available)
Food : Unlimited Veg and Non-Veg Kebabs served with Rotis. He mentioned Sizzlers will also be served. But, he said it a bit un-surely, so hightlighting the same.

UPDATED (Confirmed Names) :-
Mobike008
Himanshu
Rajesh.Rawal
Getsurya
Amit Dullu
PVS
Arun
Hunterz
Downsouth
Hillram
Suren181
Dilip ( Suren's friend)
Sunil ( Mobike008's friend)
Devnull
Cooldude ( He mentioned tentative but knowing his love for his poison, i am confident he can't stay away)

Total Head Count : 15
Old 5th December 2008, 16:35   #99
BHPian

I may drop in as well :-)
amip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2008, 16:43   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amip View Post
I may drop in as well :-)
Headcount : 16

Guys, i'll be there around 7:30'sh. See ya all soon!
Old 6th December 2008, 01:12   #101
BHPian

well? who turned up? what happened?
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 01:28   #102
Team-BHP Support

Default Dec 5th Drink Meet : Brief Report

Guys, its been a fabulous meet like always, i reckon we are kind of making a mark in drink meets which are happening pretty regularly within the hyderabad tbhp group.

One of the best part is almost everyone who confirmed turned up for the meet except (Himanshu). The total headcount was 16. and their was a surprise or two in store as well when we found sivaguru (drvevrhplyevraftr- sorry dude, pretty long handle) also turned up to say hello.

I guess a paragraph needs to be dedicated to one and only hyd female tbhpian (not sure if a female tbpian turned up for a meet in other cities) to take part in this meet.

It was wonderful meeting you Amip, hope to see you regularly on the forum as well in all other future meets too. In the same breathe want to mention that it was great to meet Amit_D too who came in for the first ever meet and was comfortable rightaway. Cheers dude, hope to see you regularly and hoping you guys had some fun.

We all met up at around 8pm and to our dismay found that some of the brands that we reckoned were not available and on top of it found this 3-star hotel did not allow us to smoke. After a lot of discussion with the F&B head, we were able to squeeze in one of our favorite drink as part of the package. Thereon, it was all out fun, laughter, anecdotes,pulling each other's legs etc.

The evening was full of beer, vodka, bacardi and lots of good kebabs like chicken, fish, meat and several veggies kebabs straight from the tandoor and served with variety of indian breads.

Sivaguru came in for half hour and left but, it was nice of him to drop by!
Hillram, Devnull and Getsurya left a bit early too around 10:30'sh or 11:00ish and we had a great time checking out Hillram's 1974 blazing blue toyota which was in an immaculate condition with many of its original Japanese holograms still intact.

Later on, all went back in for more drinks, kebabs and laughter and in general had a great time.

Special mention for Suren181 as without him a drink meet is incomplete as in his trademark style with a baggage full of anecdotes he kept everybody in splits, thanks for that dude.

Finally, when we all stepped out had a great time checking out absynthguzzler's DIY ICE and without a SUB it was sounding superb and i am keen to check it out when the sub is going to be installed. Arun, let me know when that happens, we are going to have another drink meet to do that.

Cooldude turned up in a canary yellow MM540 and i could see for his 6.4 ft bulk, even the jeep was squeaking in agony, Karan you got yourself a great jeep, look forward to it in next drive. Rajesh sprung a suprise when he sent an SMS to me within 15 minutes of leaving that he reached his home which is in hitec city area. I reckon he took the F1 shirt he was wearing quite seriously, man, you do some awesome driving.

Amit_D's red thunderbird was mammoth and an eye/head-turner, amit, great bike that you got there.

Finally, we missed two of our regular folks whose presence would have made this meet a little more memorable. Himanshu and Theodre_ftw! guys, we missed you !!!

Before closing this drink infused report, Theodre, happy birthday again and hope you had a blast!

Suren, i am passing on the baton to you now. Can we hope to see all pictures as soon as you hit a sober stage? Now don't tell us you will take a decade or two to reach that stage

I am already looking forward to our next drive meet during 3rd/4th week of Jan'09 and Dilip, my dear friend, your going to go through some rough weather if you don't join this time

Goodnight guys, thanks to each one of your for making it to this meet, i enjoyed it thoroughly and want these type of meets more each time we do it!!!!!

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th December 2008 at 01:30.
Old 6th December 2008, 07:06   #103
BHPian

Default Namma Peru Bond!

Morning folks.

Just back from nampally station ,had gone to see off my parents who were travelling to delhi.

Fantastic meet yesterday ,and yes i echo the same as avi bhai ,it was a pleasure to meet AmiP ,our 1st female tbhp member to join in.

The beauty of these meets are you meet people for the 1st time and within 10 min or so you talk to them as if you know them for ages.

Hands down to Hillram for his collection of absolute beauty (The 1974 corolla) what colour man. solid gloss

Amit_d ,your advice to take the irani chai wala road worked well man ,no cops at all.Thanks buddy ,hope to catch up with you in and around madhapur some time.

Avi bhai ,yeah i guess the f1 spirit was there on the way back clubbed with some really peppy numbers playing. was home in about 10 mins or so ,to find my watchman sleeping.had to park the car outside the gate and did a tulli jump into the premises (buggar closes the gate and sleeps)

Suren sir ,sorry sir agar bahut pakaya (u knw what i mean ,hehehhee).

Getsurya ,hope your son has a speedy recovery.

anybody with a hangover ,drink nariyal paani ,its working for me now.

Thanks everyone for being there. Happy weekend!cheers:
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 10:50   #104
BHPian

Talking I am alive!

Suren God really does answer your prayers. No seriously, Arun was very civil while driving he dropped me off last night without endangering my life. Arun please leave a message so I know you reached home safe as well. Got up a while ago with the newspaper screaming the cut in fuel prices, which is good for all of us. No hang-over at all probably burnt all the sugar molecules talking to you all(thatís a good sign).
First meet, had a great time last evening. I was really surprised with the group, since I had come with a lot of apprehension. Took me a while to get used to the call handleís (it will be a while before I get them right). Lot of smokers also made sure that I didnít feel like a outcast.
High point for me was Hillramís advice on the leather seat covers for all his cars. He just saved me a cool 40K+ for my present ride and the next one.
Have a great weekend ahead and waiting for more such meetís/drive.
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2008, 11:41   #105
Team-BHP Support

@Chetan, glad that your alive and kicking

Looks like our tulleho gang hasn't recovered from the whitespirits/beer onslaught of last night!

Jaagore Bandho Jaago!!!