Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2008, 15:04   #1
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,193 Times
Default Dec'2008: Hyderabad Drink Meet

Hyd Folks, it's already over a week since we completed our drive meet and even if most of you think i am crazy and have nothing better to do, i thought of bouncing this idea out with you all.

How about a drink meet early next month? That ways we can round off 2008 on a good note and come back together for a nice drive meet during mid-january 2009

As i am sure we wouldn't want to waste another weekend, proposing some dates during working week.

How about ( Dec 5th/ Dec 7th) OR ( Dec 12/Dec 14th) for a drink meet like we had previously? Details can be worked out based on you'll feedback!

So why not sound off your ideas as well?

Cheers
Avi
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 15:17   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,787
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

Avi..Im in for a drink meet
Date : 5th Dec (I presume it will be in the evening)
Venue : Xtreme Sports Bar...Heard its new n good
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 15:43   #3
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,193 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Venue : Xtreme Sports Bar...Heard its new n good
Ram, Xtreme's pricing befits its name

Let's please look at other options.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 15:47   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
himanshugoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: !!!!
Posts: 1,976
Thanked: 968 Times
Default

I am in for now.... dont think there is any travel planned for wither of those weekends....but u never know
himanshugoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 16:00   #5
BHPian
 
CtrlAltDel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: HyderaGr8
Posts: 500
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

i am ok with that!

2 suggestions:

(1) since this is a car forum, how about a "car-o-bar" meet - we can drive somewhere, drink (responsibly) and drive back

(2) keep it in the day time to avoid breath checking by cops
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 16:31   #6
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Avi sir...

Dec 6th ( saturday) or Dec 7th ( sunday) works well for me ,post which i will be in delhi from Dec 11th to Dec 14th...

I saw this billboard in madhapur(near the petrol bunk) of some egyptian theme resort 10 mins ahead of the shamshabad airport..

incase travel time/budget is not a constraint ,we all can go there! would be a new place to venture out...
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 16:44   #7
BHPian
 
theodore_ftw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 122
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I'm in for Dec 5th. Last time i checked Katriya De Royal still had the offer open (Unlimited Beer + Biryani for INR 450)! Another option they had was 50% off on a selection of liqour (except beer) @ Whisky Joe's (Bar of KDR).
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 17:14   #8
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Avi sir...

Dec 6th ( saturday) or Dec 7th ( sunday) works well for me ,post which i will be in delhi from Dec 11th to Dec 14th...

I saw this billboard in madhapur(near the petrol bunk) of some egyptian theme resort 10 mins ahead of the shamshabad airport..

incase travel time/budget is not a constraint ,we all can go there! would be a new place to venture out...
Check out this link ,of the place i am talking about..

Welcome to Suchirindia Papyrus Port

No real pictures of the place as yet apart from the artistic impression...
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2008, 23:12   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,193 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
i am ok with that!

2 suggestions:

(1) since this is a car forum, how about a "car-o-bar" meet - we can drive somewhere, drink (responsibly) and drive back

(2) keep it in the day time to avoid breath checking by cops
Anand, that's my sunday routine. But, lets not think of carobar as we can do it informally sometime, if you wish

Let's stick to a decent place with lots of booze and good food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theodore_ftw View Post
I'm in for Dec 5th. Last time i checked Katriya De Royal still had the offer open (Unlimited Beer + Biryani for INR 450)! Another option they had was 50% off on a selection of liqour (except beer) @ Whisky Joe's (Bar of KDR).
KDR food last time around sucked big time. How about FK? That was much better in all respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Avi sir...

Dec 6th ( saturday) or Dec 7th ( sunday) works well for me ,post which i will be in delhi from Dec 11th to Dec 14th...

I saw this billboard in madhapur(near the petrol bunk) of some egyptian theme resort 10 mins ahead of the shamshabad airport..

incase travel time/budget is not a constraint ,we all can go there! would be a new place to venture out...
Rajesh bhai, aap tho ek aur drive meet suggest kar rahe ho

Let's catch up for a quick drink,good food and some laughter over a working day. Only reason to suggest a weekday is that we can spend the weekend with family. Else, these meets would be cut short forever
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:21   #10
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Avi its about time! I was wishing a meet happens. Right now are my holidays. Done with those dreadful exams finally. Afaik, this meet will be in the evening right? In that case, can it be on a Sunday please? All weekdays ive got my classes in the evening from Dec 1. If its gonna be in the afternoon, am game for anyday.
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 12:28   #11
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,519
Thanked: 7,193 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Avi its about time! I was wishing a meet happens. Right now are my holidays. Done with those dreadful exams finally. Afaik, this meet will be in the evening right? In that case, can it be on a Sunday please? All weekdays ive got my classes in the evening from Dec 1. If its gonna be in the afternoon, am game for anyday.
Buddy, we dont want to waste another weekend ( especially on meet ) so soon again. Atleast, i would not like to on a sunday.

I am sure you can join during the weekday albeit a bit late ( say 9'sh)

Guys, lot of confusion on the dates.

Can we freeze on either Dec 3rd or Dec 6th in the evening? Please select one of these dates ASAP
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:47   #12
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Dec 3rd and/or 6th evening sounds fine ,should we start with the confirmations then?

p.s:- Dec 3 ,jethro tull and anushka shankar are performing in hyd ,i m sure many would be planning to go there

so should we finalise it as 6th evening?
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 14:53   #13
BHPian
 
devnull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

I *might* be able to make it on 3rd if it's within the city. Weekends won't be feasible for me.
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 15:49   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
hillram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 2,787
Thanked: 814 Times
Default

Im in for 3rd Dec..6th is Sat and i suggest we leave a weekend for family and folks
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2008, 17:20   #15
BHPian
 
furioussphinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 536
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Buddy, we dont want to waste another weekend ( especially on meet ) so soon again. Atleast, i would not like to on a sunday.

I am sure you can join during the weekday albeit a bit late ( say 9'sh)

Guys, lot of confusion on the dates.

Can we freeze on either Dec 3rd or Dec 6th in the evening? Please select one of these dates ASAP
Oh yeah, I dint think from the other side. My class ends at 8 so I can join you guys after that and stay till forever. Psst! Mom going out of the country for 2 months day after tomorrow, so its party all nitghts for me from now
furioussphinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyderabad Meet Thread 2011 Meets_EDIT : Dec 22_Hadippa Lunch Meet mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 1221 2nd January 2012 11:54
Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 190 23rd December 2008 22:28
Drink-And-Dinner Meet in Hyderabad-May 7th (EDIT: Now with the Meet Pics) mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 58 19th May 2008 18:38
Hyderabad Team-BHP Meet-Jan' 2008: 1st Drive-And-Meet of the year guyonblackybx The Team-BHP Meet Section 50 17th January 2008 12:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks