Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 21st December 2008, 21:06   #166
BHPian

The meet was great. Good turn up this time and waiting for the official writers to give a detailed write up
TrueDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2008, 22:55   #167
BHPian

Can't wait anymore for the reports and pics. Post 'em, guys!
devnull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:11   #168
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for the report and pics eagerly as I have missed the meet.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 09:50   #169
BHPian

ah! looks like i am the first with my mini-report.

i reached bolaram ayyappa swami temple at around 12:50, bought a cup of tea from a stall and waited in the car by the roadside.

very soon a white angel zipped past me and I saw mobike008 waving frantically at me from inside it. few more cars raced ahead and I joined the convoy at the end.

in about 20 minutes, we drove into the drive in dhaba and parked. but unfortunately the area didnt look appealing with very few trees and shaded dining areas. in about 5 minutes we decided to head elsewhere and found ourself at Rajinder Dhaba about half a kilometer away.

this meet was well attended by around 25 people (i think) and around 15 cars plus 2-3 two wheelers.

I got to meet some members for the first time. had a great talking over booze and snacks (thank you suren for the singlemalt!)

at 4:30, a few of us finally ordered for simple roti-daal-chana masala-rajma masala-curd rice. i polished off my plate by 5pm and rushed off after paying my share (post individual share here. if i need to pay some more i'll do it). the meet must have comtinued for an hour more at least.

thats a really short review! no time to post a detailed one.

whoever clicked the pix, plz post them at the earliest!
CtrlAltDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 10:42   #170
Senior - BHPian

Default awesome meet

awesome meet guys.

we had approx 25 people turing up

great venue, Rajinder Punjabi Dhabha, with a very accomodating Sardarji, Mr. Rajinder, as our host.

First up, a big thanks to Suren for getting the Scotch and the Fosters. I hope when you guys did the final billing split, the cost of these was fatored in as well. If I need to pay anything extra to someone just let me know.

great to meet so many new members and hear about their amazing experiences- on epositive aside for me is that I may be able to pick up a decent yezdi CLII or roadking soon.

Raj/Avi, post the pics man so that we can get our comments flowing......

lets get the planning for the next one rolling
himanshugoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 13:33   #171
Team-BHP Support

Default Super-Duper Meet !!!!!!!!

It was an awesome meet yesterday and suprisingly one of the best turnouts till date for a lunch/dinner meet. There were quite a few new faces and it was a pleasure as usual to see the old ones too.

We were all quite prompt with the timing for meet at respective meet locations and we all headed out towards the Shamirpet road and it was fun to rip the white angel and for the first time i opened her up until 110kmph and it felt quite stable and sturdy at those speeds. I am more than pleased with my decision

We reached Drive-in Dhaba but couldnt find any good seating place with tree shades and decided to move out and travel back on the route we came to a larger dhaba called " Rajender Punjabi Dhaba". We all quickly seated down under some nice shaded trees and were listening to some music from Getsurya's Scorpio.

In a few minutes, we had Suren181 enter riding an Activa while his Red Chilly (Verna) was driven by his friend Dilip and he was also accompanied with another friend Prabhu.

It was wonderful of Suren to bring a single malt ( Glen Drummond) and Foster Mini's, thanks buddy!. We all tasted this booze and then ordered for lot of KingFisher's, Budwieser's, Whisky and Vodka.

And, then the party swung into action with intro and pulling each other's leg sessions with the topic wandering from the decent to the most indecent ones. I reckon the other side of the group where i was sitting, we didnt discuss about cars at all. What a welcome change.

Me, Zen91 and his non-tbhp registered friend Sai Thakur ( who is becoming more regular than some of our registered members-which is a fabulous thing, Great to you have with us Sai and look forward to seeing you regularly) were into some non-veg jokes, anectodes et.all.

Nag and his friend Ashraf too joined in with us and we all had a ball cracking jokes and essentially unwinding ourselves. Good to laugh so much, it improves your heart and lung functioning!!!

Suren181 was his usual self and took up the tough responsibility of entertaining the entire folks with his quick wit and humour and to add fuel to this fire were our hyderabad tbhp wit duo ( Theodre_FTW and Rajesh.Rawal)

We had a tough time ordering as their was only one guy taking our ordering and delivering it too. But, with a lot of anguish, lament and request the waiter was finally able to slowly and steadly get the food which ranged from Veg Pakoda, Paneer Tikka's, Chicken Chilly/Pepper/65, Tandoori Chicken, Mutton Roast etc.

Some of the guys like Himanshu, CrtAltDel and Nosfreak left early as they had some other comittments which is not fair :-(

We started our meet at 2:00pm and finally it was getting dark when everyone reclutantly decided that we have a home too and need to go back there. Some of us even were contemplating of continuing the party that was including me.

It was nice to see some new faces like Drivehappilyeverafter, Tipu and Stanher. Hope to see you guys next time around.

Overall, it was a great meet but the spoilsport was the traffic, while heading back home we were stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic until Alwal and was quite suprising to see such horrendous traffic on a sunday. I will try uploading some pictures tonight so bear up with me!

Guys, gear up for the next big one on Jan25th/26th where we all are planning for an overnighter to Bijapur ( 400kms one way). Work on your schedules in such a way that you keep these dates free for a ride of a lifetime ( beautiful roads to Bijapur).

Wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year again and I will catch you folks once i am back from vacation.

Keep a look-out for a new thread for the Jan'09 Meet. Until then, Au Reviour/Auf wiedersehen/Ciao Ciao
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:22   #172
BHPian

Default Bhaiyo!

As usual another gr8 meet ,amazing turn out i must say ,we guys are really getting active for sure...

nag:- thank u for the blog url and all the info on suryalanka!

i echo the same sentiments as mentioned by others( pleasure meeting new fellas ,comments on the place ,food)...

avi have a gr8 trip to the north and carry some warm clothes buddy ( i knw u r superman ,but a little fur on u would help)...

get surya:- awesome system you have sir....

btw ,did u race with himanshu bhai( scorpio v/s safari) who won?

salute the wit guru (suren181) for all the cracking stuff...

as far as queries related to extra money to be paid by ppl leaving early ,thats not required ,you guys shelled out the right contributions..

raj.. pictures pls ,i am sure we all want to look at all those bewdas...hehehe

looking fwd to the bijapur drive... more than that pedhapuram ,hehehee

cheers everyonecheers:

p.s:- i have never waited for the tandoori chicken so long in my life...
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:46   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
btw ,did u race with himanshu bhai( scorpio v/s safari) who won?
you are kidding right?!!!!

the way that m hawk overtook me on the way to Shamirpet (and I was doing about 100), would have made a race a no-contest! Man! that car can move!!

although I did experience something peculiar. sitting in Getsury'a M-hawk, we had switched on the engine to have the AC on, and all the while, one thing that struck me was that the NVH levels of the engine as well as the vibrations in the gear lever of the M-hawk were significantly greater than in my Safari.... maybe this could be due to the fact that my safari's engine is well run in now whereas the M-hawk is spanking new (still on temp numberplate).

and, the 2.2 safari is even more refined than my Safari....so that seemed a little peculiar to me.
himanshugoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 14:56   #174
Senior - BHPian

Himanshu,

We were all together in the race and we WON!

Even I too feel the same on the NVH at idle RPM of mHawk. In fact I told M&M that my CRDE slx was more silent at idle RPM. They told me that if we compare the sound at higher RPMs or when the vehicle is in motion the sound or vibration is less for mHawk. I tend to agree to that as when crde is revved up it makes lot of noise. Also this car in motion is very refined than Crde one!
Gear level vibrations are higher in mHawk than Crde. Another irritant for me too as I compare with my older scorp, got used to it now.
my mHawk has done 8500+km and not to go by the temp registration as I am waiting for a particular number.
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 15:58   #175
Team-BHP Support

Here are some random pictures of our lunch meet yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4632.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4633.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4640.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4645.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4646.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4681.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4685.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4686.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4687.jpg  

Dec'2008 ( PART 2) : Lunch Meet - Hyderabad-dsc_4688.jpg  

Old 22nd December 2008, 16:03   #176
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

We ARE building momentum!! needless now to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon out like all of you did!

I guess we can keep the crowd growing with our genuiness!!

Avi, Thanks for the idea and all the co-ordination! we are eager more than ever to say........CHEERScheers:.........yet again!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:16   #177
BHPian

HAHAHA! Myself in pic # 6 ,after seeing it ,i guess the caption " save water ,drink beer or something like Beer is a proof ,god loves us " suits perfectly fine!

ouch! my tummy ! time to hit the gym!
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:21   #178
BHPian

Dudes,

That was an awesome party y'day. Nice to meet so many like minded guys. The venue was good, with so much greenery and plenty of shade. The service was a let down, but all of us blissfully unmindful of time.

Avi - I left without bidding good bye to you and a few others. Sorry for that, I had another appointment. One of my friends came over to my place (I am home alone now), so I went home and continued the drinks till 10 PM

more photos please..
nagvasireddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:25   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Guys,

We ARE building momentum!! needless now to say that I thoroughly enjoyed my afternoon out like all of you did!

I guess we can keep the crowd growing with our genuiness!!

Avi, Thanks for the idea and all the co-ordination! we are eager more than ever to say........CHEERScheers:.........yet again!!
Your welcome dude. I am just trying to get us folks together and you all joining makes my efforts fruitfulcheers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
ouch! my tummy ! time to hit the gym!
If you think like that, then i need to spend 9-6 at gym instead of workplace.
Old 22nd December 2008, 16:25   #180
BHPian

A memorable afternoon spent yesterday,with a great team.

The way the bonding happens with other team members is unique to Team Bhpians and appreciable.

It was a lot of fun being with the team and look forward for more such meets.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote