Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 10th January 2009, 17:29   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
10. hrag ??
As of now, please count me out.
Old 11th January 2009, 18:24   #47
Senior - BHPian

Ladies and Gents, start your engines. In a few weeks we are off to Winding Wayanad!!

What to expect

Great weather - perfect for a long drive. Beat the heat, summer will be on us soon!

Leisure activities - lots of car/bike/off-road/new acquisitions/satyam/recession/pet talk and housie for those who will have none of it!

Cultural Heritage - Edakkal caves for those who fancy a dip in history.

Sightseeing - Karalad/Pukod lake, Sentinel Waterfalls, Chembra Peak...

Offroading - early morning drive into Tholpetty Wild Life Sanctuary.

Did I miss anything...
Old 11th January 2009, 22:03   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did I miss anything...
You did, but its mamnu here these days so we will discuss it offline.
Old 15th January 2009, 15:27   #49
Senior - BHPian

* KNOCK KNOCK *

Any progress on the planning front, guys? My tickets have been booked, am in on the morning of the 6th.
Old 15th January 2009, 21:18   #50
BANNED

Hey, hey, hey!
What the hell is happening?

After all the malarial bliss and out of the world tranquility, I am finally back on a soft ground where I am now able to stand up myself and shout: TEAM-BHP AHOY!!!!

Great going guys. I can see this drive is going to be an amazing one. The planning seems to be prepared well and it's shaping up good.

Myself, I'm still in the twilight world. I'm not sure if I'll be free by the weekend of the proposed drive. If my plans shape up well, I'll announce my arrival and there'll be a surprise vehicle to accompany you guys! [shhhh........]

Bring it on! Let's rock this drive as we have always done.
Old 22nd January 2009, 02:06   #51
BHPian

I would have loved to join this time and i might bring along a friend too.is this drive still on
Old 22nd January 2009, 09:12   #52
Team-BHP Support

Again confirming -- I am in as of now.

Now, can we have an outline of the 2 days. what time to meet, where etc etc..?
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:08   #53
Senior - BHPian

MaserQ and gang please confirm, else I can postpone my tickets in order to make it for the Gulf News Desert Drive which has just been announced for the 6th of February.
Old 24th January 2009, 17:36   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
I would have loved to join this time and i might bring along a friend too.is this drive still on
Yes, its very much on! Been under the weather, hence off the forum for a while.

Will be doing a dry-run to Wayanad over the weekend. Other members are welcome to join in! Have booked us into Hotel Woodlands in Kalpetta (Hotel accommodation in Wayanad - The Woodlands Hotel -), will confirm once I check the place out. Vegetarians rejoice - there is a veg restaurant as well. Will also find out if they are 'pet friendly'.

1. nikkibike + family/cochin
2. drpullockaran + family/thrissur/calicut
3. prabhuav + 4/bangalore
4. Steeroid/cochin/shoranur
5. khan_sultan + 1/bangalore
6. sreerajunnithan + 2/bangalore
7. MaserQ/calicut
8. aravindwarrier + 1/cochin?

The above is the confirmed list so far, with starting points. Ideally we should reach Kalpetta by lunch time on 7th February 2009.

Here is the proposed programme:

7th February:

7:00 AM: Meet and greet at Sarovaram/alternative for cochin members.
Have PMed khan_sultan for similar arrangements in bangalore.

01:00 PM: Gather at Hotel in Kalpetta, lunch/rest thereafter.

03:00 PM: Time to go WILD in WAYANAD!! We set off for Edakkal caves/Sentinal Waterfalls/Pukod lake.

08:30 PM: We talk shop, make merry and dine.

11:00 PM: Like responsible bhpians, we call it an early night

8th February:

06:30 AM: Strong shot of caffeine and... D R I V E to Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary!

07:30 AM: Reach Tholpetty and arrange for 'Jeeps' to take us through the Tiger reserve for the much expected off-roading.

09:30 AM: Breakfast in Mananthavadi.

10:00 AM: Time permitting, we D R I V E to Karlad lake and other unexpected events.

01:00 PM: Lunch at hotel.

02:00 PM: D R I V E back to base.

Confirmed members please PM your contact numbers. Others...well, be assured of an entertaining thread once we are done going WILD in WAYANAD!!!
Old 25th January 2009, 12:11   #55
Senior - BHPian

Great! We finally have movement here.

I will join you guys enroute - I assume you will be taking NH () 17 to Calicut and taking off from there to Wayanad. I could meet you guys at Valanchery/Kuttipuram or at Calicut, let me have the details.

Unless we decide to get a bit adventurous and take the Trichur-Nilambur-Gudalur route back to Wayanad, which will be a nice change from the regular, crowded and boring NH 17. What say? If we decide to take that route, I can join you from Shoranur.

I MAY have to stay at my cousin's place (enroute to Mananthavady), will confirm soon.

We need more people (and cars/trucks) on the D R I V E. Whats up, team - its gone cold in here!

A S H V I N is out of the D R I V E - he has to babysit the house as his parents are travelling during the period. Zak is somewhere in Niger or Mali or Chad and it looks unlikely that he will be able to make it back to COK for the trip. Ripper is officially out since he will be in Munnar for the OTR and a second trip in two weeks will mean the Doghouse (however comfortable it is).

hydrashok has become HIDErashok ever since he got married.

No news from the Coimbatore crowd (Quicksilver/KB100) either.

We're left with very few regulars. Where are Veelubhai and Srikant from Trichur? Whats with JayD? JKDas is ominously silent. ram_hyundai has turned ram_missing.

Somebody in Cochin needs to get on the phone and start calling up people.
Old 25th January 2009, 13:14   #56
Senior - BHPian

I 'might' be in. I am scheduled to be in Bangy - running around trying to get some school admissions for my kids. Unfortunately does look like its going to go down to the wire.

Perhaps I can hitch a ride with someone from Bangy?
Old 25th January 2009, 14:30   #57
Senior - BHPian

I really wanted to make this drive, but a college-mate of mine is getting married on the 8th. It'll be a good get together of sorts of all the guys from college, so missing it will be an issue. Sorry guys, maybe next time :(
Old 26th January 2009, 23:08   #58
BHPian

Another version of D R I V E? i was planning to join prabhuav but an admission test for my son is scheduled for that weekend.

Have fun guys & i am sure you will...
Old 27th January 2009, 01:09   #59
BHPian

I am IN. Let me see if any other BHPians from Cbe can join up. I will be driving in a sedan so will hitch a ride with Steer while going off road.

Steer, I am sure you are impressed enough with my navigational skills to allow me a seat in your truck (both for missing the 20/30 foot drop/excavation and that mother of a ditch in the middle of the road in Ramakkal medu).
Old 27th January 2009, 12:25   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, its very much on! Been under the weather, hence off the forum for a while.

8th February:

06:30 AM: Strong shot of caffeine and... D R I V E to Tholpetty Wildlife Sanctuary!

07:30 AM: Reach Tholpetty and arrange for 'Jeeps' to take us through the Tiger reserve for the much expected off-roading.
Not wanting to be a spoilsport. The "Jeeps" which you would take at Tholpetty come with drivers so most of the gang would have to be co-passengers and enjoy the Off Roading - if there is any because the route with the Forest department allows you to go are reasonably well laid that they are anything but Off Roading. Have seen even buses at times going inside the forest (not for the entire distance which the Jeeps traverse but would give you an idea) along with a guide.

If you have some hidden contacts in the Forest department which you intend to use, then its a different ball game.
Closed Thread