Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 27th January 2009, 12:07   #166
BHPian

Well i'm finally awake after this trip and have managed to read through all the posts about it. One observation that i pointed out @ Hotel City Grand during lunch was that we (Team BHP) actually drove 300+Kms just to meet and greet and eat with GetSurya and Nag! Unfortunately the sight seeing was curtailed due that idiot auto rickshaw driver deciding to come in front of us (Me and Mobike). He should really thank his stars that it was only a car and not a Truck or a Bus that hit him else he would have been happily looking at the ongoings from a different stage/level altogether! Guess the people would have been collecting money for his funeral then instead of his injuries (Wishful thinking for all these scum). Judging by the amount of Autos that we saw seized at the police station, it seemed like a full fledged occupation of the local residents/auto wallahs to take sudden U Turns in the middle of the highway. Especially after seeing cars coming at them! Lets hope most of them are not back on the streets for a second attempt or even if they are back, they would have learnt their lessons (not too optimistic about the lesson per se but more hopeful of them meeting a bus/truck the second time around which would effectively get rid of them thus making the roads safer).
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 13:06   #167
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Its always been a lot of pleasure being with like minded people, even though if it happens to be one's wedding anniversary.
Brajesh, Is it correct if i assume that it was your wedding anniversary? If yes, belated best wishes to both of you
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 13:07   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Brajesh, Is it correct if i assume that it was your wedding anniversary? If yes, belated best wishes to both of you
From me too, Brajesh!
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 13:16   #169
BHPian

Brajesh: Do accept my belated wishes too. Heres wishing you and Mrs. many many more.

Thanks to all you rocking Hyd Team BHPians for a lovely day. You guys sure know to party eh.

Hey and one thing I'd like to clarify is that Zen, belongs to Prabhu, he owns it, However I guess I'd be using it more .

Special thanks to pulsar56 for being ever resourceful. He had almost anything and everything in his Car ready when asked for including a Hacksaw blade, cello tape, a good strand of electric wire, the regular tools etc etc.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 13:43   #170
BHPian

Thanks a lot, Avi,Venu, Suren.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 13:48   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
I might also land up there at the same time!!! I live at Banjara Hills! I am driving alone. Just got calls from the people who had confirmed that they are not joining tomorrow!!
We'll continue from there to Uppal. My no. - 9966577355
Around 20 cars and approx. 30+ people... Hyderabad Rocks!
Sorry dude. completely missed your post. hope you didn't mind.

As for the meet it was quite an eventful one. kudos to avi for recovering out of the shock to his true "spirits" so soon. Service and ambiance at the Elixir was awesome for a tbhp meet, thanks to Srikant and Naag.
huntrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 13:51   #172
BHPian

Attachment 93566
driving back to Hyd

Why are there so many AUTOS on the road!!
Old 27th January 2009, 14:13   #173
Senior - BHPian

Brajesh,

How are you? Belated wishes on your Marriage anniversary!! What a way to celebrate!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 14:31   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Attachment 93566
driving back to Hyd

Why are there so many AUTOS on the road!!
They are probably waiting there to get bumped off by Mobike's car
nagvasireddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 14:59   #175
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
As for the meet it was quite an eventful one. kudos to avi for recovering out of the shock to his true "spirits" so soon. Service and ambiance at the Elixir was awesome for a tbhp meet, thanks to Srikant and Naag.
So the silent killer finally spoke

Thanks buddy. Life is unpredictable. I was heartbroken for the first few minutes or more but then, i told myself, atleast i am alive and so is the other fella, that simple thought brought my smile and spirits back.

Come to think of it, never bothered to see the name of the restuarant that we lunched in. Thanks for letting the name out to folks like me who never noticed.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 15:10   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Brajesh,

How are you? Belated wishes on your Marriage anniversary!! What a way to celebrate!!
Thanks a lot Srikanth!! This year I wanted it to be DIFFERENT!!
Old 27th January 2009, 15:31   #177
Senior - BHPian

Brajesh, Wish we had the chance to cut a cake for you couple at Elixir!!!Thankur atleast should have told us.

Avi, You rock!! You actually rocked the auto and was still in your elements to enjoy the meet. You have a good rebound attitude pal!!Cheers!!cheers:
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 15:32   #178
Senior - BHPian

Elixir? I thought it was The City Grand Hotel.
Or was that the name of the restaurant?

Last edited by vnabhi : 27th January 2009 at 15:42.
Old 27th January 2009, 15:51   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Elixir? I thought it was The City Grand Hotel.
Or was that the name of the restaurant?
venu sir elixir was the pub/restaurant we were in the hotel city grand.

interesting observation hunterz ,even i did not notice the name like most of us..

no wonder they call you the silent killer ,you talk less and observe more

did you take kamal hassan's pushpak movie so seriously kya just kidding!

Isnt Elixir also the name of the lounge bar at ginger court @ madhapur( my contribution to the observation bid)

@ nag -great pics of the temple and the lake ,now we know what we missed! anybody clicked pics of ghanpur p.s (our share of the sight seeing destination for nag and getsurya,lol)

aree bhaiya aur pics kidhar hai?

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 27th January 2009 at 15:54.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 16:06   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
venu sir elixir was the pub/restaurant we were in the hotel city grand.

@ nag ---- anybody clicked pics of ghanpur p.s (our share of the sight seeing destination for nag and getsurya,lol)

aree bhaiya aur pics kidhar hai?
Thanks Rajesh. I agree most of us were too busy gulping fluids to notice the name of the pub.
As regards pics of Ghanpur P.S., i guess the photographers were scared to offend the sharp-shooters on the tower of the P.S.