Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 4th February 2009, 16:34   #226
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Team,

This is a reminder of our board policies which clearly state:

Quote:
11. Team-BHP STRONGLY discourages drinking & driving; not a single post on the same will be permitted on this community. Further, the "Team-BHP Meet Section" must NOT have any content related to alcohol (in posts or in pictures) either.
The moderator team has just spent a substantial amount of time in cleaning up this thread. We would much appreciate your support to our initiatives.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 16:47   #227
BHPian

Ok ..got a text from getsurya ,he wont be joining us.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 18:16   #228
BHPian

Looks like this is the final list -

1. Zen91
2. Mobike008
3. Rajesh.Rawal
4. KKrK2
5. Pulsar56
6. Theodre_Ftw
7. Cooldude
8. Himanshugoswami
9. Hillram
10. Mrs. Hillram
11. Ravveendrra
12. Bala ( Avi's friend)
13. Vnabhi
14. Milecruncher
15. Mrs. Milecruncher
16. Planning to invite another friend of mine.
theodore_ftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 18:34   #229
Senior - BHPian

Can someone post the exact location of the place? I will be starting from my office at 8:00. I know it's somewhere near Lakdikapul but considering the traffic during this time, I don't want to be taking many U-Turns!
pulsar56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 18:37   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
Can someone post the exact location of the place? I will be starting from my office at 8:00. I know it's somewhere near Lakdikapul but considering the traffic during this time, I don't want to be taking many U-Turns!
I believe its somewhere near Birla Temple (After Amrutha Castle). Call Mobike008. He has the right directions.
Old 5th February 2009, 01:11   #231
BHPian

Do I need to join a secret society (like Illuminati) to get a heads up on the meets? I had been following this thread to check how your Warangal trip went..and then today's meet..errr...when did this come up? I skimmed thru a past few posts and the first mention of today's meet was a list of people attending!! . Did I miss anything?

I would have loved to join you guys. Maybe next time.
NK@Hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 02:19   #232
Senior - BHPian

Default Quick update before I sleep

Just back from the TBHP Hyderabad meet at the Nizam Club, an event designed to showcase a few traditional items of Hyderabad cuisine and to afford an opportunity to the members who could not take the time out for the drives to meet the rest of the team in town.

The conversation flowed, freewheeling between bikes, cars, mod-jobs, future drives, computers, games, etc. Jeeps and RD350s held centre stage for a long time along with Jawa/Yezdis. A chunk of the conversation was about the other thing that flowed today - the infractions handed out to posts in this thread. I got a 7 too, I am sure that the redoubtable Dr.Anbumani Ramadoss, that bete-noire of the director (since ex) AIIMs, is thrilled.

It was a lovely evening in a private room in the elegant Nizam club. By the time I reached the venue, the Sheekampur Kebabs were doing the rounds. These were made just right (as usual for Nizam Club) the outermost layer was slightly crisp, the dahi chutney inside was still cool and not even a hint of sour in it!

Next in was the Nargisi Kofta, Hyderabad's version of Scotch eggs. These again were perfect. The spices were in perfect proportion and the flavours were subtle and just right. The Nizam club's interpretation of the fried fish with sauce tartare is an unique tribute to the medley of cultures that Hyderabad is, fried fish with sauce tartare normally conjures up visions of a golden fried fish with a light creamy sauce as a dip, the flavours being perceived by the nose. I was a little apprehensive about having a helping of this as I had the spicy sheekampur kebabs and Nargisi kofta. I need not have worried, one bite and I was hooked. The nizam clubs f.fish is mildly spiced as is the sauce that accompanies it, a wonderfully Hyderabadi twist.

Midway, we reaslised that it was Mrs. Zen91's birthday today, the gang spontaneously burst out into song to wish her, considering that most of us can't hold a tune and I at least, am tone deaf - I must say that it was a darn good rendering. What next - a Hyd.TBHP choral group?

A special mention must be made about Hillram, he is bringing up his 2 year old son right, by bringing him to the TBHP meetings. The lill chap loved the meeting tonite and made it a point to greet and wish everyone there, I am sure that in the years to come will be pillar of the TBHP.

Hillram, at this juncture, I wish to remind you about a Palio 1.6 for me - please. Ok, Ok, Avi & Rajesh, I am matlabi, but what the hell, those cars are scarce to come by and I do not wish to blow 6 lakhs on a new one.

Seeing the quantity of starters that the team consumed, one was doubtful whether they would do justice to the fabulous main meal that was laid out for us by Zen91. But TBHP Hyd being what it is - a bunch of sensible, good, fun-loving guys, who love the good things in life, they tucked in with gusto and did full justice to the fabulous meal.

The meal was rounded off by the scrumptuous dessert = the traditional qubani ka meeta (stewed apricots) set in a kind of a trifle. Sinfully rich and delicious, not surprisingly most of us asked for 'some more'. (at this rate I will need to buy trousers one size bigger).

We moved down to the car park to admire cooldude's jeep. An awesome looking machine with clean lines and painted a nice sporty and pleasing yellow. Great job you have done there @ cooldude. How I wish I had the patience to maintain and run of those lovely jeeps.

Several attempts were made to fix a drive this month, but with most members being in animated conversation about their beloved cars, jeeps and bikes, they were not able to concentrate and decide on the date and destination for the drive.

The Hyd TBHPians are a like minded lot who agree on a lot of things, (1) Most love Diesel engines, (2) Most are retro minded and love old bikes like the Yezdi/Jawa, bullet, Vespa, Lambretta etc. In fact references to the lighter aluminium block or twin plugged bullet were shooed out, (3) Most have a passion for restoring old vehicles, (4) Most like manual transmissions (5) Everyone loves to share information - about destinations, roads, bikes, accessories, mod-jobs, mechanics, computers, games etc. etc. and to help a fellow traveller (I have never got a hotel confirmation faster than tonight - 2 minutes after I mentioned it, getsurya told me that he had called the hotel in Warangal and booked a room for me! Thanks a ton @ getsurya.).

I hope that we have a drive meet over a week-end in February, after that the exams start and by the time the exams are over it will be too hot in Hyderabad.

Those of you who could not make it tonight, we missed each of you and hope you will be able to make it to our future meets and drives.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 04:26   #233
Senior - BHPian

well list of members i mean presentees were:
1. Zen91
2. Mobike008
3. Rajesh.Rawal
4. KKrK2
5. Pulsar56
6. Theodre_Ftw
7. Cooldude
8. Himanshugoswami
9. Hillram
10. Mrs. Hillram
11. Ravveendrra
12. GetZ (Mr. Surya)
13. Vnabhi
14. Milecruncher
15. Mrs. Milecruncher
16. Rider60

well thats all i remember sorry if i forgot some one, was splendid evening, and i met the new members and they had great stories to tell too.

well i missed tbhp for long enough and now i am back here.

we did discuss the roadkings, RD 350s and other bikes and i hope we have not confused KKR2K2 alot the traditional Tbhp way ha ha ha ha ha, i hope he finds and buys the bike that suits him sooner well all the best mate.

see you guys at the next drive hope we have one this FEB.
rider60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 10:07   #234
Senior - BHPian

Guys it was a great evening and all of us savoured the delicacies laid out at Nizam Club.
IMO the Sheekampur can be named the "Man of the Match" and cant forget the Apricot Pudding which was just delicious.
My hearty thanks to Zen 91 (Brijesh) for organising this meet at NC and also giving us a chance to taste this unique Hyderabadi gastronomy.

Raveendra..I wont forget the Palio GTX...As I said Im waiting for the grande Punto,and If im hooked to it..Consider that I will handover my Palio to you.

I guess we already are planning a Drive meet this month..Avi are you going to post a new thread?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 10:36   #235
Senior - BHPian

Great meet as usual, though started off on a sour note what with the over policing that has been going on on the forum, kinda reminds one of the aforementioned Doc Ramadoss and the merry bunch from Mangalore.

anyways, enuf venom has been spewed over that last eve.....

so the meet was a brilliant one as usual, and it was a pleasure to meet up with Raveendra and Milecruncher and Bidisha- a truly lovely couple.

the rest were the usual suspects and the highlight of the evening for me was the discussion with Hillram, that sees me closer to picking up a mint Roadking.

the drive back was fun as well, with me and Amit-theodore, pitting our skills against each other- imagine a zen vs a safari.

all this ended on a sour note for me, when i met with a small accident just as I was turining into a house. a moronic biker didnt anticipate that the safari needs a lot of space to execute a u-turn and decided to sqeeze ahead of it, in the end banging into my car and damaging the front left door!!

I was heartbroken to see my beast damaged and will be showering some TLC on her this weekend- Prabhu, if you are reading this, I am headed towards your garage this weekend mate.

luckily the biker was not injured and i realised that he was a kid working in my company, so that saved him from getting the trashing of his life.......

well, as they say, cest la vie
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 11:01   #236
Senior - BHPian

Default Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
.....all this ended on a sour note for me, when i met with a small accident just as I was turining into a house. a moronic biker didnt anticipate that the safari needs a lot of space to execute a u-turn and decided to sqeeze ahead of it, in the end banging into my car and damaging the front left door!!

luckily the biker was not injured and i realised that he was a kid working in my company, so that saved him from getting the trashing of his life.......

well, as they say, cest la vie
Sorry to hear that. These stupid little scrapes both hurt and leave one fuming. Did the kid get the old heave-ho this morning?

It almost happened to me yesterday, I was taking a U-turn opposite HPS Begumpet and this moron tries to squeeze between me and the divider, I gave him a choice of running into me or the divider! Smart chap - he chose the divider, I was all set to string him out to dry.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 11:05   #237
Senior - BHPian

@ Himanshu : Sorry to hear that mate! Lets hope your beast gets fixed at the earliest and without minimum damage to your wallet

Well as about the evening, it was great hooking up with like minded souls who can go on talking cars and bikes. Last night I guess we covered almost all the current affairs from Cars, Forum, Infractions,Moral Policing, Satyam et al.

I would like to formally register my sincere gratitude to Brajesh/Zen91 for Organising the event, Mobike/Avi for inviting me and to all other folks present who made the evening so much enjoyable.

Carrying the tradition of T-BHP - Hyd Chapter, I'm proposing a drive/meet to some nearby place for the 14th Feb Weekend. ( I know it would be a busy weekend for most single members out here and those not so single)

Possible Destinations:
1. Sri Sailam - 220 Km
2. Island near Warangal.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 11:26   #238
BHPian

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
a moronic biker didnt anticipate that the safari needs a lot of space to execute a u-turn and decided to sqeeze ahead of it, in the end banging into my car and damaging the front left door!!
Sorry to hear about the accident dude. You shouldnt have let him so easily. Didnt matter if he was from the same company. As car owners, even we ride our 2 wheelers at times but i dont think any of us ride like these maniacs who have no sense of direction.

Best alternative is to invest in BIG wheels like me so that they will not be able to come in contact with the body of the car (This works great for me)
Old 5th February 2009, 11:31   #239
BHPian

Himanshu bhai ,hope the damage is minimum..

on a lighter note on the zen v/s safari thing,himanshu bhai you really coudnt believe the way zen was zooming right? as they say its not the ride but the rider ,i guess theodore ke andar achanak se alonso aa gaya tha,lol...( i know i know ,now you will say meet me on the highway guys and then we'll see who wins)..

Folks felt really nice to see you all again! great to see yashraj/karan and the first timers mr and mrs milecruncher join us as well (hope to see you guys in the future meets as well).

@Ravvenndra ,as usual great description from you sir!

Pandeyji ,i loved those shoes buddy ,next time you go to delhi please get a pair for me.shoe size 8

Brajesh bhai many many thanks for the fantastic arrangement.It was my first visit to any typical club in hyderabad and i truely enjoyed it.Life set ho gayi!

Next meet,i was wondering lets do something different like going to some water theme resort or something and spend the day there(heard there are many at gandipet)

we can soak in the pool and do the usual merry making

what say junta?

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 5th February 2009 at 11:37.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 11:43   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Next meet,i was wondering lets do something different like going to some water theme resort or something and spend the day there(heard there are many at gandipet)

we can soak in the pool and do the usual merry making

what say junta?
That gives an idea....Let me do some research and start a thread for this.

Brajesh - Thanks for the awesome location.