Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 17th March 2009, 09:03   #616
Team-BHP Support

@Raveendra, great write-up

@ Romeyo4u, amazing pictures, loved all of them.

Folks, Ghazal Night for April 3rd is confirmed.....Details will follow shortly
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 10:24   #617
BHPian

Great pictures, and even better travelogue by Ravveenddra. Looks like you guys had whale of a time. Damn, I missed out. When I woke up on Sunday morning and noticed the pleasant weather, the first thing I thought about was this meet

looking forward to the "Mehfil" on Apr 3. BTW, when are we meeting next to finalize the details
nagvasireddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 11:01   #618
BHPian

@ ravvendra : great write up man! i had kept my status as 'do not disturb' to others while i was reading it.

@ nag : i really liked your avtaar pic brother . pure bliss.

@ romeo: thanks for the lovely pics ,i was wondering what pictures of my ride should i post in my tbhp garage ,you made the job simple now.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 11:17   #619
Senior - BHPian

Ravveendra, awesome write up buddy.

Guys, for the April 3 meet, in case there are any more confirmations other than the folks who were present for the meet, please send Rs. 500 per head as advance payment to mobike008 ASAP. please note, without reciept of payment, we will not include anyones name in the list since money has to be paid in advance to the khansaamas and to the Ghazal singer.
Also, no refunds once the payments have been made to the aforementioned folks.

This is a family evening, so would encourage you guys to get your families along as well.

p.S. my apologies if this sounds offensive, but then its best to be clear and up front about money, since we have had a few minor issues in the past, so i want to avoid any possibility of misunderstandings amongst this great bunch of crazy folks

P.P.S. Avi/suren/brijesh/raveendra- I made one goof up on the drive day- while collecting money, i ended up collecting from Devidas as well. I propose we return that to him since he has graciously offered the use of his apartment. What say guys?
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 11:24   #620
BHPian

[quote=Rajesh Rawal;1216647
@ nag : i really liked your avtaar pic brother . pure bliss.
[/quote]

Thanks. It is me and son at Goa.
nagvasireddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 11:24   #621
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
P.P.S. Avi/suren/brijesh/raveendra- I made one goof up on the drive day- while collecting money, i ended up collecting from Devidas as well. I propose we return that to him since he has graciously offered the use of his apartment. What say guys?
I think thats a good idea.

I am planning to meet Fazal & Dev either today or tomorrow to discuss the nitty gritty of the April 3rd program. If anyone wants to join along with me are welcome to do so.

Can someone draw up a list of folks who already paid up? It gives us a fair idea of the "confirmed" headcount.
Old 17th March 2009, 11:31   #622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I think thats a good idea.

I am planning to meet Fazal & Dev either today or tomorrow to discuss the nitty gritty of the April 3rd program. If anyone wants to join along with me are welcome to do so.

Can someone draw up a list of folks who already paid up? It gives us a fair idea of the "confirmed" headcount.
buddy, u have that list with you....it is the envelope in which i gave you the money, Ihad written everyones name with a tick mark against those who paid up.
Old 17th March 2009, 11:41   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

+1 to that

I feel this is going to one hell of an evening!

We Hydeez Rock!!!

P.s.
I think the last count was 27 people. And Avi, if Fazal is bringing his White Jeep, then I'm in as well. BTW forgot that my new code name is Dorky Dippelfanny

Last edited by MileCruncher : 17th March 2009 at 11:44.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 11:49   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
And Avi, if Fazal is bringing his White Jeep, then I'm in as well.
??? what has the white jeep got to do with your presence at the ghazal night?
Old 17th March 2009, 11:54   #625
Senior - BHPian

Rajesh, have u not figured out yet that our dear chiku lives in a parellel dimension, and what works for us mere mortals, makes no sense for him, and vice versa
Old 17th March 2009, 11:57   #626
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
??? what has the white jeep got to do with your presence at the ghazal night?
Quote:
Rajesh, have u not figured out yet that our dear chiku lives in a parellel dimension, and what works for us mere mortals, makes no sense for him, and vice versa
I have given up on RR, but you Sirji??? If you remember I have already made my initial deposit for the Ghazal night.
Quote:
This is what I was referring to.

@ RR: Haste leads to Waste. Go Figure in my parallel universe what that means
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 12:04   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have given up on RR, but you Sirji???
well, i have been spending some time with RR of late, so the effect has to show na .....he is now influencing my thought process, and in return i sincerely hope he is taking some inspiration from me ....RR, you know what I am referring to, dont you ?
Old 17th March 2009, 12:04   #628
Senior - BHPian

Default Pink elephants

Quote:
I have given up on RR, but you Sirji??? If you remember I have already made my initial deposit for the Ghazal night.
This is what I was referring to.

White jeeps & ghazals / white jeeps & planning commission meeing - what ejjactly is the connection between a white jeep and either of the two?

I live in a universe that is at a tangent to everything else - so I guess it is our 10000wala ladi going off, or is it that the white jeeps are somehow related to pink elephants?

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2009, 12:15   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
White jeeps & ghazals / white jeeps & planning commission meeing - what ejjactly is the connection between a white jeep and either of the two?

I live in a universe that is at a tangent to everything else - so I guess it is our 10000wala ladi going off, or is it that the white jeeps are somehow related to pink elephants?

Cheers,
hehheee.mere laal chikoo ,guess i am not the only one who quite coudnt understand your parellel universe wala post.

when you 'quote' the wrong sentences in your response see what it did to 2 lawyers and one garib aadmi
Old 17th March 2009, 12:15   #630
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
buddy, u have that list with you....it is the envelope in which i gave you the money, Ihad written everyones name with a tick mark against those who paid up.
You didnt expect me to carry that envelope around with me do you?

I would become a prime target for mugging and if i do get mugged, then poor me would have to become the ghazal singer, khansama, server, dish washer etc. I am sure you folks are not yet ready for such horror in your lives

It'd be safer if we draw up a list as we remember. Can someone start the honours so we can add names as we remember?