Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: I will join the meet if its on
26th March, Thursday 2 6.06%
27th March, Friday (Gudi Padwa) 3 9.09%
28th March, Saturday 22 66.67%
Any day is fine 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24th March 2009, 09:57   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Yeah even I am getting cofnused Guys we are meeting at Sunny Da Dhaba & NOT at Lonavla
Ohhhh sorry for the confusion, but as throttleking mentioned, he discovered a spot at Kamshet & if one wants to explore then they can join hime at Kamshet (4PM). After that exploration people will join T-BHP meet at Sunny (8 PM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Those who want to ride this patch meetup at Kamshet main chowk on highway at around 4pm, those starting from pune lets meet up at Sentosa resort at 3pm. We will go to kamshet towers, roam around, do some photography and head towards Sunny and reach there by 8pm.

my cell no is 9923676363, keep adding in the list
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 10:35   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Uploading few more pics of Kamshet tower

This is how the tower looks like from the base

hey the place looks enticing. however i doubt my low GC lancer would be able to make it through whatever trail you have show in pics. Is that a alto you were driving?

Let me if there are any concrete plans i might come at 4 wherever we plan to meet earlier.
leadf00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 10:37   #183
BHPian

Instead of printing nametags, how about we just buy blank labels and wroite with markers, like in the pic.

Where are the mumbai people meeting at before leaving?
spawnofsatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 10:58   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
date----28/3/2009 saturday

time-----8 pm
I thought it was a morning drive and lunch meet & hence given my confirmation, but it seems the meet is in night, it would be difficult for me to come at that time but i will try (50-50 %)
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 11:33   #185
BHPian

Alright guys, i went to Sunny da dhaba yesterday. we need to do some arrangements for such big count, the manager says dhaba is usually over crowded on weekends, hence he has proposed to do arrangement in garden which they usually lend for small parties, he wont charge us for that or there is covered shelter where he can do the arrangement for us. However he is going to confirm that today as he has to get extra tables and chairs for us.

I also discussed the fixed menu option with him, he said Rs. 650 per person would be the charge (not negotiable) in this he will include 2 nonveg assorted snacks and 1 veg assorted snacks, plus ven and non veg dinner with all the option including ice-cream (this entire menu does not include any fish or sea food) all unlimited.

Those who have been there earlier must be knowing that Sunny is expensive, hence Rs. 650 i would not say is cheap but is reasonable. A normal chicken tikka at Sunny will cost you 240 bucks. Another benefit here is we would get it in predefined way, nobody has run after tracking the order for each group. The only thing he is requesting is confirm the count, he wont mind if count increases. As of now i told him we will be 50 guys plus minus 10.

Other option is, we do not organize anything, we go there catch the table whichever is available, order our own food, track our own bills, seat in distributed locations. Or he organises everything in one place for us, exclusively and slightly disconnected from the usual crowd (so we get more space for muttergasti )

Open to you...

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th March 2009 at 16:08. Reason: Post edited. The rules are quite clear. Please respect them.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 11:50   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I also discussed the fixed menu option with him, he said Rs. 650 per person would be the charge (not negotiable) in this he will include 2 nonveg assorted snacks and 1 veg assorted snacks, plus ven and non veg dinner with all the option including ice-cream (this entire menu does not include any fish or sea food) all unlimited.

(so we get more space for muttergasti )

Open to you...[/b]
i think it is slightly expensive but if food is good, price doesn't matter.

what say guys.

ramie anna, where are you? your help required to fix the price.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th March 2009 at 16:09. Reason: Post edited. The rules are quite clear. Please respect them.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:06   #187
BHPian

Throttleking, thanks looking into the options.
One point is that there maybe a few veg only people like myself. Is S-D-D able to quote a veg only price for food?
Thanks
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:33   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
i think it is slightly expensive but if food is good, price doesn't matter.
Food in sunny da dhaba is excellent, thats my personal experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Throttleking, thanks looking into the options.
One point is that there maybe a few veg only people like myself. Is S-D-D able to quote a veg only price for food?
Thanks
He can give us some discount for only veg option but not much as he mentioned, if we give him exact count of veggies he can do the necessary changes. might just affect the price by 50 buck or so. Thats why he proposed combined option in 650rs.
Old 24th March 2009, 12:41   #189
BANNED

Hi Guys,

The deal sounds good but is slightly expensive from the vegetarian point of view. Going thru the names I think there will be about 6-7 vegetarians. Either he should reduce the veg pricing or increase a veg starter.

Viper

PS _ Can he specify how many dishes of both veg & non veg will be there in the main course as Once thats known we can judge if pricing is OK or not. In any which case I have no issues with the price already decided IF I am attending.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th March 2009 at 16:09. Reason: Post edited. The rules are quite clear. Please respect them.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:42   #190
BHPian

Yup...let the manager arrange everything!! Unlimited stuff....THAT IS GOOD!

Only thing....let us arrange to meet a little earlier...say 4ish?

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th March 2009 at 16:10. Reason: Post edited. The rules are quite clear. Please respect them. Also, please..dont..type...like...this. Thanks.
1self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:43   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Going thru the names I think there will be about 6-7 vegetarians. Either he should reduce the veg pricing or increase a veg starter.

Viper
The wheeler dealer has arrived folks !!
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:49   #192
BHPian

My 0.02 - thats a very reasonable price he has quoted,unlimited food plus a seating separate from the crowd makes it total VFM IMO
!self - agree with you there,meeting early would be better.I'll anyway be at Lion's point uphill by 4ish

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th March 2009 at 16:10. Reason: Post edited. The rules are quite clear. Please respect them.
maverick030581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 12:56   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Guys,

The deal sounds good but is slightly expensive from the vegetarian point of view. Going thru the names I think there will be about 6-7 vegetarians. Either he should reduce the veg pricing or increase a veg starter.

Viper
anyway he is providing assorted veg snacks mean variety and it is unlimited. so 2 snacks or or one veg platter is the same thing.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th March 2009 at 16:11. Reason: Post edited. The rules are quite clear. Please respect them.
Old 24th March 2009, 13:50   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1self View Post
Only thing....let us arrange to meet a little earlier...say 4ish?

I agree with 1self. 8 will be too late because as per IST it will be starting by 9 and can go on till pretty late.

4 seem good, then it will start by 6 and we can hope to finish by midnight . What say?
vabs78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 13:58   #195

Default Confirmed for a late entry

Team I am confirmed and will be taking out my car - however I will start late from Pune on account of a medical appointment at 7pm. Probably will reach by 9 at Sunny's

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Can someone print Name Tags for the guys coming to the meet? Will be a lot easier for everyone.
Vikram I can get it done - lets take a call on Friday regarding the confirmed list and I can print the tags - I suppose plain paper printing will do.

The only issue is I will be late:( I could drop the tags with you or Amey or someone else on Sat morning. Give me a ring at nine eight two three five two five seven seven eight and we can work this out.

cheers,
brij
brijwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote