Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

View Poll Results: I will join the meet if its on
26th March, Thursday 2 6.06%
27th March, Friday (Gudi Padwa) 3 9.09%
28th March, Saturday 22 66.67%
Any day is fine 6 18.18%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26th March 2009, 14:18   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F50 View Post
@ nishant - you can join Arpan & me. I think he has space, i mean space in his car
Thanks man. Will call you to coordinate. So that means one of you is not drinking?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 14:20   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
mmmmmjjjjjgggggmmmm - Are you confirmed?

Yes, you will be branded a Kalti King for reasons beyond your control.

*indirectly hinting at a certain Chembur resident with mafia tendencies*

I would rather not bring both The Wife and The GF together at any place - be it a dhaba or a fine dining spot.
Who's this new mafia tendencies person ? He's intending to get married isn't he ?

Nishant, no one gets her b/f and husband together at the meet either. Hint Hint.
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 14:40   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
no one gets her b/f and husband together at the meet either. Hint Hint.
oohhh, so you are the one because of whom Gautam and Shrikanth are not attending this meet....
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:16   #289
Senior - BHPian

Firstly im feeling bad i cant come. I would have loved to seriously.

Secondly Throttleking should be given a pat on the back to have taken the initiative, just adding my 2 bits.

No 650/- for this deal is not a good deal at all. I think the guys taking you for a ride.
I know, that money is not the issue but you could get a better deal in Bombay im sure. I think hes taking the "Its my way or the highway" Maxim a bit too seriously

My suggestion is that you call the guy and tell him that everyone finds the price too high for a menu this short and therefore until he adds value to the menu you will have to cancel. No reduction in price but add on to the menu.

You must ask him to include another non veg main course, at least two more veg main courses (only one veg main course is ridiculous for any price) + a dal/kadhi plus assorted Indian breads, a salad, a raita/curd and a dessert whether its an ice cream or a kulfi. All soft drinks etc to be included in the price and i hope its 650/- including taxes.

Im shocked he charges Rs. 240/- for a chicken tikka (thats crazy, does he give an entire chicken?) I would love to see what he charges for a tandoori.....Rs.600?-?? In some places like Delhi (Moti Mahal Deluxe) for instance, a chicken tikka is actually a tandoori chicken, so verify. If its the same old 6-8 pieces of chicken, hes fleecing you completely.

Regarding that hes going to give you an exclusive area, of course he will, where else does he expect to fit in 50 noisy guys??

At the rate he will be billing you for 50 persons X 650/- per head which = 32,500/-
Have you guys lost it??

I doubt he would be doing that much sale regularly. Im sure if you negotiate, he will bend. Imagine loosing loosing business of 30K. Ask at Tony da dhaba up ahead. Im sure you'll get a good deal

Driving all the way to lonavala almost and having a Dhabawalla fleece your pants out.... think about it again guys.

Quote:
It is quite simple guys i enjoy the bun maska at church gate at rs. 5 only but same bread butter will cost you bomb in 5 star hotel. but thik hai mai abhi jada tareef nahi karta, saala usane khana aur service bigada to tum log meri waat laga dalonge :P
Boss this place is not anywhere close to a grade I restaurant so dont compare it to a 5 star please, except with the rates.
Teri to waat lag gayi beta

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Shrivz,
I do not mind coming earlier and trying to re-negotiate. I will most probably be going earlier in the day to Khandala and will be staying there for the weekend. Will join the meet from there most probably if my Khandala plan is on else from Mumbai.
Viper
Jiggy call the guy and tell him you will cancel the booking as in Bombay you're getting a rate of 500/- and a bigger menu. Watch him add stuff to the menu then.

On second thought tell him youre gonna order a la carte..... youll land up paying at least 10k less. If he cribs that how he would be able to serve, tell him you guys will order say two veg and two non veg and the same with starters, by portion. its not that tough.

Your a la carte order should be for 50 pax (mind you, all priced at a higher rate than you will find on the menu im sure)

two veggie main course (say for 10 portions each assuming each dish is average Rs. 100/- including paneer etc) = 20X100 = 2000
2 non veg main course 16(8 each) portions @ 200/- = 16X200 = 3200
Dal for everyone 12 portions @ 75/- =12X75 = 900
Rice @ 70/- X 15 portions =15X75 =1125
starters 35 portions all @ 200 (avr or n/veg &veg) =35X200 = 7000
Rotis @ 100 (max) X 10 =100X10 =1000
MIsc exps (papad raita salad ice cream) =5000

TOTAL=20225

Do your math!!

For a large group, ask him for a 10-15% discount at menu rates.!!

Enjoy
V-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:27   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
two veggie main course (say for 10 portions each assuming each dish is average Rs. 100/- including paneer etc) = 20X100 = 2000
2 non veg main course 16(8 each) portions @ 200/- = 16X200 = 3200
Dal for everyone 12 portions @ 75/- =12X75 = 900
Rice @ 70/- X 15 portions =15X75 =1125
starters 35 portions all @ 200 (avr or n/veg &veg) =35X200 = 7000
Rotis @ 100 (max) X 10 =100X10 =1000
MIsc exps (papad raita salad ice cream) =5000

TOTAL=20225
im not going for the meet but been browsing this thread...

firstly 650 is a lot for what your getting.he has to increase it by 1-2 dishes for both veg and non veg.secondly just one type of bread(naan,roti) is bull s*^$. tell him there are 50 people and every one is going to have different wants.

secondly the prices are a lot higher than 100 for veg and 200 for non-veg.its more like 250 ish for veg and 350-400 ish for non-veg.rice is also around 200ish.but the portions are fairly large, 3 can share from most dishes.

my point is (since money isnt a problem here) instead of reducing the price he definitely has to add more, as suggested earlier.tell him hes going to lose out on a sale of 20-25 k if he doesnt come down.im sure tony will give you a better deal.

rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:30   #291
Distinguished - BHPian

Let Jiggy (viper) negotiate. Send a proper Gujarati to do this.

However don't send F50, they will charge more than 650/-
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:32   #292
BHPian

Jiggy Bhai, ThrottleKing, please firm up the menu, there;s no point in going there and finding out that Anda curry is non veg.

Thanks Gogibhai, that was a great insight into F&B numbers.

Cheers
M
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:38   #293
Senior - BHPian

I Totally agree with V16. With his suggested menu price at Sunny should be max 600 all inclusive. with soft drinks,sodas etc etc.
I recently paid 750 for a Full menu at a very upmarket restaurant at the race course!
Though a la carte will be a big confusion.
Someone will have to renegotiate! At 650 he should be serving Batair Makhani in the non veg option.

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th March 2009 at 18:24. Reason: Post edited. Please see rule #11.
scooby05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:45   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Jiggy Bhai, ThrottleKing, please firm up the menu, there;s no point in going there and finding out that Anda curry is non veg.

Thanks Gogibhai, that was a great insight into F&B numbers.

Cheers
M
That statement shattered my whole imagination. People waiting for him to serve and Anda Curry is served as nonveg, that will be nightmare.
Modifiedsachin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:46   #295
BHPian

Guys,

Rs 650 is way too high, it is not that we cannot pay but I find it waste of money for something that can be fetched at a cheaper price, I have been a regular at Sunny and believe me he has obnoxious rate card, he thinks he is Marriot of Old Pune highway.

I suggest we negotiate or find a solution, tell him recession time. If its Rs 650 then count me out or only starters will do for me & my friend mate. We both are veggie.

I think max Rs 400 is the right price for a veggie and maybe Rs 500 for non-veg.

Thanks.
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:52   #296
BHPian

guys hang-on for sometime, i am still in negotiations with him. let me clear some misconceptions here, he is not offering one bread or rice or one/two types of snack. it is all assorted, means multiple snack veg nonveg, roti naan paratha, salad papad raita and plus he also agreed to add more gravies as well means one mutton and chicken, 2 veg sabjis and all. whatever you want in whatever form you will get it unlimited. perhaps we can go there and tell him this is the menu we want and these many dishes, he is ready to serve. I am still talking to him since yesterday to break him on price. i told him that we are getting a better deal from Tony, but that didnt work, today morning i had a call with him and he is gonna confirm the price by evening.

If we dont get better price we have many option there tony babi papi pappa mamma and all

And if not that all, somebody please put up ideal menu at Rs.650 and we will get it done from him.

Last edited by throttleking : 26th March 2009 at 15:54.
throttleking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 16:26   #297
BANNED

Throttle King,

You are doing a great job buddy and am sure you will manage to strike a win win situation.

Just one thing that came to mind which you must clarify. If he is giving us the open area pls ask him to ensure that there are sufficient pedestal fans and lighting and provide mosquito coils as well.

This is not the best of weather we are in and if there are no fans can get very hot.

As far as vegetarians go guys since we are only 5-6 of us we might as well order A la Carte so "The Saint" don't worry and just be there.

Viper

PS- Am veg too.

Last edited by viper : 26th March 2009 at 16:29.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 16:45   #298
BHPian

Thanks Viper, I'm surely coming, are you confirmed?
The Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 18:35   #299

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post

We are meeting at Sentosa time it depends. Might be going for Slopes of Hell so leaving earlier.

Is there any particular time the Pune guys are meeting. Do let me know

Thanks
Abhishek
abhi_krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 19:28   #300
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Thanks Viper, I'm surely coming, are you confirmed?

Hi,

Yes I am 100% coming.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote