Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 10th April 2009, 13:33   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Guys, If its water we're looking out for , then why not Gandipet? Is there a resort or guest house by the lake that we can take up? If its only a day trip without accomodation, it wont gel along with our plans of chilling out. i reckon this can be a good outing in its own right with less travel and more chilling out.

At Rav's suggestion of Snow World : Machan , this place is only good for children who have never ever ever experienced snow.The venue's got ice crystals (real hard ones) and there is no "snow" feeling.Besides , you got some hireout jackets/shoes/socks/gloves and what not to wear before stepping in.Trust me you dont want to get close to this stuff.

Edit : Dream Valley resorts in Gandipet seems good . They have a go karting track , water parks and also some golfing!.Wouldnt this work out perfectly fine if we take out fuel costs and add it to the resort costing ?!?
But don't we all want a good drive as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
There is one more person joining from B'lore. Snaronikar has joined up. I suggest that we touch B'lore (Mjothi) before we finalise something. We do not want B'lore to blame us for ditching them.

Cheers,
I absolutely agree. AKROY refuses to take my bait for the . So its still only 5 people from B'lore and no one knows how many will actually make it. Unless we get confirmed confirmations, we will definitely need to have PlanB.

BTW RR and Pandey told me to put it on the forum that lets go to the movie in out T-BHP T-Shirts.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 15:36   #287
BHPian

Guys,

Meet pucca hai na? I am renewing my gym membership to get into some sort of shape to show off in my beach wear at the meet
NK@Hyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 16:28   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Guys,

Meet pucca hai na? I am renewing my gym membership to get into some sort of shape to show off in my beach wear at the meet
Kya NK, first you talk about hair transplant and now GYM, what full Show Off huh?

Meet is as confirmed as it can be. Suggest you keep checking these pages to keep your updated on the final venue
Old 10th April 2009, 19:47   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Kya NK, first you talk about hair transplant and now GYM, what full Show Off huh?
Shedding some spare tyres and donuts is not showing off
Old 11th April 2009, 10:49   #290
Team-BHP Support

Default Car Racing, RR,Good Food,Laughter- A heady combination

That was some kick-in backside meet last night with entire group turning up for the movie in the most appropriate attire one can think of---yeah, you guessed it right, all of us looked like black cat commandos raiding Prasadz to rescue the moving going citizens of hyderabad.

As per the now regular tradition for a pre-movie meet at my place which was decided late in the afternoon by RR and me. So it was only the lovers of good stuff turned up and along with continuing our confused discussion on where we going on the 25th/26th weekend, also caught up on some exciting and dramatic scenes from "Pulp Fiction" which reminds me, MC do return that movie after absorbing all it's pleasures

We reached the theatre just about in time to visit the place that you badly need to after having the good stuff--- i wouldn't want to elaborate the name of that place-----and dive into movie hall after saying a quick hello to all our folks.

The movie (Fast and Furious-4) was worse than a Need for Speed game and I always had the feeling that NFS was really bad in its AI, Design and Clarity. Well, after GT5, everything seems bad. Neeways, the movie is just about OKish and can be tolerated in the name of timepass.

We seem to keep bumping into Anurag_p80 in Prasadz, there seems to be some saath janamo ka bandhan with him, us and prasads, not necessarily in that order.

After movie ends and many contemplations and suggestions later on where to have a quick bite, Ravvs displayed great courage and risk to his membership by offering to take us to "sailing Annexxe" which is a formal club and our good 'ol RR who is known to take the long weekend quite seriously was in an attire that was supposedly not good enough for SA--which made me and RR dash to my home and get him into an oversized trouser and shoe that RR said made him look like--You can't touch this ( MC Hammer)

As predicted, it was no quick bite and we sank into SA's cozy AC environs and continued half-finished pre-movie activity with some amazing snacks ( Fish, Prawns, Chicken) followed by some good fish curry and rice which we wrapped up with a delicious fruit truffle

Did we leave immediately after this very late dinner? NO, we spent another 30-45 mins enjoying the beautiful sea-side ( ugggh...lakeside)view and some test rides and LBHB discussions of Laura by our knowledable MC finally bid a reluctant goodnight without deciding what will be our next steps for 25th/26th.

Oh No! I remember now, Hillram offered to book some rooms in Suryalanka using his contacts and will let us all know by Monday.

At the same time, Arun, if you can try for ITC guest house in Chirala,would be awesome. Btw, my pin tried hard to communicate with yours last night, it came back in a negative with a message---This pin is in bed ( alone..i mean..LOL) with a DO NOT DISTURB sign.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 12:15   #291
Senior - BHPian

oye! avinash, you guys went for the post movie quick-bite and you did not call me. I specifically said to you that if you guys are having a post movie session then call me.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 13:22   #292
Senior - BHPian

Yes as I promised i will pull some strings with APTDC to get some rooms at Suryalanka.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 13:47   #293
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
oye! avinash, you guys went for the post movie quick-bite and you did not call me. I specifically said to you that if you guys are having a post movie session then call me.
You know how it is Raj, in the midst of hulla gulla and discussion on where to go, it slipped the mind. Sorry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Yes as I promised i will pull some strings with APTDC to get some rooms at Suryalanka.
Can't wait for the good news Ram
Old 11th April 2009, 19:12   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Our good 'ol RR who is known to take the long weekend quite seriously was in an attire that was supposedly not good enough for SA--which made me and RR dash to my home and get him into an oversized trouser and shoe that RR said made him look like--You can't touch this ( MC Hammer)
Sounds like you guys had tonnes of fun, as usual.

Avi Sir, with RR wearing your trousers, was there any wardrobe malfunction at the club? If yes, would appreciate a more detailed description, pictures would be better
Old 12th April 2009, 11:24   #295
BHPian

Good morning Guys,

Jeez feels like I am the only hyderbad member awake on a sunday morning...any final plans for the Apr 25/26 destination? no posts on the topic so far, wanted to get everyone back on it??? .
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 11:40   #296
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Sounds like you guys had tonnes of fun, as usual.

Avi Sir, with RR wearing your trousers, was there any wardrobe malfunction at the club? If yes, would appreciate a more detailed description, pictures would be better
That was the exact concern of Mr.Rawal. He was hanging on to the trouser more than anyone would for their dear life. Unfortunately, for all of us the trouser stuck to Rajesh bhai as if it liked what it was touching so we were deprived of any wardrobe malfunctions ...LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Good morning Guys,

Jeez feels like I am the only hyderbad member awake on a sunday morning...any final plans for the Apr 25/26 destination? no posts on the topic so far, wanted to get everyone back on it??? .
Morning Chetan. As mentioned, just keep that weekend free, we are going somewhere. As of now, it is still going to be Suryalanka, so hang in there till we get the rooms booked.

@NK, hope you are in for 25/26? btw, it is going to be a first on hyderabad tbhp, an overnighter..i mean
Old 12th April 2009, 11:40   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Good morning Guys,

I've been awake since 4 am. Anyways meeting Hillram later on in the day so will confirm regarding the accommodation. Destination is confirmed. Its a SURYALANKA
Old 12th April 2009, 13:57   #298
BHPian

@ nk and mere bhai pandey ,apart from feeling/looking like mc hammer it took great effort to keep those trousers on ,for the first time i realised the importance of those' suspenders' which prof's used to attach to their pants.hehehe

i have decided to keep spare pants and shoes in the car from now on yaar .lol( jo maza chaddi pehen kar ghumne mein hai woh trousers mein kaha)

not sure why nk is so interested in knowing wardrobe malfunction tales ,arey bhai had there been one the treat would have been for the ladies yaar

hope the suryalanka bookings click courtesy hillram sir.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2009, 17:08   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

@NK, hope you are in for 25/26? btw, it is going to be a first on hyderabad tbhp, an overnighter..i mean
I am in, Sir. By the way, are we doing car pooling? I would love to bring my 3 month new i10. It has done only 500 Kms till now (owing to my working from home) and I would like to take it for a long run.
Old 12th April 2009, 19:40   #300
BHPian

Guys , guest house in Chirala is occupied over 25th weekend, so this will have to be a beach drive for a later date.Think positive :-)
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote