Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 13th April 2009, 14:36   #316
BHPian

Guys,

Got in touch with Sip N Dip, Chirala, 7 rooms are available, 4 A/C Rs. 650/- 3 Non-A/C Rs. 450/-. This is a franchisee club so anyone can book the rooms. I was not convinced about the chap I spoke to over phone. No info is available about the resort on the internet as well. Let me know what do you guys think. We can confiirm over phone, by 7PM today as they are weekend dates.
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 14:40   #317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Guys,

Got in touch with Sip N Dip, Chirala, 7 rooms are available, 4 A/C Rs. 650/- 3 Non-A/C Rs. 450/-. This is a franchisee club so anyone can book the rooms. I was not convinced about the chap I spoke to over phone. No info is available about the resort on the internet as well. Let me know what do you guys think. We can confiirm over phone, by 7PM today as they are weekend dates.
Its supposed to be a good place. If you search on the forum, there are a few travelogues where in people have gone and stayed at Chirala(Sip N dIP).

My vote is for SIP N DIP.

Good job DS
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 14:42   #318
BHPian

There's a fair bit of discussions about Sip n Dip on Flickr.Seems like a known place and only valid concern raised was that if arriving late, then its better to get your food from chirala town itself as they cook on requests only.

Here's a few photolink i found

Edit : lol its right beside the ITC guest house.We shall torture whoever booked that place before me!

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 13th April 2009 at 14:46.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 14:46   #319
BHPian

bhailog ,what i see in the chirala blog is more like a fish market on the beach yaar!

atleast suryalanka does not have all that !
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 14:52   #320
BHPian

Arun, Can you please talk to the guys at Sip N Dip, err my Telugu sounds more like Kannada . Can I PM the resort number?
downsouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 14:56   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
bhailog ,what i see in the chirala blog is more like a fish market on the beach yaar!

atleast suryalanka does not have all that !
Yes , that's true but the smell of fish is only at the time of hauling in their catch, once your in the water its cleaner than most and also your in safer surroundings if stuff is left on the shore. Personal experience (i mean "once upon a time,long long ago") is that chirala is more a private beach rather then a touristy kind in suryalanka.

Edit : i read on one of the blogs that the gang moved out from SipnDip into a place called Krishna Vamsi which was much much better.However im unable to pull up their contact details .

DS : I can have a word with them, no issues.

here's another review . says the same about the fishy smell , lol.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 13th April 2009 at 15:00.
Old 13th April 2009, 14:58   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Yes , that's true but the smell of fish is only at the time of hauling in their catch, once your in the water its cleaner than most and also your in safer surroundings if stuff is left on the shore. Personal experience (i mean "once upon a time,long long ago") is that chirala is more a private beach rather then a touristy kind in suryalanka.
sounds good then,i might come by train cause it seems 25th is working ,so will join the gang late evening( close to midnight)
Old 13th April 2009, 15:08   #323
BHPian

Quote:
sounds good then,i might come by train cause it seems 25th is working ,so will join the gang late evening( close to midnight)
brilliyant!simbly amajing! I was contemplating on how to skip work during the day and get on this drive , but i guess you got your priorities right and inspired me to do as well ! Hop into the NHC and we'll drive in the evening. what say ?
Old 13th April 2009, 15:14   #324
BHPian

Quote:
brilliyant!simbly amajing! I was contemplating on how to skip work during the day and get on this drive , but i guess you got your priorities right and inspired me to do as well ! Hop into the NHC and we'll drive in the evening. what say ?
i am game boss.

once you speak to the resort fellows ,post up who needs to pay what etc ,that way we can set the ball rolling on this one.

i would say go ahead and book 5 rooms (ac) considering we'll be 15 odd.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:18   #325
Team-BHP Support

Guys, we go together or we don't go. It's as simple as that !

Half the folks coming at a different time et.all will simply take the fun out of the trip. Driving to that place should be equally enjoyable as staying there.

Just my two cents !
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 15:20   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am also in the same boat, I mean I will join you.

PS: Though my cousin's wedding is in Guntur(which was intially planned in humpi ), I dont think my leave will be accepted.

EDIT:
@avi, please dont be spoils-sport, we are putting so much effort to be there.

@arun, instead of evening, we shall start around 4:00PM.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 13th April 2009 at 15:24.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 15:23   #327
BHPian

arey pandeyji look at the bigger picture man! rather than people backing out due to office people are joining in late. still they are coming isnt it
Old 13th April 2009, 15:27   #328
BHPian

5 rooms confirmed to a certain degree.He's keeping them on hold but Ive not discussed prices and told him Ill be in touch tomorrow morning to finalize the deal and make a transfer.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 13th April 2009 at 15:30.
Old 13th April 2009, 15:27   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
arey pandeyji look at the bigger picture man! ....
ya ya bigger picture; bigger the better.
You know my camera has only 5MP, with your DSLR, you can get a bigger picture.

ok, i know its a pj.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 15:35   #330
BHPian

Hyderabad-April Meets-chirala.jpg
Sigh , i wish our coast looked as blue as what google shows . Now this is what you call bigger picture , lol. Hmmmmm I quite like that Lankavanidibba location on the map.