Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2009, 15:42   #331
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

as per the weather in chirala -saturday 25th - high 41 degrees ,lows 27 degrees

26th -sunday- high 39 degrees ,lows (who cares ,we'll be in our ac/cooler rooms by that time)

moonlight on 25th night ,pandeyji perfect setting to tell you stories and mermaid searching.

OT: Deccan chargers merchandise are available now at puma stores and online on their site.

i like the dc puma shirt ,should pick it up in a day or two!

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 13th April 2009 at 15:44.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 15:55   #332
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

I am sure avi got the BIG picture now.(We all did)

Nice find there arun,
That place does look like a good size town.

It appears that place is where the river krishna meets bay of bengal. We can do this some other time.

PS: The perfect offroad vehicle(helicopter ) would be a great one in this place.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 13th April 2009 at 16:03.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 16:04   #333
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

While travelling a sardar was carrying a binocular with him.
But he never seemed to use it while looking outside the window.
A co-passenger who was travelling with him asked why he was carrying binoculars.
The sardar simply said …
“I am on my way to see a distant relative.”




cant help but post this here.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 16:57   #334
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Awesome job DS and Arun!!! Just fix up the rate and we will transfer the money to whoever is transfering.And please do it pronto.

As a matter of fact even I work on Saturday but was planning to take leave.If taking leave is not possible for some folks then I suggest that they take half day and we all start together by 2PM.

My 2 PAISA
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 16:59   #335
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,515
Thanked: 7,189 Times
Default

Even if you guys start at 4pm ( which maybe unlikely) you wont be able to reach before 12AM ( that will be the soonest) as traffic on that route would be horrific and i dont see what is the point of reaching that late when half of the folks would be out of their senses by then and ready to hit the bed

And, we again will head back next day at 1pm latest so as to reach back to Hyd by late night. So it's as good as just meeting for breakfast in Suryalanka...LOL

Hmmm...i am not so sure of my participation now, sorry guys, keep me in tentative list
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 17:03   #336
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

In light of the below statements, I guess its better to scrap this trip altogether.

P.S.: We are becoming no different than B'lore guys
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 17:05   #337
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
PS: The perfect offroad vehicle(helicopter ) would be a great one in this place.
Let me give you the jist of the storyline before we go offroading and plan this trip.


Year 2009 : When i was 28, I met a guy called MC from Team-bhp.Full of energy this bloke was.There was never an end to any conversation until he had his fill!.on the same lines , he started off one day

"Hi! , I'd like to buy myself a Bolero because i love driving in the mountains and i enjoy my fried chicken so much! "

Everyone within the group were startled and a Mumbaikar by the name of RR replied

" Raapchik MC bhai! Dekh tu shendi math lagaao sabko"

Taking cue from RR , we had our very own Mobike reply back

" yeh kali pili dimak kaiku karab kararah MC miya ?"

MC couldnt control his emotions on how his bolero purchase was being disregarded.He quenched his thirst (not for the last time) and looked like a bloke who was speaking from a vast experience in offroading.But In all honesty we were all eagerly waiting to see what he has to say in reply.

" I WILL sell my UNO and BUY the Bolero! , trust me "

Oh i just remembered, we had this witty lawyer pal amongst us as well and he quipped

"Dude MC , let me tell you something i learnt in law school . when you declare a commitment you should also decide in which category it falls in , ABLE , UNABLE or LAMENTABLE . Ab mein zyada aur bhi gyan bol saktha , leken thu kaunsa category main hai , woh bol pehle. My personal opinion is your Bolero call is a lamentable decision"

Startled by this strong critism , MC is ruffled and says

" Yaar, i'll get back to you once i understand what your saying, but mera glass kahan goom hogaya ?? "

Absinthguzzler decides get a fresh glass for MC and look for the misplaced one in the kennel (no kidding!) and avoids a break in MC's quest of buying the Bolero

"Take this one dude. Guess what though , If at all you get your ride and whenever that is , we spotted an amazing place near Chirala .River meeting Sea and what not ! mast place but we need you to drive us there in your 4x4 .

MC finally is happy on two counts , the new glass in his hand and also some recognition to his bolero purchase.With gleaming eyes and a smile big enough to challenge a new moon, he says

" Done! I'll do my research on T-bhp, speak to the gurus and finalise a deal Gurkha , Gypsy, Bolero , Sumo , Judo , Blackbelt, Samurai whatever it is Im buying it soon!"

Fastforward to the current year 2020 : Storyline same as above and we have not made the offroading trip yet
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 17:23   #338
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Let me give you the jist of the storyline before we go offroading and plan this trip.


Year 2009 : When i was 28, I met a guy called MC from Team-bhp.Full of energy this bloke was.There was never an end to any conversation until he had his fill!.on the same lines , he started off one day

"Hi! , I'd like to buy myself a Bolero because i love driving in the mountains and i enjoy my fried chicken so much! "

Everyone within the group were startled and a Mumbaikar by the name of RR replied

" Raapchik MC bhai! Dekh tu shendi math lagaao sabko"

Taking cue from RR , we had our very own Mobike reply back

" yeh kali pili dimak kaiku karab kararah MC miya ?"

MC couldnt control his emotions on how his bolero purchase was being disregarded.He quenched his thirst (not for the last time) and looked like a bloke who was speaking from a vast experience in offroading.But In all honesty we were all eagerly waiting to see what he has to say in reply.

" I WILL sell my UNO and BUY the Bolero! , trust me "

Oh i just remembered, we had this witty lawyer pal amongst us as well and he quipped

"Dude MC , let me tell you something i learnt in law school . when you declare a commitment you should also decide in which category it falls in , ABLE , UNABLE or LAMENTABLE . Ab mein zyada aur bhi gyan bol saktha , leken thu kaunsa category main hai , woh bol pehle. My personal opinion is your Bolero call is a lamentable decision"

Startled by this strong critism , MC is ruffled and says

" Yaar, i'll get back to you once i understand what your saying, but mera glass kahan goom hogaya ?? "

Absinthguzzler decides get a fresh glass for MC and look for the misplaced one in the kennel (no kidding!) and avoids a break in MC's quest of buying the Bolero

"Take this one dude. Guess what though , If at all you get your ride and whenever that is , we spotted an amazing place near Chirala .River meeting Sea and what not ! mast place but we need you to drive us there in your 4x4 .

MC finally is happy on two counts , the new glass in his hand and also some recognition to his bolero purchase.With gleaming eyes and a smile big enough to challenge a new moon, he says

" Done! I'll do my research on T-bhp, speak to the gurus and finalise a deal Gurkha , Gypsy, Bolero , Sumo , Judo , Blackbelt, Samurai whatever it is Im buying it soon!"

Fastforward to the current year 2020 : Storyline same as above and we have not made the offroading trip yet
ROTFL . Man you need to be a writer and not do whatever you do. Offroading trips will definitely happening ( as the British say it) at the opportune moment in the fullness of time . After all, Haste leads to Waste. So keep watching this page.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 13th April 2009 at 17:30.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 17:33   #339
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

hahaha! arun you bet mc would be standing right outside the mahindra showroom now.hehehe man this is crazy.

ok now to some serious gyaan/suggestion.

firstly pandeyji: sir no meet can be complete without you .period.

a little background now:

since the earliest i can venture out is 2pm ( as i dont have the bb and cannot work from home),i had planned to take the train to bapatla/chirala and join you guys.its just me who will walk in late man.(though arun and raj(whom we never counted)lol got inspired ) still we coming people.

dont tell me you guys will wind up by midnight ,its a beach party man ,it supposed to be on till sunrise.

now lets stop making statements like 'lets call it off' etc and make this happen.

p.s: arun i am in splits man ,big time ,reading the judo ,samurai thing ,hahahahaha

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 13th April 2009 at 17:37.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 17:40   #340
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

We can set up your mail account on my BB and for double surety even on Avi's BB !!Dont tell me you have to be stuck at office purely for mail access ??.

PS , Ive just taken 25-28th off from work quoting that Im off to Kerala on a rehabilitation camp. Yet to get a reply back for the mail but think positive :-)

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 13th April 2009 at 17:53.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 17:47   #341
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
We can set up your mail account on my BB and for double surety even on Avi's BB !!Dont tell me you have to be stuck at office purely for mail access ??.

PS , Ive just taken 25-28th off from work quoting that Im off to Kerala on a health rehabilitation camp. Yet to get a reply back for the mail but think positive :-)
arey yaar ,ok it goes this way ,i am on leave starting 30th april ,taking additional leave on 25th wont work for me.

have to be in office in person man!
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 17:52   #342
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
arey yaar ,ok it goes this way ,i am on leave starting 30th april ,taking additional leave on 25th wont work for me.

have to be in office in person man!
"Boss , I was exposed to anthrax yesterday and don't feel too good." Try this on 25th Morning

better still ,

Sir , Constipation sir , Its made me a walking talking bomb sir
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 17:53   #343
Senior - BHPian
 
MileCruncher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,985
Thanked: 351 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
hahaha! arun you bet mc would be standing right outside the mahindra showroom now.hehehe man this is crazy.

ok now to some serious gyaan/suggestion.

firstly pandeyji: sir no meet can be complete without you .period.

a little background now:

since the earliest i can venture out is 2pm ( as i dont have the bb and cannot work from home),i had planned to take the train to bapatla/chirala and join you guys.its just me who will walk in late man.(though arun and raj(whom we never counted)lol got inspired ) still we coming people.

dont tell me you guys will wind up by midnight ,its a beach party man ,it supposed to be on till sunrise.

now lets stop making statements like 'lets call it off' etc and make this happen.

p.s: arun i am in splits man ,big time ,reading the judo ,samurai thing ,hahahahaha
RR I'll set up the wireless internet on the go on your laptop and you can work on the way as well.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 18:03   #344
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

sent both of you a pm
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 18:10   #345
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Acha , tell me somethin RR , now all you techie blokes/blokies have to change full body lingo,working styles, social entertainment styles and all huh ? what from Satyamites and now Mahindrites .

Would this be an oppurtune time where all the girls..oops ladies are vulnerable with dual personalities ?? Maybe an outsider like meself can offer some comforts?? .I'm sure this techie world is a whole new ballgame and I probably need to know how to write Java code for Love and what not but can i manage by talkin about how our body's are condemned souls of dead people on another planet called earth ??

Jeez flipping sweet mother of the holy cow,I dont know what i had for lunch today coz I'm on a roll!

Oh no ! I might be up for infraction

Edit : Maybe we can do a cultural exchange program but you'll have to be content with 'mallipoo and jeans" types from my office, lol.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 13th April 2009 at 18:15.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hyderabad srisailam nagarjunsagar hyderabad warangal hyderabad pravdr Travelogues 61 2nd May 2010 21:52
Hyderabad BHPians - Pls advice - Travelling to Hyderabad on 24th April roadracer Shifting gears 9 20th April 2010 14:56
Hyderabad: 13/14th Oct. Any Quick Meets/Plans? khan_sultan The Team-BHP Meet Section 46 16th October 2008 16:52
April 2008 Cochin - 4 days of meets and 1 great drive! rippergeo The Team-BHP Meet Section 247 12th April 2008 11:04
mini meets in hyderabad kkr2k2 The Team-BHP Meet Section 116 2nd January 2008 15:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks