Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 13th April 2009, 18:15   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Jeez flipping sweet mother of the holy cow,I dont know what i had for lunch today coz I'm on a roll!
seriously dude! its like being akshay kumar ,first you give a hit with 'singh is king' and then you give a super flop 'cc2c'

the mc bolero thing was singh is king for me and this one went over my head man.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 20:45   #347
Senior - BHPian

Default Why only 25th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
hahaha! arun you bet mc would be standing right outside the mahindra showroom now.hehehe man this is crazy.
Nice to see HRH - RR, plugging for products from Mahindra group from day 1!

Do you think that all you TechMaha-s can put in a word to M&M and get our MC a huuuuuge discount on the Bolero/Scorpio/CJ/540 or whatever it is he keeps threatening to buy? Incidentally, does Mahindra make helicopters?

My dear Mobike and HRH-RR - If you guys are not there to enliven the drive - what is the point of the drive? I guess the rest of us are quite cool with putting it off for a bit (maybe till June) due to the unforseen turn of events.

We could do a quick trip to N'sagar / Karimnagar on 26th. An alternative is a 1 and 1/2 day trip to Srisailam or N'Sagar, leaving on 25th and returning on 26th. We could also leave a little late and do a non-stop drive to Hampi on 25th if B'lore is OK for that meet.

Lol Absynth - you missed your calling man - you should write! Never too late as they say.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 21:15   #348
BHPian

Guys , what say we leave at lunchtime . Cover the 290odd km in 5hours max , be there around 6pm . Settle down in the rooms , have our fills , organise a bonfire on the beach , dance to the kiwi haka or aborigine kuranda until the sun rises , wait for the fisherman to set sail , enjoy a breakkie in a proper hotel and drive back by lunchtime on sunday to get some much needed rest.

Now who wants to say no to such a mad 24hours?. If anyone raises their finger , I'd tell them to leave the HYD gang alone, and go have a taste of humps that B'lore folks seem to enjoy in their very own city!

You have been warned :-) This mad trip is happening and we all are leaving 25th lunchtime 1ish.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 21:32   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys , what say we leave at lunchtime . Cover the 290odd km in 5hours max , be there around 6pm . Settle down in the rooms , have our fills , organise a bonfire on the beach , dance to the kiwi haka or aborigine kuranda until the sun rises , wait for the fisherman to set sail , enjoy a breakkie in a proper hotel and drive back by lunchtime on sunday to get some much needed rest.

Now who wants to say no to such a mad 24hours?. If anyone raises their finger , I'd tell them to leave the HYD gang alone, and go have a taste of humps that B'lore folks seem to enjoy in their very own city!

You have been warned :-) This mad trip is happening and we all are leaving 25th lunchtime 1ish.
I'm in. Please book the rooms ASAP and please let us know how do we transfer money to you.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2009, 21:54   #350
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

Quote:

Sounds good. For once a non-stop run instead of our usual 'laal-gaadi' ones with more time spent on halts en-route.

The tank has new footwear and is ready! (Notice I said footwear and not rubber).

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 09:36   #351
BHPian

Don't wanna be a spoilsport, but the Sip n Dip isn't a great place, it smells fishy, and its not a resort more like a guesthouse used for _ , you can fill the blank. The rooms are dirty not maintained. Picasa Web Albums - Wish-Master - Suryalanka .
romyeo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 09:50   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romyeo4u View Post
Don't wanna be a spoilsport, but the Sip n Dip isn't a great place, it smells fishy, and its not a resort more like a guesthouse used for _ , you can fill the blank. The rooms are dirty not maintained. Picasa Web Albums - Wish-Master - Suryalanka .
I think it was your travelogue only that I had refered to before going to Suryalanka in Dec.

Anyways, what say folks, do we take a chance on APTDC or book/confirm Chirala?
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 10:06   #353
BHPian

There is another venue called Krihna Vamsi Sea Coast Guest House thats mentioned on one of the blogs.Apparently they shifted from SipnDip to this one.

So what we can probably do is just drive down and jump over hurdles as they come.what say ? Or does everyone want things to be planned , lol .

I MISS ARUNACHAL !
Old 14th April 2009, 10:36   #354
BHPian

Guys , Hold your horses! I'm just getting a certain Mr Fixit in Guntur to confirm any good hotel/guesthouse( ITC or VST or Marlboro Merchants) booking in Suryalanka or Chirala .
Old 14th April 2009, 19:29   #355
Senior - BHPian

My horse is on hold for almost 9 hours now!

absynthguzzler, What is the update?
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 20:13   #356
BHPian

Mr Fixit said : Ive got you a fisherman's house" lol .
Absinthe said : What you mean fisherman's house ???? "
Mr Fixit said : No sir , he's got some cottages and Ive booked 5 Ac rooms "
Absinthe said : Is it Sip n Dip ?"
Mr Fixit said : I dont know , all i know is its the fisherman's house!
Absinthe : He's got 5 Ac rooms in his house ?!? , thats dodgy but anyways , find out the name of the place , If its Sip n Dip , i dont want
Mr Fixit : Ok sir , ill call and let you know
Absinthe : There's a resort called Jolly Homes in Ramapuram , check that out as well .
Old 14th April 2009, 20:25   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Sounds good. For once a non-stop run instead of our usual 'laal-gaadi' ones with more time spent on halts en-route.
Now where is that emoticon that goes tapping it's fingers on the table. Ravvee, ERC would you? :-)

Last edited by suren181 : 14th April 2009 at 20:27.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 21:13   #358
Team-BHP Support

Ok, its time to get a bit serious here and not take out the main essence of this thread. I am outlining the head-count again for people who lost track of this entire meet.

Date of Trip : April 25th/April 26
Destination : Suryalanka Beach Resort
Leave Hyderabad : April 25th early morning
Back to Hyderabad: April 26th night

1) Milecruncher + 1
2) Mobike008
3) Downsouth + 1
4) Rajesh.Rawal
5) Absynthguzzler
6) Hillram + 1
7 Ravveendrra +1
8) NK
9) Kkrk2
10) Suren181

As discussed, it is going to be car-pool with fuel shared by all occupants. I am listing the cars that we will take along.

Viva CRDi ( 4 People)
Skoda Laura ( 4 People)

So who all else want to bring their car along. I think we may need another 2-3 cars max?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2009, 21:15   #359
BHPian

1) Milecruncher + 1
2) Mobike008
3) Downsouth + 1
4) Rajesh.Rawal
5) Absynthguzzler
6) Hillram + 1
7 Ravveendrra +1
8) NK
9) Kkrk2
10) Suren181

As discussed, it is going to be car-pool with fuel shared by all occupants. I am listing the cars that we will take along.

Viva CRDi ( 4 People)
Skoda Laura ( 4 People)
NHC (4people)
----------------
Total 12 so no more vehicle additions until headcount goes up

Hmm , a peted CRDI and Laura to keep up with (and to top it all , both have got wider rubber even!) . I'm having doubts now , lol .

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 14th April 2009 at 21:16.
Old 14th April 2009, 21:16   #360
BHPian

I'd like to bring my car. And you guys again missed Pulsar 56
NK@Hyd is offline   Reply With Quote