Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 17th April 2009, 14:52   #436
Senior - BHPian

Nice to see all the progress - thanks and kudos guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
i believe this is nk's ride.

naresh mere bhai hope you are confident doing this stretch.(am not contesting your driving skills ,but since your ride has the the L sticker..so wondering)

are you allowed to venture on the highway with the 'L' board on your ride?
No problem about that @ HRH - RR, if Naresh is uncomfortable one of you guys who are planning to loll about in the back seat can take over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
5 AC Double Rooms booked at Bhavana Residency, Bapatla for 25th night. Booking is from noon 25th to noon 26th.

Room rent : Rs 600/Room
Non AC: Rs 350/room
Forget the non-A/c. rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Chimata Resorts - and this

Also another thing i never understood was Sip n Dip shows up on Country club website. Until now , i was under the impresssion that the place is a shack built by a local.But surely if Country club has taken it up , then there must be some level of standard that they maintain! Country Club
LOL Arun, it was never a shack but romeyo mentioned something about the use(s) that the place was being put to.

With our gang there, all the shady guys would leave ASAP, so that should be ok too.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 16:22   #437
BHPian

Guys, here's the update : 2 guest houses and 1 resort .

1st Guest house : All to ourselves but it has only 2 bedrooms. If this option is taken then the ladies can take up the 2 bedrooms and the gents will take up the Living room with mattresses which will be arranged by the owners. This is on the beach itself.This has been confirmed as backup plan.

2nd Guest House
:This is the ITC Guest house . Its actually booked from the 25th Evening but we know the people who have booked 3 rooms. They are willing to give these 3 rooms on 25th for our usage.

3rd option : Jolly Homes resort.Mr Fixit has not yet got back to me in this regard but instead he has arranged the 1st choice. He's still working on Jolly Homes and other known guest houses to see what will be free during the 25th weekend for 16 people min!

4th : Sip n Dip as per my Dad was good about 3-4 yrs back and is indeed shady now . Now i dont know what standards my dad is taking as the yardstick , but I've said no to the choice although its available .

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 17th April 2009 at 16:24.
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 16:30   #438
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

1st Guest house : All to ourselves but it has only 2 bedrooms. If this option is taken then the ladies can take up the 2 bedrooms and the gents will take up the Living room with mattresses which will be arranged by the owners. This is on the beach itself.This has been confirmed as backup plan.

2nd Guest House :This is the ITC Guest house . Its actually booked from the 25th Evening but we know the people who have booked 3 rooms. They are willing to give these 3 rooms on 25th for our usage.

3rd option : Jolly Homes resort.Mr Fixit has not yet got back to me in this regard but instead he has arranged the 1st choice. He's still working on Jolly Homes and other known guest houses to see what will be free during the 25th weekend for 16 people min!

4th : Sip n Dip as per my Dad was good about 3-4 yrs back and is indeed shady now . Now i dont know what standards my dad is taking as the yardstick , but I've said no to the choice although its available .
That's some cool work Arun. I am game for Option 1 or Option 2

Btw, i dont see more than 2-3 ladies accompanying us. So actually, 1 room for them should be enough.

Also, I am quite sure all of us have not much problems in adjusting on mattress as long as an AC is available
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 16:55   #439
BHPian

5th option is the one which anirudha has booked right in bapatla town
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 17:16   #440
Team-BHP Support

Some Updates. Ram, cannot make it for this trip. He got a long more awesome trip coming up next to our weekend trip. He is more excited about that

@Ram, let's discuss more on that offline

Date of Trip : April 25th/April 26
Destination : Suryalanka Beach Resort
Leave Hyderabad : April 25th at 7:00AM
Back to Hyderabad: April 26th night
Meeting Point : Absynthguzzler's Home, Tarnaka Crossroads

1) Milecruncher + 1
2) Mobike008
3) Downsouth + 1
4) Rajesh.Rawal
5) Absynthguzzler
7 Ravveendrra +1
8) NK
9) Kkrk2
10) Suren181+1 ( Tentative)
11) Pulsar56

Total Headcount : 13

As discussed, it is going to be car-pool with fuel shared by all occupants. I am listing the cars that we will take along.

Viva CRDi ( 4 People)
Skoda Laura ( 4 People)
NHC ( 4 People)
Hyundai i10 ( 4 People)
Maruti Zen ( 4 People)
Old 17th April 2009, 20:24   #441
Senior - BHPian

True Avi..Im all kicked up about our Mahabaleswar drive.Others can join too.This is being planned for 9th & 10th May.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2009, 23:14   #442
Senior - BHPian

Default My vote for the beach house.

Quote:

2nd Guest House :This is the ITC Guest house . Its actually booked from the 25th Evening but we know the people who have booked 3 rooms. They are willing to give these 3 rooms on 25th for our usage.

To my mind - there is no question about it - Only option 1. No neighbours to disturb etc. Nothing like having a place all to ourselves. As long as we have A/c. matress and some sheets i.e. if we do not crash out on the beach - it is perfect!

Think about it guys - a place on the beach which is all ours or something else...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
True Avi..Im all kicked up about our Mahabaleswar drive.Others can join too.This is being planned for 9th & 10th May.

Excuse me gentlemen , but by my calculation there are a clear 2 weeks i.e. 14 days or half a month between the 25th and 9th. So what is the problem with doing both?!

Cheers
Old 17th April 2009, 23:25   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Excuse me gentlemen , but by my calculation there are a clear 2 weeks i.e. 14 days or half a month between the 25th and 9th. So what is the problem with doing both?!

Cheers
Gentlemen! I am on Vacation and RR is also on Vacation and visiting our hometowns during that time! Can you please shift the dates!
I am leaving on 7th May and back in Hyderabad on 17th May!
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2009, 10:44   #444
Team-BHP Support

@Ravvs, I told Arun the same. Less rooms, no problem. No bed, no problem, AC-problem solved.

Most importantly, we should be close to the whoosh whoosh sound of the waves, what can beat that feeling?

Last edited by mobike008 : 18th April 2009 at 10:45.
Old 18th April 2009, 10:55   #445
BHPian

Well , the guest house is booked for us definitely , so there are no issues there.

Even with the AC and what not, i know for sure once you guys experience the sea breeze on the terrace , you'll be pullling out the mattresses to be laid up there and to experience a morning sunrise over the horizon? I know Ive chosen my spot for the where i want to sleep(as if) , lol .

Fantasies apart , I will be getting resort confirmation by this evening. So I wont indulge all you guys into selecting from the choices and will declare the venue soon :-) . Rest assured that it will be chosen on few factors

a) Freedom to scream
b) Freedom to run wild onto the sea shore ...... and the waves
c) Freedom of mind .... the ones who want to loose control shall be allowed to as long it doesn't spoil everybody's evening.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 18th April 2009 at 10:56.
Old 18th April 2009, 21:08   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
hillram sir ,hope you have added 3 days for this trip ,as mahableshwar would be like 500+ one way ,so its not a sat sun thing ,put 3 days for sure.
Old 19th April 2009, 11:57   #447
Team-BHP Support

Another 6 days to go. Looks like they are going to be the longest and most excruciating 6 days of my life.............................
Old 19th April 2009, 14:51   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Another 6 days to go. Looks like they are going to be the longest and most excruciating 6 days of my life.............................
We can do 6 mini meets to make up.LOL
Old 20th April 2009, 08:32   #449
Senior - BHPian

Default Phew - what a relief!

I logged on after two days fully expecting half a dozen pages of absolute delight. I was a tad disappointed, but also relieved, to find only a few posts.

Quote:
Well , the guest house is booked for us definitely , so there are no issues there.

Even with the AC and what not, i know for sure once you guys experience the sea breeze on the terrace , you'll be pullling out the mattresses to be laid up there and to experience a morning sunrise over the horizon? I know Ive chosen my spot for the where i want to sleep(as if) , lol .

Fantasies apart , I will be getting resort confirmation by this evening. So I wont indulge all you guys into selecting from the choices and will declare the venue soon :-) . Rest assured that it will be chosen on few factors

a) Freedom to scream
b) Freedom to run wild onto the sea shore ...... and the waves
c) Freedom of mind .... the ones who want to loose control shall be allowed to as long it doesn't spoil everybody's evening.
That should hit the spot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
We can do 6 mini meets to make up.LOL
LOL yeah!! We can do one in hounour of the newbie - the GTX! I can assure you guys that the car is an absolute delight. I had a wide grin on my face right through that 700 Km drive from aamchi Mumbai!! IfI can have a few kinks ironed out before this week-end we can change the 'Laura' in the list to 'GTX'.

Cheers,
Old 20th April 2009, 09:01   #450
BHPian

Wohooooo , congrats Ravs! Good to know ........ oh by the way , I'm headed to a certain Prabu's workshop this morning , you wanna tag along for the kinks ?