Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 27th April 2009, 11:42   #631
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
i will start posting once the write up and pics are there,it would be more fun then!

trust me this trip/meet was the best we've had so far.
Rajesh Bhai, you guys are making all of us jealous now!!!

The teaser is good enaough reason to believe that you guys had a great time..now show it to the world!!
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 12:04   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Rajesh Bhai, you guys are making all of us jealous now!!!

The teaser is good enaough reason to believe that you guys had a great time..now show it to the world!!
hehehe.firstly brajesh bhai and chetan it was so nice to hear from you during our trip.got the feeling you guys missed it the most.

arey sir there was so much happening that trust me ,once the pics are up it would be more fun to talk about.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 12:08   #633
BHPian

Spectacles lost : Check
T-Shirt lost : Check
Tooth brush forgotten in hotel : Check
Baywatch girls were not missed because we had our very own Pamela Andersons : Check
Phone charger lost : Check
Tracks filled with 3kgs of beach sand : Check
Skin tone changed from brown to dark chocolate : Check
All "water" bottles are empty before returning : Check
I feel like going back with a bigger group : CHECK!!!!!

Ahhh , this was the most perfect trip for me :-)
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 13:08   #634
Senior - BHPian

Default Hellow.

Hyderabad-April Meets-img_7408.jpg

Towel Misplaced : CHECK
Boxer briefs Misplaced : CHECK
Shorts Misplaced : CHECK
Skin tone changed from brown to chocolate: CHECK
Damaged(Scratched) the sun shades: CHECK
Sore throat; running nose : CHECK

PS: If any one of you have found a polythene bag with a wet towel, a boxer brief and a pair of shorts, please let me know.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 27th April 2009 at 13:13.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 13:55   #635
Senior - BHPian

Raj..what is the relevance between this lorry pic and your lost wet property? can you explain me? or the excessive Sun has some effects on you?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 13:56   #636
BHPian

If you guys could only encash all these checks you've been getting........:P
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 13:59   #637
Senior - BHPian

anurag...we would have a bunch of Check-mates !!!!!!!!1
Old 27th April 2009, 14:20   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
anurag...we would have a bunch of Check-mates !!!!!!!!1
LOL...

OT: Saar, time to update the signature don't you think?
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:22   #639
Team-BHP Support

Default HYD TBHP Suryalanka Trip : Teaser Report

Alright, Before Ravvs comes up with his splendid write-up, i am quickly outlining a teaser for you all good folks who missed out on this action,fun-filled trip. Though, we are back in town but,the hangover of that fun and frolick is still ruining the day. What a marvellous trip which was a combination of high speed driving,baywatch babes, lovely beaches, great seafood,good road,bad roads,lots of humps ( pun un-intended) and tons and tons of posters of movie " Billa" splattered across Guntur and Chirala and me and Rajesh could not keep our eyes away from them reasons being known to all.

As scheduled, for a change everyone turned up on time (7:00AM) at Arun's place ( included me) and after a quick contemplation of which additional car to take on this trip ( remember, mine and Ravvenddra's car was already included) and when we saw our man ( NKHyd) come along with his dad as company who wanted to make sure his "Ladla" was in perfect hands, we decided that he should just let his car take some more rest and take along Pulsar56's big-hearted Zen with a driver aching to hit the highway in full gusto.This decision made NK's dad sigh out in relief as NK would not be driving and is in hands of matured individuals ( I doubt, are we that?). Pleasantries completed, we were on our way at about 7:30AM and within no time we were on the highway and were sprinting along in our usual style. Imagine, two pete'd cars ( Viva CRDi and Skoda Laura) and a big-hearted Zen ( which got a recent heart transplant.a.ka 1.3 Esteem engine), it was some blistering speeds on the highway.At around 9am, we halted for breakfast and had some OK'sh, Paranthas, Egg Burje, Omlettes and Hot cuppas. In our inimitable style we took our time pulling each others leg and in between finding some time to talk a bit technical ( you know about cars et.all) which took over an hour before we strapped ourselves back in the car.Till here, it was Pulsar56 who was getting a feel of the car and was quick in spurts and bursts. And, then Absynthguzzler took over the wheel and gave the young fella a tip or two about highway driving specially with respect to overtaking and quick decision making and oh boy! did those tips work later on. We all saw a different dude on the wheel when Pulsar56 tookover,he was doing good speeds and almost sticking to our butt through out the trip with occasional passes. We were driving with so much focus and urgency that showed how badly we fit into a car ( Don't we rather like sitting across a table with beverages, good food and lots of laughter more?).

Despite advice to take Nagarjuna sagar road from NH9, we decided to sharply cut right at Narkatpally towards the Guntur road. This road is fabulous except for sudden emergence of humps which each one of us experienced atleast once. No markings of breakers and they instantly flash across your eyes which ensure you're flying for a good 3 seconds. This route being shorter we made fast progress and reached Guntur (300kms) around 12:30pm. At some point, Rajesh mentioned that we should have a chopper monitoring these 3 fast moving TBHP cars a.k.a "COPS" style, if wishes were horses, i would own a stable full of stallions. After reaching Guntur town, we spent over half hour to criss cross through various short-cuts that Absynthguzzler knew and guided us to a restuarant which was in a basement thankfully. Thankfully, due to outside temparature being 40C, the minute we stepped in it was like entering into a cool dungeon. Damp, Cold and slightly dim. Here we spent a good 2 hours over lunch and had some great food. This reminds me that during the entire trip me and Rajesh did some deep rooted,culinary related study on Prawns. Tried it everywhere and left behind our invaluable certification with our signatures with respective management's of the hotels..LOL....Reluctantly and drowsily, we stepped out in the hot sun at 3:00pm and headed towards our destination and enroute all of us stopped at a loud whistle. I for a second thought, it were the cops who wanted to provide us with a convoy but unfortunately,it turned out to be some sound coming from my front right wheel. We spent 30 minutes figuring out what the heck could be the problem with Ravvs and Absynth providing their inputs including sliding under the car to check if no living being got stuck there...LOL. We identified that the sound was coming from the brake pads and we drove with that screeching sound for about half a km. Suddenly, the gods came down from heaven and that sound disappeared. It could have been some stone stuck in the gap in the pads or something. After this small hiccup, we reached the destination around 4:30pm and quickly changed into Baywatch gear and headed out towards a private beach ( thanks to Absynthguzzler) which is owned by ITC.

6:00pm-8:30pm was some quality time at the private, serene beach with nobody except us on the beach. The ITC folks were even kind enough to put on the halogens so we do not get naughty in the water and poach their crabs. Then it was time for us models ( Me, Rajesh,Absynthguzzler,NK@Hyd, Pulsar56) posing for the 2009 Kingfisher Calender with Atul Kasbekar (KKRK2) making us pose in our naughtiest and erotic(..err is it nudiest) best. Due to lot of editing and some of it being not fit for public viewing expect to enjoy this calender tonight.Being drained from naughtily twisty poses, we had to quickly replish our strength. Hence, headed back to the hotel and spent the entire evening ( rather night...until 2AM) discussing the merits of those poses and who could be the possible winner of private effection from Dr.Vijaya Mallya.

Next day, got up at 7AM and spent an hour over hot idlis & cuppas and headed out to the beach at 9am again. And, spent another coupla hours in the water. This time around, we happily came out of the water as the sun was rising fast and we wanted to get quickly out of the water before the sun makes you darker than our already chocolate tan. We made a fast getaway from there at 12pm and reached Guntur at 1pm and after spending a couple of hours on a lunch suitable for kings ( considering
what all we ordered and how the stomach was bursting) and re-fuelling ( here we spent considerable time due to one bunk short changing Ravvs) the convoy, we started our 280kms journey back at 3:30pm deciding that we will only make a couple of breaks and not stop anywhere. We made good on that promise and the next break came at around 6:00pm after 150kms.Reached L.B Nagar at 8:45pm and after patting each other's back for contributing to so much fun, I was back home at 9:30pm.

Thanks guys, I had a splendid time and this trip will remain cherishable for a long time to come. Pictures will come up tonight, so folks who missed out the trip, keep a hawk's eye out on them and hope you will enjoy HYD TBHP version of a KF Calendar.

Just for information seeking folks, Home-to-Home was 745kms. And, before the inevitable mileage kya hai question comes, My Pete'd Viva gave a 15kmpl mileage in roadtrip which saw "ONLY' high revv bands which according to me is amazingly decent.

Hyd folks, I hope you all are waiting with bated breathe for the pictures. Allow until tonight for it to be unveiled !!!!

P.S: My love for my Pete'd Viva has increased by several notches after the way it performed on this trip

Over to you now, Ravvs !!!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:41   #640
Senior - BHPian

Avi..lovely review.I can imagine the fun you guys had and that ITC beach is a beautiful one as i had visited some years back due to my connection with PWC (????).
Waiting to see Ravendra's review and the beauty contest pics.
Old 27th April 2009, 14:43   #641
Senior - BHPian

Default Check - uncheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Spectacles lost : Check
T-Shirt lost : Check
Tooth brush forgotten in hotel : Check
Baywatch girls were not missed because we had our very own Pamela Andersons : Check
Phone charger lost : Check
Tracks filled with 3kgs of beach sand : Check
Skin tone changed from brown to dark chocolate : Check
All "water" bottles are empty before returning : Check
I feel like going back with a bigger group : CHECK!!!!!

Ahhh , this was the most perfect trip for me :-)
From that list, you can 'uncheck' one car phone-charger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
Attachment 129695

Towel Misplaced : CHECK
Boxer briefs Misplaced : CHECK
Shorts Misplaced : CHECK
Skin tone changed from brown to chocolate: CHECK
Damaged(Scratched) the sun shades: CHECK
Sore throat; running nose : CHECK

PS: If any one of you have found a polythene bag with a wet towel, a boxer brief and a pair of shorts, please let me know.
Where have you been? shorts & briefs missing, towel wet!! I can account for all the other 7 PAX and have photos of them sitting on the terrace. You are nowhere in those frames.

Cheers,

P.S.: A certain premises in Begumpet is in custody of a suspicious looking bag. Will be released on payment of the usual penalty i.e. a round of chilli prawns for the gang. (Please read carefully - one round, not one plate).

P.P.S: I am trying to load the Kodak software onto my lappie so I can transfer and post some pics. I am too dazed to write now.

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 27th April 2009 at 14:49.
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:44   #642
BHPian

+ 1 to everthing pandey wrote.

i mean come to think of it ,we had access to private beach.(neat and clean and water turquoise in colour)

i am still keeping mum about the various poses and pictures of us in the sea( we were all in a different trip alltogether doing all that )lol

food (sea food in particular) was fresh.

pandey and me have decided any eating joint which we go and serves chilly prawns we will have them for sure.

as of now we've done it at 3 places and till now the winner has been club 8 clearly.

as venu said it ,my mind is still in that inertia kinda mode.

i got a chance to drive the red pete'd beast of mobike and what a ride it is man.

the way it zips in 2nd and 3rd gear is out of this world.

initially i had to remind my self there is a 'clutch' in this ride( i drive an automatic remember) and i need to shift into a higher gear,but the way this ride was behaving in 2nd and 3rd gear ,i didnt feel like changing gears at all.full makhan.

this would also go for ravs laura (though i didnt drive it) but for the brief time i was in it ,wow man ,full vip treatment.( that henry the 8th wala song and the 'torture' of usha uthup is still in my head as i write this)lol

saw ravs revving upto 4500 rpm in 2nd gear and this 'tank' just took off like a missle yaar.

out and out a very well organised and fun filled trip.

we guys certainly rock man!

p.s: arun great conversations/company/arrangement.(i am still not convinced on the developed and developing world ka funda)hehehehehe

pulsar : thanks for the pick up and drop and congrats on graduating into the 'highway' driver list.

we all need to work out in the gym man!

i didnt misplace anything so its all check for me.

can i also propose a final mini meet on wednesday evening and wrap up the meet saga for the month of april.

till the time mobike uploads the pic ,kirkiri and ravs can upload the ones clicked by them

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 27th April 2009 at 15:02.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:50   #643
BHPian

Avi Bhai, very good review. You guys certainly had a good time out there and I am sure the pictures should do the balance justice of a memorable meet.

Waiting to see all the models in their best poses.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:52   #644
Senior - BHPian

Before Ravvs puts up his revving report, I thought I should make a special mention of his Pete'd Laura---it came with an in-built navigator that burst out warnings from time to time, like 'speed-breaker coming up', 'you are now in gear # 1', 'now you are in gear # 2' etc etc. I was cross-checking those staccato messages from time to time, and not once was it wrong!
That's a fabulous feature to have in a car---sure took the stress out of driving long distances.

The only worrisome factor for others is that one cannot get this feature in other Laura's, and you need to keep pampering it with a Playstation and soft drinks to keep it in sync with the car and the driver

Last edited by vnabhi : 27th April 2009 at 14:54.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 14:53   #645
Senior - BHPian

Can someone put a log of our meets and the person who has attended most of the meets with his car should be the Meet Mate of the Month.we should institute this award with in T-BHP Hyd chapter.