Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 9th April 2009, 23:54   #1
BHPian

Default Cochin Bhpians: It's time for Summer Splash D R I V E

Mad mallu mullah is back. His Mivec is back with a bang. Steer will be landing any time. Ripper is busy fine tuning the giant Endy. Hydra is no more Hide ra. It’s time guys for another D R I V E. Temperatures are soaring up. Fiscal year end pressures are history. Holidays for kids. Yes its time for a break. Revv up your engines. Can I hear a roar? Can we call it SUMMER SPLASH!!!
Feed the kitty.
Silver Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 02:12   #2
Senior - BHPian

Errr...who exactly is Silver Knight? Sorry I dont recall this name.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 02:24   #3
BHPian

He he, steer.. don't you remember the Baleno, the only casuality of the Wild in WAYANAD D R I V E ? This was the dude who served as the accessory to the crime committed by yours truly .Though he wasn't a BHPian back then, he's an addict now!

Last edited by aravindwarrier : 10th April 2009 at 02:38. Reason: typo
aravindwarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 02:38   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
He he, steer.. don't you remember the Baleno, the only casuality of the Wild in WAYANAD D R I V E ?
Sorry am growing old. How could I forget the guy who left his Palio home and rented a car for a D R I V E?
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 02:47   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Sorry am growing old. How could I forget the guy who left his Palio home and rented a car for a D R I V E?
OHMYGAWD That was an innocent confession made under difficult circumstances,some facts which were never to be leaked out into public domain . You are for sure displaying some tell tale signs of senile decay That aside, any ideas/suggestions for the next D R I V E, now that a newbie has done the honors of opening the thread ?
aravindwarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 09:35   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravindwarrier View Post
He he, steer.. don't you remember the Baleno, the only casuality of the Wild in WAYANAD D R I V E ? This was the dude who served as the accessory to the crime committed by yours truly .Though he wasn't a BHPian back then, he's an addict now!
Ninakku njaan vachittondu mone. It was a scorcher and YOU YOU busted it. But it proved how rock solid the Baleno is.
I would have taken the same Baleno ( leaving my Swift Vdi and Wagon R safely parked @ home) for this Drive also.
But thats all in the game na.

@ Steer; Hope you got me now . I am very familiar to regular Cochin Bhpians these days, very clear from AW sticking me the addicted to T-BHP decal.
BTW when are you landing Steer?
Cochin Bhpians & other Kerala Bhpians pour in suggestions.
Old 10th April 2009, 11:29   #7
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Actually, the Endy is a borrowed ride. I show it off because the owner(my bro) spends most of his time abroad
The swift is being "finetuned" and I hope it will be ready by the time this DRIVE is finalised.
We have been discussing the next drive with the TVM BHPians, and everyone's game. Destination needs to be decided.

Pollachi-valparai hill climb with 40 odd hairpins is very interesting
Bit far to drive for just hairpins. The route through the forest will not be nice on corner carving street cars. So we might have to do COK-CBE-pollachi

Munnar-cochin with a midnight start is my pick
great roads, scanty traffic at midnight. We may have a problem with mist though. daytime driving on this route can be done, but wont be as enjoyable because of slow moving buses and trucks.also makes things very risky

The kulamavu hill climb is over in 30 mins, but we have the option of going up and down that route repeatedly and making the experience last for 2 hrs atleast. That should give us a grand total of 64 hairpins (albeit the same ones repeated 4 times)
Advantage is- traffic is sparse even during the day.
My second choice.

I've been hearing about a few nice routes in the CBE area, and would love to try them. JayD, if you're on this thread, please detail that route for us.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 11:34   #8
BHPian

Thumbs up Oh!

This is Crazy! I was looking forward to the "MONSOON D R I V E - II"
Anways.. seems good idea. How bout a chilling destination? - preferably an overnighter!

And guys, start talking bout the tentative dates too! This has to be executed atleast before the end of this month.

Am IN! No matter even if the dates falls on working days!
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2009, 21:25   #9
BHPian

Thumbs up

@ Ripper: Munnar drive @ night is a cracker.

We did it some 3 years ago in a bike-car combo. My best drive ever.

I was riding Aravind's Unicorn all night and he was in charge of my then new Wagon R.

Also we can explore some off-roading.
Another is to Ooty via Silent Valley &Attapady and we can come back by Gudallur Nilambur route
Old 11th April 2009, 08:36   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Sounds good! When is the tentative date for this? Hopefully its after april. AK, you had some routes in mund right? why don't you put hem up here? Ripper, wont cochin munnar and kulamavu be too short? Also, there are a few very very good roads in the CBE area. Have tried a few, will post up some routes soon.
JayD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 11:19   #11
BHPian

I have a range of 300-350kms with my mivec. If you can plan something in that range I would gladly join in this time around. Or will have to carry around some 30L of Speed 97

Anyplace near coimbatore is bound to be hot and dry till the rains start. And seeing how late the monsoon started here last time, I am not too sure.

But how about this one

Cochin - Calicut - Wayanad - Nagarhole
Coimbatore - Gundulpet - Wayanad - Nagarhole

Once the park reopens after the rains it could be a nice getaway in the midst of the forests.

We could stay in Wayanad in the night ( S Batthery ) and from there head into nagarhole by say 4am the next day? Sick and tired of seeing just elephants and bisons. Might get to see a tiger or two if we are lucky

And yes this time around, I'll arrange for the accomodoations in Wayand and Nagarhole.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 13:35   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wayanad is way too far for the TVM BHPians, if you are counting us in
ImmortalZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 14:08   #13
BHPian

Hmmmm.... The prospect of seeing some tigers made me forget bout the distance part of it

The only other tiger reserve i can think of is Parsons Valley. Now that'll be super fun. In the midst of the protected Western Catchment area, lush green lands, copious amounts of elephants, bisons, wild dogs and tigers.

See this thread for more details

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ment-trip.html (Blore-Western Catchment Trip)

Edit - Just realised that I'll have to leave the Mivec in Conoor for the trip. The palio made the climb down without much problems. But cant really take the risk with the mivec and neovas. 9k a piece!

Last edited by Harrie : 11th April 2009 at 14:10.
Harrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2009, 14:32   #14
BHPian

Wayanad definitely no, as the last drive in Feb was Wayanad. And we want TVM bhpians also to join
Old 11th April 2009, 14:34   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Sounds good! When is the tentative date for this? Hopefully its after april. AK, you had some routes in mund right? why don't you put hem up here? Ripper, wont cochin munnar and kulamavu be too short? Also, there are a few very very good roads in the CBE area. Have tried a few, will post up some routes soon.
thats: Kuttanad, Kottarakkara, Thenmala, Kutraalam. I dont exactly know the route after Kottarakkara. Also TVM Bhpian can also join us @ Kottarakkara.