Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 01:56   #106
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,865
Thanked: 2,216 Times
Default

looks like my ICE install aint happening before the meet. just got the bad news :-(
wanted you'll to hear it.
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 12:00   #107
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Spoke to viper now. Considering that there are already 17 people confirmed and the number is likely to increase, the option of signing everyone into turf club looks very very bleak. Suggest we look for an alternate.
We came up with an option of booking the party hall at Symphony (Gowalia Tank). For twenty of us with food and stuff will cost approx 500-600 per head. Can go on till late and no issue of last orders, dress code, etc.
What say?
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 12:17   #108
BHPian
 
leadf00t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 436
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

i am in.

Please confirm the date and place.
leadf00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 12:30   #109
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

I'm ok with any date but shirts?

_________

Cheap Guest

Last edited by abhinav.gupta88 : 14th May 2009 at 12:33.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 13:42   #110
BHPian
 
mmmjgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: BOM, PNQ, DXB
Posts: 398
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Looks like the alternative venue will need to be firmed up.

Any pointers ? Symphony @ Gowalia Tank has no parking. Again majority members are north of town based.

I propose the following, Please let's not get into discussions on how a place is not suitable but give suggestions to the alternate effect, i.e. if parking is problem, then a place with good food and great parking should be the norm.

1) Wild orchid - Chembur - N_C's home and has sufficient space with TVs for IPL.
2) Sports Bar at Phoenix Mills Lower Parel.
3) Copper Chimney at Worli - small hall on the mezzanine floor (above Bombay Brasserie)
this can be private pricing will be provided later.

Meanwhile please add suggestions.
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 13:46   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,865
Thanked: 2,216 Times
Default

symphony has valet parking for as many cars as they come! and anyways all will not be driving since they will be consuming the a--- word.
symphony is good tejas!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:02   #112
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
CG is Abhinav,

FYI - We have to give a confirmed number by the weekend to Viper/Club.

a 75% of Nishant Gandhi cannot do, , either say 100% or 0%.
Thanks to all.
As I mentioned earlier, I can definitely confirm 100% if its on a Sat. On a work day, you cannot be sure if a meeting or some work comes up at the last minute. And then I dont want to initiate the entire furore over 'kalti' for reasons which are beyond my control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
looks like my ICE install aint happening before the meet. just got the bad news :-(
wanted you'll to hear it.
What happened Doc? HU not coming in by then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
I'm ok with any date but shirts?
Shirts? What do you mean?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
Looks like the alternative venue will need to be firmed up.

Any pointers ? Symphony @ Gowalia Tank has no parking. Again majority members are north of town based.

I propose the following, Please let's not get into discussions on how a place is not suitable but give suggestions to the alternate effect, i.e. if parking is problem, then a place with good food and great parking should be the norm.

1) Wild orchid - Chembur - N_C's home and has sufficient space with TVs for IPL.
2) Sports Bar at Phoenix Mills Lower Parel.
3) Copper Chimney at Worli - small hall on the mezzanine floor (above Bombay Brasserie)
this can be private pricing will be provided later.

Meanwhile please add suggestions.
All three sound fine. Can we also consider Pritam? Most central and preferred by many because of great food and ambience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
symphony has valet parking for as many cars as they come! and anyways all will not be driving since they will be consuming the a--- word.
symphony is good tejas!
Frank, who all will be driving actually depends on the date of the meet. If its on a Friday, many would be coming directly from work (like me). In that case, one would have to sacrifice on the a___.
Solution

Thats why I suggested that it should be on a Sat. We can leave our cars home

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 14th May 2009 at 14:13.
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:16   #113
BHPian
 
Ankoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pune / Mumbai
Posts: 44
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
Frank, who all will be driving actually depends on the date of the meet. If its on a Friday, many would be coming directly from work (like me). In that case, one would have to sacrifice on the a___.
Solution

Thats why I suggested that it should be on a Sat. We can leave our cars home
I guess PHD (Party Hard Drivers) is the answer to that question...

You call these guys and they send a driver directly to the club or restaurant wherever you are. You need to book them in advance though or else you will not get one.

Also Symphony sounds like a good option.
Ankoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:18   #114
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,865
Thanked: 2,216 Times
Default

symphony + saturday = not available !
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:29   #115
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Keep pritam out of the options for reasons better not discussed openly. It's a great place no doubt but keep it out of options.
There is ample parking at symphony and the food is also good. let's keep it for friday only.
It will be difficult to accommodate 20 people in a regular restaurant all together.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:35   #116
BHPian
 
mmmjgm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: BOM, PNQ, DXB
Posts: 398
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Keep pritam out of the options for reasons better not discussed openly. It's a great place no doubt but keep it out of options.
There is ample parking at symphony and the food is also good. let's keep it for friday only.
It will be difficult to accommodate 20 people in a regular restaurant all together.
Pritam is not a choice. Gogi bhai needs to unwind too last time he was on his toes 100% of the time. We need to take care of our "D" bhpians

Tejas/Frank, could you guys confirm with Symphony for a group of max 30- 40 people on Friday with a menu ?

Cheers

Last edited by mmmjgm : 14th May 2009 at 14:37.
mmmjgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:47   #117
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post

Tejas/Frank, could you guys confirm with Symphony for a group of max 30- 40 people on Friday with a menu ?

Cheers
M3jgm, can you please call and ask all your questions to them directly?

Symphony
72, Sheredon House, August Kranti Marg, Kemps Corner, Mumbai, Mumbai
+91 22 23862231
+91 22 23819606
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 14:57   #118
BHPian
 
vicky5669's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bombay
Posts: 56
Thanked: 3 Times
Default

I too agree with nishant ,saturday would be good for the meet,
vicky5669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 15:18   #119
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Tejas@perioimpl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,947
Thanked: 4,765 Times
Default

Saturday is the race. Many of us won't be able to make it.
Tejas@perioimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2009, 15:27   #120
HKS
BHPian
 
HKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 104
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjgm View Post
1) Wild orchid - Chembur - N_C's home and has sufficient space with TVs for IPL.

Meanwhile please add suggestions.
I'm in for any venue. But this could the best option.
HKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Meet on 10th May in Mumbai swapszone The Team-BHP Meet Section 13 14th May 2009 21:16
Drink-And-Dinner Meet in Hyderabad-May 7th (EDIT: Now with the Meet Pics) mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 58 19th May 2008 18:38
Kenny G live in Mumbai Sunday 11th May. Anyone going? EDIT: In Bangalore on 12th May Dippy Shifting gears 10 8th May 2008 16:48
[NCR] Mini Meet @ AL-KAUSER TONIGHT !?? Sunday May 20th & Saturday May 26th aZa The Team-BHP Meet Section 138 7th June 2007 02:52
TBHP Mumbai May Meet in June ? ;-) gr8guzzler The Team-BHP Meet Section 174 21st May 2007 13:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks