Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2009, 19:04   #46
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Guruji. Ab izzat pe aa gayi.
Saturday or sunday?
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:06   #47
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

If gurgaon wale weren't 'dildaar,' then they wouldn't bother driving across 2 states just for a 'Meat'. So lets not start accusations here.

And as for driving 100 -120 kmph on the highway, we Gurgaonites do that on a regular basis, so no great shakes for us to go onto the highway.

A Drive means enjoying the peacefulness and the leisureliness of a drive, not rushing through Highway traffic as if there was fire in your pants.

If you are that interested on a Highway 'meat' then why not go all the way and make it a proper one and not a psuedo one of first going to a mall. Trust me there are a lot of decent dhabas (pucca house type, with chairs and neat toilets and lawns) where all of us wouldn't mind going including suman.

So do reconsider.

But whatever is decided, I will try and make it.
How can I miss a 'meat'
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 20:30   #48
Senior - BHPian
 
abhinav.gupta88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Delhi , India
Posts: 4,087
Thanked: 308 Times
Default

Hehe.
A highway meat is not exactly a great idea in this summer man.
Its already so hot and will get warmer day by day.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 04:50   #49
BHPian
 
garry.brant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Posts: 291
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

The basic idea here is to meet each other, highway drive or a restraunt doesnt matter, people from the restraunt can also go to highway at night , whoever wants to.
NO stopping you guys.
And are we counting the krazydriver in..?

Last edited by garry.brant : 23rd April 2009 at 05:01.
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 09:50   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 264
Thanked: 80 Times
Default

It amazes that people are just talking on thread rather than giving the vote to meet...The way Garry has mentioned the motive is to meet.. the option of driving fast on highway was an option not a compulsion for all to do..
RishiSuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:39   #51
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

KD, I like your style. Well said
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:01   #52
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
KD, I like your style. Well said
Thank you Dada,

Hearing from you after a long time.

I was just doing my part of explaining to them what a 'Highway meat' should actually be.

Do put in your valuable inputs to it. Maybe we can discuss this at the 'meat' as well. What say?
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 15:06   #53
Senior - BHPian
 
suman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 4,589
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Maybe we can discuss this at the 'meat' as well. What say?
You mean the Food Court Meat...........sad & dark are the days that have descended upon us - to think that a NCR meet would finally happen in a Food Court
suman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:33   #54
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 886
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
If gurgaon wale weren't 'dildaar,' then they wouldn't bother driving across 2 states just for a 'Meat'. So lets not start accusations here.

And as for driving 100 -120 kmph on the highway, we Gurgaonites do that on a regular basis, so no great shakes for us to go onto the highway.

A Drive means enjoying the peacefulness and the leisureliness of a drive, not rushing through Highway traffic as if there was fire in your pants.
Bravo KD! Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
You mean the Food Court Meat...........sad & dark are the days that have descended upon us - to think that a NCR meet would finally happen in a Food Court
Suman, that's the "catch line" for tomorrow's meat. Food court is boring. Chaar diwari mein baith ke ka fun? Khulle maidaan mein mazaa aayega! Machaan chale?
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:37   #55
BHPian
 
garry.brant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Posts: 291
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Bravo KD! Bravo!



Suman, that's the "catch line" for tomorrow's meat. Food court is boring. Chaar diwari mein baith ke ka fun? Khulle maidaan mein mazaa aayega! Machaan chale?
"tomorrows meat , and Sabarbia is no FOOD COURT its a plush restraunt cum disco, anyways i dont see no one nominating themselves for the meet so guys i dont think its happening anyways but anytime anyone is interested in a meet , just PM me i would be there.
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 17:49   #56
BHPian
 
ankitahuja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Gurgaon & Delhi
Posts: 886
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
"tomorrows meat , and Sabarbia is no FOOD COURT its a plush restraunt cum disco, anyways i dont see no one nominating themselves for the meet so guys i dont think its happening anyways but anytime anyone is interested in a meet , just PM me i would be there.
Garry, guess you're too charged up for the so called "HIGHWAY" meet, where there is no "HIGHWAY" in the closest vicinity of your plans! Chill out if members are not there to respond, you can't possibly FORCE people to attend.

FYI, I was referring Suman to this thread and btw, "The Highway meet" is NOT TOMORROW. --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...m-onwards.html
ankitahuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 18:49   #57
BHPian
 
krazydriver84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Kolkata + Gurgaon
Posts: 427
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
"tomorrows meat , and Sabarbia is no FOOD COURT its a plush restraunt cum disco, anyways i dont see no one nominating themselves for the meet so guys i dont think its happening anyways but anytime anyone is interested in a meet , just PM me i would be there.
Patience always bears fruit. So ChillOut.

Don't take me wrong buddy, trust me this group of ours is more into sitting around and catching up on stuff. Am not saying that we are not open to the idea of a True 'Highway Meet', but its just that after a long day @ office, nobody would feel like to go for a highway drive in the night. And if you are planning it for daytime, then this definitely is not the weather to feel the wind through your hair. You'll only land up having sand in your mouth.

If and when we want to have a proper 'HighWay Meet' you'll be the first to know.

Hope to see you at the foodcourt meat in MGF Mall.
krazydriver84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 19:19   #58
Distinguished - BHPian
 
phamilyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 5,582
Thanked: 3,244 Times
Default

oye, MEGA Mall, not MGF mall.

pote de khuttar!
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2009, 21:47   #59
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 651 Times
Default

Hamari izzat itni sasti to nahi. Aur waise lut bhi gayi to kya farak padta hai. Depend karta hai hum kis se lootwaate hain..

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Guruji. Ab izzat pe aa gayi.
Saturday or sunday?
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2009, 02:26   #60
BHPian
 
garry.brant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Posts: 291
Thanked: 21 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
Patience always bears fruit. So ChillOut.

Don't take me wrong buddy, trust me this group of ours is more into sitting around and catching up on stuff. Am not saying that we are not open to the idea of a True 'Highway Meet', but its just that after a long day @ office, nobody would feel like to go for a highway drive in the night. And if you are planning it for daytime, then this definitely is not the weather to feel the wind through your hair. You'll only land up having sand in your mouth.

If and when we want to have a proper 'HighWay Meet' you'll be the first to know.

Hope to see you at the foodcourt meat in MGF Mall.
Is that opposite metropolitan mall, or the Dt mega mall..?
garry.brant is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Cayenne" we "XC-eed" in our "Endeavour" to "Safari"? Taking powerful metal off-road SS-Traveller 4x4 Excursions 55 10th November 2016 22:56
Delhi MEAT : Abhinav's Farewell : 11th September, 2009 abhinav.gupta88 The Team-BHP Meet Section 189 18th September 2009 13:17
Delhi Summer MEET / MEAT! abhinav.gupta88 The Team-BHP Meet Section 54 23rd July 2009 18:16
Evo boys... here's the meat! Revvmaster The International Automotive Scene 7 8th April 2004 04:18


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:00.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks