Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 23rd May 2005, 14:47   #16
BHPian

Default Cheers To Team Bhp

yo man it was one great drive never expected it to be such big it has been the koolest trip of my life. i have never enjoyed so much in my life. everyone was driving great. never imagined that our teambhp members would be such great drivers. loved the ford ikon's freeflow.loved nc's octy and its alloys. nitroxx's city was awesome it had a great sound. sat with drifter and ford rocam both drive equally well. never imagined drifter to be such a person anyways i got to know all the members didnt talk to all of them as dont know properly but will definitely know all of them once i start attending all the meets and the trips organised. and nc
missed some of the members such as satya, viper,gto. i envied all the members who were driving because i couldnt be behind the wheel but after 1 year will get my own ride.i also didnt expect all the team bhp members to be such funloving.

Last edited by kooldude : 23rd May 2005 at 14:49.
kooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
awesome rides.
Looks like you all had a really really good time.
Hope to come for one these preferebly when i have a license.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:28   #18
BHPian

hey lambo you can come without your ride too. even i dont have my licence my condition is same as yours will turn 18 next year will get a legal licence and then bring my ride but for now i will hop in with someone else next time also as i did this time
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:29   #19
Team-BHP Support

Hey lambo, we all missed you dude! Try and make it next time!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:32   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Thumbs up Awesome Meet

Oh boy the meet was fun.

here's a little bit of log from pune end :-)

Had messaged Drifter asking about the mumbai gang's tentative reach time at lonavla, he replied at 3 am stating that they will be there at arnd 8:30

Started from home at around 7:40, got a call from adya, he asked me to join him in his car(really nice of him) we deiced to meet at a place in 20 mins, but when I hit the highway(had to go through a patch of pune bypass for banglore to reach the meeting point) I was enjoying the ride so much that I gave up on the idea of being a passenger ;-)

Was reaching around 8:15 to lonavla so decided to have a small practise session near karla caves(15 mins from lonavla towards pune) theres'a 100 mtr patch of tight twisties, had fun & then headed back towards lonavla.

Reached there at 8:30 sharp ordered a fresh lime water, soon adya joined in he also ordered fresh lime soda, finished that at a snail's pace but still no trace of the mumbai gang so we ordered a sandwich & fries. Got a call from drifter at 8:25 that they were about to enter the lonavla from express way. We paid up & went out waiting for them. Saw the cars coming, Salil came asking for us, met all the guys. Since all of them were hungry went in again for snacks. I didnt order as I had already stuffed.

Rest is as mentioned by Dippy

It was really great meet all those guys face to face, all of them are really cool

@Drifter: You are mad :-p You have a 'Sedan' & not an 'SUV' :-D

@Nitroxx: Those drifts were awesome I couldn't believe that it was an automatic :-)

Boy the RS sure is massive & powerfull, wheel spin in almost all gears.

The Alloys on NC's car are really mean :-)

The Ikon's sound was mesmerising.

Stratos was taking sharp turns on his Indigo which made the stock tyres screech a lot, this was something new for me, I mean never seen any body pushing an Indigo like that :-p

Boy the twisties were mad, had a blast there, tried taking the curves like Rossi LOL

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd May 2005 at 15:49.
Technocrat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:38   #21
BHPian

yeah man it was great to see all the team bhp members in action. and all of them were driving as if they were really in a race.loved the sound of screeching tyres and loved to see how stratos drove so well even after having a indigo taking sharp corners and overtaking each other and sometimes not letting others overtake you drifter must have understood this

Last edited by kooldude : 23rd May 2005 at 15:40.
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:40   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Stratos was taking sharp turns on his Indigo which made the stock tyres screech a lot, this was something new for me, I mean never seen any body pushing an Indigo like that :-p
You should see Stratos doing a hand brake turn with the Indigo

Quote:
Boy the twisties were mad, had a blast there, tried taking the curves like Rossi LOL
Seriously Techno i admire your riding skills. Your banking was perfect and you never took your bike over the limit. Nice meeting you personally

Dippy
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 15:50   #23
Senior - BHPian

Man it was one hell of a meet. My report is also coming in 15 mins.

Drifter
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

a real great meet,
was my first meet. enjoyed it alot.
we should do this regularly & pune people shold participate in more numbers

great to meet all in person.

@Drifter : waiting for your report
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:06   #25
Senior - BHPian

Meet Report 22/May/2005

Heres another report....

Members and thier cars
All in all 10 cars 1 bike and 21 members

Drifter - Accent CRDi
F50 - Santro
Ford Rocam - Ikon 1.6
Gr8guzzler - Ikon 1.6
Stratos - Indigo D
Nitroxx - City A/T
Mad monkey - Octavia RS
NC - Octavia 1.9
Powerfreak - Indica D
Adya33 - Opel Astra
Technocrat - Karizma

Passengers - rjk, kartik, dippy, kooldude, utpal (stratos' friend), cousin of mad monkey (sorry forgot the name), salil, rtech, heavy foot and ported.

The time is 530am...i had just fallen asleep about half an hour back. My phone rings and cursing i get up...i speak on the phone....realise 15mins later after keeping the phone that it was f50. Thats when i come to my senses and start getting ready. I leave, cruising towards sion.
I reach around 640am. The place is deserted. I hate waiting...but its not like i had a choice. Within minutes the blue city of nitroxx arrives with kartik, dippy, ported and nitroxx himself.

Its getting close to 7am and the people who live closest to the start point (read as stratos and f50) are nowhere to be seen. At last they come...f50 without air in his tyres and stratos without fuel in his tank. Despite telling them to finish all this the previous night...they were too lazy to do it.
Techno and adya, this was part of the reason why we were late.

While we wait for other members...im busy on the cell...looking for members who hadnt shown up till now.
We were 'supposed' to have no stops till lonavala from sion...but ofcourse that was not going to happen.
We were making unscheduled stops every 5kms or so.

Anyways, we started from sion at 715am. I took the lead with 3 cars in tow - stratos, f50 and nitroxx...
Just as we got out of sion, i get a call from rtech...asking us where we were...after he realised we had left already, he asked us to meet after the vashi toll naka. Ford rocam also called and told us he would join us at the same place as rtech.

We reached vashi in about 15 mins and were waiting for our 'Early Birds' to arrive. And in a little while they show up. While we were waiting, i was getting harrowed by rjk, nc and powerfreak. rjk and nc left and later we realised that powerfreak left along with them. We would catch up with them a little later.

Ok so our plan was to cruise and stick close to each other...as we entered palm beach...that plan went right out of the window...with rs taking the lead...while the indigo and city (read stratos and nitroxx) harassed my car on the palm beach road.

F50 was the only member who was actually cruising and was left way behind. We stopped when the 'meanie' cars (read again stratos and nitroxx) stopped for gas and air at CBD belapur. Right around this time...f50 was busy loosing his way around navi mumbai. He called and said he would wait under the kharghar bridge where incidently gr8guzzler was waiting with his family.
On the palm beach the rs would just take off leaving us huffing and puffing...but then mad monkey was confused about the roads...so he would stop every now and then for us to catch up.

We start off again, we see nitroxx and madmonkey taking rounds of the round-about at CBD, not knowing which way to go...they were droning around for us. Ok back together, we head off for kharghar where our lost member f50 is waiting along with gr8guzzler. We pick them up and are off...well more so the RS than the others...in the confusion, he gets up on the expressway while we all take the old road. After continuing for a while and looking constantly at the rear view mirror to make sure all the cars were there, we realise that this time the RS has gone missing, We call madmonkey and are amused to know hes on the expressway.
He joins us later on the old road just before the ghats.

The cars which started before (rjk, nc, powerfreak) are found waiting for us just ahead of panvel. We group together and are off to lonavala this time no stops.
The old highway is pretty good i love the tarmac more than concrete any day. Some places the road widening was still on. But the drive was fun...i dont know about others but max i did here was around 140kmph. Some trucks or bikes kept coming in the way. Finally we decided to stop just before the ghats in order to regroup and do the ghats together. Ghats were good...major wheelspins, lots of tyre smoke and lots of scared sheep. Nothing beats ghat driving...if only we had a clear road. F50 was again last in the convoy...cruising. We pass the ghats. and are on the expressway for the last leg of the journey towards lonavla. We regroup at the exit for lonavla and go towards our designated meeting spot with technocrat and adya33.

Upon reaching there, we manage to cause a traffic jam while the attendants are surprised to see so many cars together...after a test of our parking abilities in the underground car park, we are at the table ordering grub...21 members in one place is surely a sight to be seen. 3-4 tables are joined together specially to acomodate us all. We have some snacks and are off to the amby valley.

Road to Amby Valley
Smoothly tarred, well marked, a mix of bends hairpins et all and very little traffic... all these attributes make this one hell of a road to have a drive on. Well well well...everyones dark side was revealed here...members who would be err slow drivers came into their own and were ripping on this 21km stretch, stratos and nitroxx with his drifts in the indigo and city respectively, ford rocams ikon with the amazing freeflow, the Rs well being driven cautiously, as was gr8guzllers ikon. F50 was driving ahead of me...not letting me pass...hehe. Adya33 and technocrat enjoying the drive fully in the astra and the karizma respectively.

Techno your turns were awesome. Nc in his octy was way ahead of the pack. Powerfreak was nowhere to be found...he was left behind near the eating joint where he was fiddling with his conked off cell. He would join us at amby valley.
We reach amby valley and carry out a small photo shoot. Pics have come out really very good...thanks to our cameramen members. And rtech yet another addition to the shaadi.com gang hehehe.

We head back again to a place where we would do another place...The RS and the accent leave first...members thought we were dragging..but common hehe lets keep this real and save me some embarassment. We head out while the other members lazily follow us 15 mins later...Rtech thinks of an ingenious way to beat the heat while we wait for the other members to catch up. He sees and SBI atm and decides to "withdraw cash" yeah right. We go in there and wait in the AC while others are lugging it out in the heat looking for us. At last, another guy comes who needs to genuinely use the atm...so we come out and at exactly the same time, the gang arrives. So we head off back to our next photoshoot place. We reach there and all cars enter it without much difficulty. Its all rocky and kinda off road...the skodas are the most scared lot because of thier low ground clearance. But all of them make it in without any hiccup.

This is when i decide to do some offroading of myself. It was fun...pictures tell more than a thousand words. While f50 and i do some offroading in my car...others watch in shock horror and amazement. The pics have it all. After an extended photo session and lots of car talk...we decide to head back. We stop at lonavla to get some chikki and some refreshments...and unanimously decide to take the expressway back home...we travel in a group as much as possible...but i decide to stick with f50 who was alone and driving at 60kmph on the expressway...reason we are left behind by the convoy. We meet up under the kharghar and decide to call it a day. The trip has had a lasting effect on me. The pics have just made me relive yesterday. One hell of a drive. Have to do it more often. Thanks to rudra for initiating this.

Drifter

PS. Rehaan the car didnt bottom out...i do this regularly whenever i visit lonavla...

Last edited by drifter : 23rd May 2005 at 16:19.
drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 16:07   #26
Senior - BHPian

Adya nice to meet you too. I thought you wouldnt make it at first but glad you decided to come. Hopefully we should have more pune members next time around.

Dippy

P.S Well kept Astra buddy, one of my favourite colours
Dippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 17:07   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up

ok guys - here is my story ( hope it doesnt differ from the rest)

RJ calls me at 630 am and wakes me up (im was still groggy after night before's drinks) , i get ready , call drifter at 7 am and they are still at sion...so i leave and pick up RJ at vashi. after waiting for 30 mins(felt like an hour) with no sign of drifter and gang we decide to leave and cruise so that others could catch us. we pick up power freak (HF and Kooldude as his passengers) and coast to panvel where we wait for another 15-20 mins for the rest of the gang to join us.

we leave in a convoy and as soon as panvel is cleared - all notions of the drive to lonavala being a cruise is shot down. Drfiter takes the lead , nitroxx and ford rocam take it upon themselves to out do drifter and poooof ...all the cars dissapear from sight. F50 and me - decide to take this as a cruise and drive in a totally relaxed manner..till we spot the guys waiting for us just before the ghats and we find mad monkey somehow got his angles and directions right and joined us on the old road. we stop and get cursed for crusing so slowly ..hehehe. off we go in a convoy again.....with me leading the way.....and the 1.9 with loads of torque low down justs gobbles up the ghat ..no sweat......and then screeeeecccchhh - we hit a herd sheep.......regroup again just before the expressway and start again.....

And its at this point , stratos and his indigo decide to make a point...he takes off chasing nitroxx like he has ants in his pants...and ford rocam joins in the fun. all the while i have a great view of the 3 cars just cruising behind them. we hit the turn off to lonavala and wait and wait and wait for F50 to arrive in his underpowered santro...lol.

this time all of us reach RK TOGATHER. catch up with adya and techno, feast on breakfast as we were ravenously hungry and decide straightaway to hit the amby valley road.and this is where the fun starts.....

as we hit the dam on the amby valley road all hell breaks loose - the RS takes offf .....and nitroxx and ford rocam start a battle royale that lasts all the way upto amby valley !! drifter and startos join in too...while F50 and power freak arent in sight . I have an awesome view of the cars ahead as they try to race and take racing lines around the awesome twisties. Rj with the digi cam hanging out of the window shooting short videos......and as we hit the ghats ......the action hots up even further with a couple of close shaves for the indigo with stock tyres. The RS decides to cool off at this point . was real good fun watching those indigo tyres smoke as stratos pushed the car totally out of its limits !! and all this while Techno was doing it in style on the ZMA right in front of the racing cars !

after the photo shoot at amby valley we decide to head back and on the way we stop for the photo shoot ! after which we hit lonavala for the guys to buy chikki and then decide to head back to bbay - we take leave from adya and techno and i hit the expressway and hit it hard (had to join office by 1pm) ...i zoom off and dont bother where the others are.....kartik grabs 40 winks while RJK and salil have a nice and hot discussion about studying abroad while i cruise at 150 kmph. i drop off the 3 at kharghar flyover and proceed to office

RJK shot some videos which i will upload later - not so good in quality but will give u all a glimpse of the action all along the route.

and it sure was a hell of a drive - cant wait for the next one ! when is it happening guys ?? and adya and techno - was a pleasure meeting up with you guys.....next time round im hoping we have a much lager turnout from bbay as well as pune.

cheers

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd May 2005 at 17:20.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 17:18   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok!! Discussion about my car..well! Frankly, I never thought that the Indigo can perform so well on such bends. The only thing is, there is bodyroll but it definatly is not dangerous / scary. Drove it as it should have been and there I am, alive and in pieces and so is my car and its tyres. There were some cases where I really needed to bring the tail of the car out by turning the steering gently to overcome understeer especially while coming down to the hairpin bends.

Now about yest. Everyone drove very well and it actually seemed like a WRC circuit completly of tarmac except for mud/sand/stones for the Park Ferme (Photoshoot Places) The roads leading to Amby Valley are in a very good condition with loads of blind turns. Less traffic was to our advantage. I was very happy to meet so many members at a time and we really had a Blllllaaaassstttt!!!!

Last edited by Stratos : 23rd May 2005 at 17:19.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 18:00   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
[b]On the palm beach the rs would just take off leaving us huffing and puffing...but then mad monkey was confused about the roads...so he would stop every now and then for us to catch up.
was actually slowing down for the other's to catch up !! was never lost !

Quote:
[b]We start off again, we see nitroxx and madmonkey taking rounds of the round-about at CBD, not knowing which way to go

not lost again ... just monkeying around .. Rtec's sugesstion ...

Quote:
[b]After continuing for a while and looking constantly at the rear view mirror to make sure all the cars were there, we realise that this time the RS has gone missing, We call madmonkey and are amused to know hes on the expressway.
He joins us later on the old road just before the ghats.

we got off the expressway using the panvel bypass exit .. we then realized we were way ahead of the group and decided to pull into a petrol station and ambush the group .. 15 mins wait gave us time to buy water and soft drinks .. RTec took pictures of the group going past us ...it is in his post ...

wonderfull expericence should do it again ...

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd May 2005 at 19:25.
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 18:30   #30
Senior - BHPian

Wow, you guys really seemed to have a lot of fun there. Sorry, couldn't make it because of health reasons, boy am i regretting it now.

Pics are amazing. Drifter really seemed to have lost it yesterday by the look of things. Off-roading in an Accent? And i see RJK has taken most pics... barely see him in a few pics.

Nitroxx, just once more.... your car looks hot! Mad Monkey, i can't help but am in awe of the fact that you own an RS. Techno, your ZMA really looks gr8, no sweat.

NC, your car really now looks the part. Damn, if i am to buy an Octi, i am surely gonna go for those wheels.

Hope to catch you guys the next time we do such a drive again.

Revv
Revvmaster is offline   Reply With Quote