Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 23rd May 2005, 11:26   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Report/ Pics Bombay Lonavala Drive 22nd May 2005

Meet report : Drive to Lonavla, 22nd May 2005

As planned by our member Drifter, the Mumbai guys met up at Sion circle at 6.45 AM. Drifter had already arrived at the meeting spot in his CRDi. Nitroxx, Kartik, Salil and Ported head met up with him in nitroxx’ Honda city. Few mintues later we were joined by Stratos and friend in the Indigo while F50 soon followed in his Santro. We started off at 7. 15 from Sion and headed towards Kharghar where we were to be joined by Powerfreak RJK, kooldude heavy foot and gr8guzzler. On the way we got a call from Rtech and Ford ROCAM who joined us at Vashi. We waited for them after the Vashi toll naka . We were soon joined by Rtech, Mad Monkey and his cousin in monkeys Skoda RS. Rocam joined us in his Ikon and we were off . Powerfreak in his Indica along with the others were already en route when we caught up with them and we had the surprise of the day as NC joined us with his Skoda Tdi. Even though we had decided to take the old route , monkey somehow managed to hit the expressway but soon came back to the group just before we hit the ghat section.

The drive through the ghat section was initially hassle free but was soon disrupted by herds of sheep who put the brakes on our smooth drive. Our members from Pune Technocrat on his Karizma and adya33 ( glad you could join us) in his blue Astra had already reached the meeting point. We eventually met up with them at Rama Krishna restaurant for the morning snack. Inside all of us were ready to order the typical veggie grub until nitroxx stumbled upon a non veg menu section. I quicky changed my order to hog on some chicken sandwiches along with rtech, and nitroxx while the others feasted themselves on delicious south Indian fare of dosas, idlis and vada. Well I too followed with a dosa after my sandwich and Rtech was surprised at my appetite LOL.

After having the grub we decided to hit the Amby valley rd which was heard to be quite a treat for the driving enthusiast. Techno lead the way followed by nitroxx in the City , the RS and so on. Nitroxx was on a roll drifting and sliding all along the road with great car control . The riding talent of Techno came of light as he negotiated the winding roads with great style. We finally reached the entry to the Amby valley where we had a small photo session. Here we came across a weird looking stretched Qualis done up by.. yes you guessed it DC. I don’t know if anyone has a pic of it.

We started back the other way and stopped again at a very scenic location for some more pictures. Drifter tried some stunts of his own as he took his CRDi all the way to almost the peak of the cliff . I wonder what he was thinking hehehe . Pictures were taken by Rtech, mad monkey and myself and all of them should be up soon. RJK also took some videos which we will upload as well.

Drove back to Lonavla market where we shopped for some chikki and refreshed ourselves with some chilled soft drinks. We started back for home after that cruising along on the expressway . We arrived back in Mumbai at around 2.30 pm and I touched home around 3 pm.

I was a great meet, one of the best Team BHP has ever had . We missed those who could not make and hope they come next time around as we plan to do this more often.

So till the next meet its tata for now.

Following pics coutesy Rtech's camera. Pics from mine, NC and Mad Monkeys camera along to follow soon

The Group.
From L to R : gr8guzzler, heavy foot, kooldude, adya33,salil_kulkarni, stratos, nitroxx,utpal, kartik, technocrat, dippy, NC, ford rocam, drifter, powerfreak, ported head, mad monkey, ankit, rtech, and F50 . RJK is behind the camera

Lined up outside the gatted Amby Valley

Sneak shot of the group on the old highway

Our rides #1

Our rides #2

Drifter about to leap off the cliff as he found out his CRDi had only 3 cylinders!

RS chasing down OHC (or was it OHC overtaking the RS?!?)

N_C seems to be thirsty

RS & TDi enjoy the view

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd May 2005 at 12:40.
Dippy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 11:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

Here are the few pics i managed from my cam.

The meeting point was RK in Lonavala where we met technocrat and adya from pune !

The left row - Drifter, jitu , myself , ported , kooldude, heavyfoot
The right row - F50, kartik, power freak, adya

Stratos' friend Uptal, RJK , Mad Monkey and a drowsy Rtech

After breakfast we proceeded to Amby valley ... here is a look at the entry gates to Ambyvalley

Line up of the rides outside amby valley

More coming up.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 11:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

Talking Candid Shots

Kartik living it up at Rk's

i watch rtech's skills with the cam, drifter looks itchy and power freak worried to death as his cell fone conked off !!

Rtech's addition to the Shaadi.com portfolio and he is already licking his lips in anticipation of the feedback expected
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:06   #4
Senior - BHPian

whoa, this has to be the Greatest team-bhp meet/drive in history. Dayum, i missed it. i hate myself for living in chennai. dayum.

Islero and I had a great time at the Sriperumbudur track in chennai here. there were novice class races being held and it was fun to watch newbies clock really fast timings.
nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:06   #5
Senior - BHPian

Talking Drifter's Stunt !

the following pics contain stunts carried out by experts. we recommend not to try it without proper training.

Drifter decided to let us on to the secret of his accent CRDI offroader.

he had proper off roading slicks

He went offroading all over the hills and rough terrain with loads of wheel spin and traction control

He reached the summit in one piece..

F50 salutes the dare devil drifter

We all are spell bound watching drifter

Drifter looks pleased as a punch after the completion of his stunt

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd May 2005 at 12:08.
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up View from the top

Pictures from the top of the hills

Stratos and Myself enjoying the photo session

More pics will follow laters - drifter should be out with the report anytime now.....will post more pics after the report .

Was a fun drive and next time round - more bhpians should participate , from bbay and from pune as well

cheers
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:23   #7
Team-BHP Support

Hahahah!

Awesome pics and hillarious captions!

How about some more pics of the ambi valley road as well?

NC - good job on choosing your alloys boss
Drifter - how many times did the car bottom out? (lol, if i was there i wld have taken the same route)

Looking forward to the next one when i am around!
cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Meet report in the first post. Drifter may add an additional with some funny one liners

Dippy
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:31   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

It was a Fantastic drive. I have never taken curves at high speeds before in my Indigo as I did on the way to Amby Valley. Cars drifting, burning rubber, everything you can imagine took place. Gonna remember this drive all my life.
Stratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:45   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratos
I Cars drifting, burning rubber, everything you can imagine took place. Gonna remember this drive all my life.

cars drifting????????.can u explain this plsssssss
speedsatya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:49   #11
Team-BHP Support

NNNN_CCCCCCC!!! Revenge....comin your way soon man!!!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 12:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
cars drifting????????.can u explain this plsssssss
That would be nitroxx City

Dippy
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:08   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
How about some more pics of the ambi valley road as well?
Ok, here are a few.

Nitroxx chases the Ikon

Palm Beach road.

Two different kinds of Honda's.
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

It was really my best outing ever with so many fellow bhpians together and a really long line up of cars...till lonavala took a ride in f50's car and to watch 6 ,7 cars overtaking trucks in one go on the highway is really some sight...from lonavala hopped in ford rocam's modded ikon...and guys must tell u he really has some neat driving skills under his sleeves...attacking the corners at high speeds and downshifting...it was a treat to watch nitroxx's driving line through the corners and drooling over n.c's alloys in the turns...the roads really made me miss the driving seat...loved the way monkey's rs was taking the corners...drifter was loosing traction everywhere , even on inclines ...the ford rocam's freeflow made awesome sound in the tunnels when coming back...overall it was a fantastic drive/meet...missed the members and viper's esteem who could not make it..thank you guys for making this happen...hope its bigger next time.
heavyfoot.
heavy_foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 13:52   #15
BHPian

.................................................. ....................

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd May 2005 at 16:18.
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote