Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 20th January 2017, 13:07   #1141
BHPian

Default Re: (Gur)gaon Quick Meets Thread

Hi guys. I missed the last meet since I was working. Would definitely try and come for the meet on the 12th. Can someone please add me to the whatsapp group too?

Puneet
toothless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 15:00   #1142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post
Hi guys. I missed the last meet since I was working. Would definitely try and come for the meet on the 12th. Can someone please add me to the whatsapp group too?

Puneet
PM your phone number to honeybee , he is the group admin.
born_free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 15:32   #1143
BHPian

Hey honeybee,
Am still a newbie here- how can i send you my number for the whats app group?
My email is sarandeep . grover @ gmail . com
Intelsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 20:29   #1144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothless View Post

Puneet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelsingh View Post
Hey honeybee,
Am still a newbie here- how can i send you my number for the whats app group?
My email is sarandeep . grover @ gmail . com
toothless, I have added you.

Intelsingh, I have emailed you - you can send your mobile number in reply and I shall add you too.

For this meet, do you all want to set a starting point where all cars can meet up and then drive to the meeting point? This usually helps to ensure people are not lost for directions, as well as if there's a good (and safe) spot en route, we could try a photo shoot with the cars. Also helps with breakdowns if any.

Most importantly, how will the payment be done for the food and beverages we order? Last time I had volunteered to pay on everyone's behalf and collected payments from the individual members. So does anyone want to volunteer for this? Does anyone know if this place accepts cards/PayTM? Do we all have cards/PayTM?

Please be safe - let us not be swayed by good curves.
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2017, 22:17   #1145
BHPian

Hi Honeybee,
Replied to the email.

A meeting point sounds good. We could all meet at the dhaba on Faridabad Road which is there at the Ghata Red Light (It is on the left, the moment you get on to GFR from the golf course extension road). This can serve as both a photo-op moment and chai and chit chat.
Old 24th January 2017, 22:48   #1146
Senior - BHPian

We are meeting at the intersection of the Sunset Boulevarde and the Gurgaon - Faridabad road, facing towards Faridabad. This intersection is named as Khushboo Chowk in Google Maps.

From there we shall drive onto the Gurgaon Faridabad road till the junction where the road on the left branches off to Pali - we drive down this road till the Manav Rachna International University and then turn around.

On the return journey we shall stop at Knight Riders and fill up our tummies. Photoshoot opportunities at the beginning, at the Manav Rachna International University and at Knight Riders.

From Knight Riders, we all disperse.

Please park your cars on the extreme left, without obstructing the traffic (no parallel parking please). Please stick to the speed limits and other traffic rules (including traffic lights). Stay safe and drive safe.

Oh and please ensure your fuel tank is full - not sure if there are any bunks en route, but it would take up too much time. So please come with full tanks!

The WhatsApp group is very much active and the nittigritties of the drive / meet are being discussed there. I am posting here the general consensus so far. Anyone interested to join the meet, please send me your numbers so I can add you to the group.

Last edited by honeybee : 24th January 2017 at 22:51.
Old 26th January 2017, 00:12   #1147
BHPian

hey honeybee,
Am not on the whatsapp group??!!!! I did reply to your email with my phone number.
Please check.
Old 27th January 2017, 00:15   #1148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intelsingh View Post
hey honeybee,
Am not on the whatsapp group??!!!! I did reply to your email with my phone number.
Please check.
Added!

Please check now.

Here is the group pic of the last meet!
Attached Thumbnails
(Gur)gaon Quick Meets Thread-img20170108wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by honeybee : 27th January 2017 at 00:19.
Old 28th January 2017, 02:34   #1149
Senior - BHPian

So, the Pali road will merge in to the Dilli FBD road in a sort of a Y. Proceed about a 100 meters in to the leg of the Y (Pali road being the upper right arm of the Y) and you will have the gates of the university on to your RHS. We can try and gain entry in to the campus's landscaped vistas for the photo shoot but that all depends on what side of the bed the security in charge got out off.

Several fuel bunks are there on the GGN-FBD toll road but best to fill up the day before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
From there we shall drive onto the Gurgaon Faridabad road till the junction where the road on the left branches off to Pali - we drive down this road till the Manav Rachna International University and then turn around.

Oh and please ensure your fuel tank is full - not sure if there are any bunks en route, but it would take up too much time. So please come with full tanks!

This has got to be the happiest picture ever of any meet, everyone is all smiles

Quote:
Here is the group pic of the last meet!
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2017, 05:55   #1150
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, considering the eating joint does not open till 11am on Sundays, we shall start at 9am.

All those who wish to attend please make sure you are on the WA group so we can coordinate effectively.
Old 11th February 2017, 00:21   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys, considering the eating joint does not open till 11am on Sundays, we shall start at 9am.

All those who wish to attend please make sure you are on the WA group so we can coordinate effectively.
Can you please add me on the WA group? Adding my name to the confirmed list.

Confirmed
honeybee
Tanmay K
khoj
yogeshbala
HighwayofLife
ricky_1605
born_free
Intelsingh
.anshuman
sinharishi
sinharishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 01:46   #1152
BHPian

Adding my name to the list. I will be attending a TeamBhp Meet after 8 long years. I used to be a regular among the Kerala meets and Monsoon Drives. Hope to meet you all soon.

honeybee
Tanmay K
khoj
yogeshbala
HighwayofLife
ricky_1605
born_free
Intelsingh
.anshuman
sinharishi
wischvuanaudh

Also, Please could the admin add me to the Watsapp group?
wischvuanaudh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 10:05   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Have added Rishi and Vishwanath. See you all tomorrow.

No changes to the plan, venue or timing. If you are late, you can coordinate through the WA group to join the others. Please don't use your phones while driving. Either ask a passenger to answer it or call for you or pull over and use it. Five minutes lost is nothing compared to a life lost.

Please remember this is a drive and not a race :-)

I shall most likely be starting from Sushant Lok 1. If anyone needs a ride, please WhatsApp me the pickup point. Nearby places are Sushant Lok Arcade, Vyapar Kendra, Supermart 1 and 2.

If anyone else needs a ride, you can mention so in the group and we can see what can be arranged.

Last edited by honeybee : 11th February 2017 at 10:10.
Old 11th February 2017, 11:23   #1154
Team-BHP Support

Sorry guys, Dropping out, time coincides with Offroad meet, Enjoy the meet.
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2017, 11:47   #1155
BHPian

Perhaps we can have a joint meet of the TBHP NCR Car Owners and the TBHP NCR Motorcyclists?

Us members of the motorcycling group keep riding out and holding meets regularly.
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote