Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 25th April 2009, 18:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians

Venue: Cherai Beach
Date: April 26, 2009 (Sunday)
Time: 5.00PM

Folks, a family meet is being set up at Cherai Beach tomorrow evening (26-4-2009/Sunday/5.30PM). We're also planning for dinner after. It will be great if everybody who can make it could come over with family.

Please put in your confirmations here, with the number of people you will be coming with, so that dinner can be planned. Please put in your confirmations on this thread before 1.00PM tomorrow at the latest so that enough food can be arranged. Please also mention preference of Veg/Non-Veg.

See you all at the Beach Blast!
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 19:43   #2
BHPian

Have went ahead and made some reservations for tomorrow at the Baywatch beach homes At Cherai Beach.

This is gonna be the venue
Bay Watch Beach Homes Hotel, Cherai, Ernakulam

So please make your conformations for the evening so that dinner can be pre ordered, the seafood like crabs and prawns , take their own time so , it would be better if we get a head count and what you wish to have for dinner conformed either by sms,pm or by posting here itself.

Cheers

Muneemmk.
muneemmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 20:08   #3
BHPian

Thank you Muneem. We need to get the head count before tomorrow afternoon so that they can catch some prawns and crabs and cook them for dinner.
vivekji05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 20:14   #4
BHPian

Muneem and I went to check the beach resort 'Baywatch' and that is the only one facing the sea, while the others have mosquito infested backwater front.

All we need now is an approximate headcount and food preferences so that food can be ordered.
Old 25th April 2009, 21:41   #5
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Depending on how healthy I'm feeling after my night shift, I'm mostly in , with family+cousin's family.
2+2+2 kids all non veg.
rippergeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2009, 21:56   #6
BHPian

This is going to be the Venue for tomorrow's meet. Me and Vivekji05 went ahead and had a look at the place it's simply great for a meet.

Bay Watch Beach Homes Hotel, Cherai, Ernakulam

Would be of great help if every one can conform their dinner plans by noon tomorrow.

Cheers

Muneemmk
Old 26th April 2009, 01:09   #7
Senior - BHPian

out. marriage in the family.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 13:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hi folks,

Enjoy.

Did a trip to Ernakulam yesterday. Don't want to drive again, that too alone.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 14:00   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
out. marriage in the family.
Er..when were you last 'IN'?

I'm not a regular at these meets, but I've still managed to meet trrk sir on 3 occassions!
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 14:02   #10
BHPian

I would like to post confirmations from Trichur:

1. Srikant + 1
2. Silverknight+2
3. Aravindwarrier+1

All Non veg
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 14:25   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
but I've still managed to meet trrk sir on 3 occassions!
Off with the 'sir', please.

I have met Govigov atleast once if my memory is correct.
trrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2009, 15:19   #12
BHPian

Plan is to meet up at North Paravoor at 5pm, and move forward from there to the beach.
Old 26th April 2009, 22:42   #13
BHPian

Default Here are a few photographs.

I have got a very poor memory for names so forgive me for lack of captions with names.
Attached Images

drpullockaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 00:16   #14
BHPian

Hi Doc, it's good to see that you have already posted the pics. Hope you enjoyed this meet as much as I did.

Last edited by vivekji05 : 27th April 2009 at 00:30.
Old 27th April 2009, 01:38   #15
BHPian

The Meet Was really good, some guys missed it and they are still crying over it . And for the first time everyone kept their time.

The meet started at vivekji's place and everyone drove from there to the beach was in normal bhpian ishtyle Convoy of cars,the beach was pretty much crowded and as usual no one bothered to explore around the beach there were much better things to see like the All new Supeb ,some ICE demos and then came Hydrashok with his SQ Machine it was an out and out SQ audition for some time,inturupted only by the throaty(SQ) Roar of the Rhemus Exhaust and intake noise of the K & N Appolo.

It was getting dark and everyone was ready to munch on something, the food ordering went haywire, lack of planning as our resident Foodie/Food Critic and Master Order Placer A S I V I N was at another venue busy on munching something else,missed the big guy when the Crabs,prawns and chicken was gobbled down.The Venue was pretty much okay except for a couple of usual 'happy Sunday' mallus who were in full freeflow mode.

We split up from the venue by 8:45.The Thrissur boys left from there and then we went for a post meet drive in the Superb to the Airport road it was all about making donuts and eating Beef Dry Fry(BDF) , the drive was simply wonderful a full blast on drive in the Superb,Vivek was at the wheels of the Superb which was actually a virgin(done less than 1000Kms), The ESP lights were going on and off every other second. The car was holding on pretty tight into corners,except for the slight understeers the car took up the abuse pretty well, the only grouch was that it is was a FWD car ,else it would have been more oodles of fun.We can expect a full review of the car by vivekji05.

Some pics from my Phone and Vivek's Cam.

Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-viveks-place.jpg
Vivek's Home
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-convoy.jpg
Bhpians rides in a convoy
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-bhpian-rides.jpg
At the Venue.
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-beached.jpg
The Beach, Silverknight,JayZ,Aravindwarrier,muneemmk in the fore ground and Srikant,vivekji05,nikkibike in the background.
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-ice-talks.jpg
The Usual ICE Talk.
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-h20-what.jpg
Hydrogen and Oxygen mixes to form Carbon Monoxide A Class by Dr.Pullokaran.(I was always bad in Chemistry)
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-dsc02586.jpg
Post Meet Drive and the BDF.JayZ,Muneemmk,Vivekji05 in picture.
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-dsc02588.jpg
BDF again
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-dsc02589.jpg
Beefed up again.
Cherai Beach Family Meet on April 26, 2009 (Sunday): Calling all BHPians-dsc02595.jpg
After Math Of the Drive.

As usual there were many Bazookas firing left and right so I expect some more great pics .

Those who were there for the meet.

vivekji05
nikkibike
aravindwarrier
srikant
silverknight
drpullokaran
Hydrashok
JayZ
muneemmk
and since it was a family meet there were cousins,uncles,auntys,wives and kids too.

Cheers

Muneemmk

Last edited by muneemmk : 27th April 2009 at 01:47.