Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread

Old 23rd May 2009, 01:07   #286
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful meet. we made sure we woke up all the guests before leaving. hill ram sir you missed the ending sir.
Report and pics will follow tomorrow late morning i guess.
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:07   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Great Meet today.I was a pleasure to see all the CUG and few more.
Whats the decision on the next drive meet? I was on the other end of the crowd when the discussions were going on.
Wasn't it a drive to Goa in August!
Largest turn-out in a meet I have been! We definitely rock and the Fortune Katriya staff and the guests would have been cursing us during the rubber burning sessions we had in the middle of the night!
Old 23rd May 2009, 01:34   #288
BHPian

Default Awesome fun

To believe that you belong someplace is perhaps the best feeling in the world. Thats what the meet today was all about. A big thanks to the entire group...
Old 23rd May 2009, 08:56   #289
BHPian

Indeed a fantastic meet and attendance. It was nice meeting all you guys, though I could not interact with all.

Look forward to the drive meets.

Cheers ...
Old 23rd May 2009, 10:54   #290
Team-BHP Support

Wow, what a turn-out. It was the highest turn-out for a dinner meet ever (27 people) in TBHP Hyderabad.

It was fun meeting you all guys and show stopper was definetly the eye-candy that Prabhu ( Suren181's friend and a regular at meets) brought along, a Porsche Cayenne Turbo

A special mention to Ardy's Stage-2 Skoda VRS, boy that car rocks. First time ever i drove a VRS with steeriods and i was totally bowled over by it.

Three cheers to Ardy for being such a lovely sport and allowing anyone who wanted to test drive his insanely fast car.

The hotel folks and the apartment buildings next to the hotel must have had the shock of their life when all of a sudden 5-6 screaming, high revving engines with tyre burning sounds erupted in the middle of the night. After a nearly 30 minute of crazy speeds test drives inside the courtyard of this 4* hotel, we drove out in a haste at around 1:00AM as the hotel folks had called the cops. That was a fantastic closure to an amazing meet

Nikon DSLR guys, please post the pictures ASAP and it would be nice if you can put the handle names in one of the group picture. Next drive meet for June'09 will be planned within the next week....what a bunch of eager beavers we are..aren't we? LOL

Cheerio until then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 23rd May 2009, 11:57   #291
BHPian

That was a great meet...., thanks to all.
My special thanks to Avi for reminding me about the meet.....
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:18   #292
Senior - BHPian

Shucks this was the end part i missed.I remember our reving during gungal drive at the restaurat on Kutlee's OHC.
Cops were called? Is nt that a bit dangerous for our image?Imsure FK is ruled out for us next time to T-BHP meet.
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:38   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Shucks this was the end part i missed.I remember our reving during gungal drive at the restaurat on Kutlee's OHC.
Cops were called? Is nt that a bit dangerous for our image?Imsure FK is ruled out for us next time to T-BHP meet.
Ram, the cops were not called! The hotel guys were just posing with the walkie-talkies!
Avi Bhai, post mein thoda build-up jyaada ho gaya! Let's not scare people!
Old 23rd May 2009, 12:58   #294
Senior - BHPian

avi there were no cops rajesh scared us all for no reason. He was probably imagining it

Last edited by cooldude1988765 : 23rd May 2009 at 13:00.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:30   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
avi there were no cops rajesh scared us all for no reason. He was probably imagining it
arey anna bob marley ,when we left ,there were 2 cops entering the lane of the katriya.(saala bhalayi ka zamana hi nahi hai.hehehe)

yeah this milk shake meet had the largest turn out indeed.

karan ,special thanks to you for the special stuff. i was in full hawa for atleast 10 mins.

my pick of the ride was definately ardy's skoda (that machine was really something)

i could see the folks living in the hotel cursing us for the last 30 min of drag we had.

great to see folks who resurfaced( amip,amit_d and venkat) am sure you guys will be pretty regular now for future meets as well.

all you guys are simply awesome man

oh yes ,yesterday was also the closest i came to a 1 cr + car( prabhu sir ,thanks for the special treat) . i still love my santro though.lol

looking forward to the pics now.( specially the one where in himanshu bhai and me are doing the valentine day wala pose)hehehee
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:30   #296
BHPian

Yet another great meet with some new additions to this fantastic team.

Unfortunate to have missed the action after the session.

Learn't about the list of modifications Ardy has done on his car..quite impressive.

Looking forward for the drive meet now.
Old 23rd May 2009, 13:46   #297

Absolutely awesome! It was fun from the word GO, and it was great meeting all of you again (and the new faces as well). The smell of burning rubber will stay.... for a long time :-)

Am already looking forward to the next meet !!!
Old 23rd May 2009, 14:09   #298
Senior - BHPian

There were no cops---I peeped out into that lane and found none! Perhaps the ones RR was referring to were rushing to FK to have a look at those awesome machines doing a drag race.
The guys in the neigbouring flats also must have have a treat of their lifetime!

Great going, guys, it was zimmmbly grr88!
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:44   #299
BHPian

Appreciate the compliments on the mods on the vRS. I must say, it definitely is a wonderful peice of machine which you appreciate more when you get a taste of its capabilities ... :-)

+1 to the thought of seeing some pictures of the meet ... Awaiting them like most of them. Guys with the camera, spare time and upload them ...

I just hope that the next drive meet does not clash with some of my prior (Personal / Profressional) commitments.

Now keep the pictures coming.
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:50   #300
Senior - BHPian

Default Words fail me!

It was fun meeting up with the whole gang after a record breaking 4 weeks. It was nice to meet for the first time, some born-again TBHPians like Amit & Ami, Naveen etc. It is always great to have our 'meet regulars' like Dilip, Venkat & Prabhu. Welcome to Hyderabad @ kartik.

The evening started off rather sedately with all TBHPians sitting nicely at two tables like the gentlemen that we are brought up to be. As the numbers built up we were soon milling around in order to catch up with one and all and the huge turnout of 27 + 2 kids meant that the originally allocated tables were just not enough for us, so the management quickly arranged for more spacious accomodation. The 'all you can eat/drink' deal meant that the staff tried to delay the service so as to cut down on the quantities served, the TBHP spirit which insists on keeping a hawk eye out against being short changed however put paid to such ill advised moves and our members got their money's worth. The home team Deccan Chargers winning their IPL match added to the joyous mood of the junta.

For a change, the topics usually centred around automobiles, driving, destinations etc. which in itself is a record of sorts. (Even the two little ones i.e. Vijay and Mihiran were busy driving around on their PSPs). The meet was topped off by an impromptou 'drive around' where some of the more entusiastic members (me included) drove other members' vehicles to much amazement and joy of the hotel staff, who were gawking at the machines doing their bit within the compound. No, they were not annoyed but seemed to be genuinely enjoying the spectacle, (I spied a few running out to watch). After all, it is not everyday that one gets to see a Stage II RS, a 1.3 Zen with FFE, a couple of GTXs (one with FFE), a Safari, and a Cayenne do their thing.

It was great riding in the Cayenne (wish I had that kind of money). Nazim's 'Rocket' lives upto its name. Naveen thanks for the revelation of what a FFE can do to a GTX. Ardy - I just loved your car - it brings on a jumbo sized maniac grin!

Mihiran's choices: Cayenne, RS, S10 and the Rocket, in that order. That brat sure has expensive tastes! Incidentally he went to sleep with a mix of a petrolhead's maniac grin and an angelic smile on his face.

A few destinations for short to medium drives that were thrown up during the evening were: Lankavaram (subject to Raj confirming the accomodation), Bijapur (subject to Dilip confirming accomodation), Goa (Avi's all time favourite party spot), Mahabhaleshwar (my suggestion after reading Avi's travelogue) and Suryalanka (HRH-RR and I love this place).

Cheers,

P.S. We were rather disappointed that no one present had a current infraction, then JustRoyal piped up to confirm that he had a current infraction. So we lived up to tradition.

Last edited by Ravveendrra : 23rd May 2009 at 16:56.
Closed Thread