Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2009, 13:31   #91
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

I am in the tentative list as usual. I might show-up in the last minute.

BTW, club8 is too far. I feel the Yoko's sizzlers is a nice place, I need to try the desert sizzlers this time.
kkr2k2 is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 14:27   #92
Senior - BHPian
 
Ravveendrra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,391
Thanked: 404 Times
Default Cold turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Redmond to Club 8...huh? ........
Heard somewhere that Club 8 is known as a gay pick up joint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I suggest staying away from Katriya de Royal. Horrible food and shady ambience
+1 to above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Meet Ahoy...Im glad we are back in business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
No way, dude, am I missing out. May is a slow month anyway. Count me in.
Hmm, seems that the junta is suffering from withdrawal symptoms. Let us get this show on the road before there are riots on the streets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
I am in the tentative list as usual. I might show-up in the last minute.

BTW, club8 is too far. I feel the Yoko's sizzlers is a nice place, I need to try the desert sizzlers this time.
Anna, knowing you, if you say 'confirmed' you will stay away, if you say 'tentative' means you will be there before anyone else. If you reach early - please block a nice huge table far away from other patrons for us. We all reach @ HST - bole to abhiich, thode dher mein - aaj, ya kal, ya parsoon! (Ardy learnt the meaning of HST on the Pragati Resorts meet).

I support Yokos too, they seem to be the only ones in town serving meat.

Cheers
Ravveendrra is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 14:41   #93
BHPian
 
Ardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 613
Thanked: 86 Times
Default

Count me in tentatively ....

Wife's got a offsite on the same day, and I would be on for a baby sitting job. :-(
Ardy is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 14:59   #94
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I support Yokos too, they seem to be the only ones in town serving meat.Cheers
Me reckons we have to give a bit more space before another visit to Yoko's. Else this would become another Gur Nihal Dhaba episode.i.e, too much of everything is bad. Besides , i know a few are keeping quiet but they're looking to see who would suggest a place for thirst quenchers more than just food, lol. Lets ease their tensions and select accordingly.

How about the new place Rattle and Hump on Rd No36? Yes ! we gotta go there now that we have a Bangalorean complaining of humps is being hosted, lol.
absynthguzzler is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 15:28   #95
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Posts: 1,234
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Me reckons we have to give a bit more space before another visit to Yoko's. Else this would become another Gur Nihal Dhaba episode.i.e, too much of everything is bad. ....
hmmm! you have a valid point.

Quote:
How about the new place Rattle and Hump on Rd No36? Yes ! we gotta go there now that we have a Bangalorean complaining of humps is being hosted, lol.
anything in the GVK one??? (I hope they dont try to milk the customers dry to pay the rents to the GVK)

arey yaar, enough of the b'lore humps joke, getting bored of it.

raj.
kkr2k2 is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 15:35   #96
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 199
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Date: May 22nd
Venue : TBD

Guys, instead of May 20th, moved to May 22nd, so we can accomodate our guest from Bangalore, hope it's alright with you all.

Confirmed Participants
1.Mobike008
2.Rajesh Rawal
3.Absynthguzzler
4.Ravvenddra
5.Karthik247
6.Pulsar56
7.Hillram
8.Zen91
9.Suren181
10.Dilip ( Suren181's friend)
11. Prabhu ( Suren181's friend)
12. karan
13. Anurag_P80
14. Himanshugoswami- the wandering nomad returns
15. Sai Thakur(Zen91's friend)
zen91 is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 16:32   #97
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,201 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Besides , i know a few are keeping quiet but they're looking to see who would suggest a place for thirst quenchers more than just food, lol. Lets ease their tensions and select accordingly.
Arun, dont you have a sixth sense? You read my thoughts on target.

Let's get down to brass tacks gentleman, thirst quenchers take the top spot and there is no two ways about it

Since there is going to be a huge crowd, my vote goes to the fixed price/fixed menu places like Hamshire Plaza, Fortune Katriya,etc which charge Rs.500-600 per head.

And, i am sure there are quite a few other places too but it just needs a bit more research. So any scholars here who can volunteer?

@Brajesh Bhai, I like your style. No talking, just adding names almost business like...LOL
mobike008 is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 16:32   #98
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

kya baat hai 15 confirmations

jaan jaye par meet na jaye.lol

btw the folks who have done a disappearing act( getsurya,ctrlaltdel etc) ,nice time to resurface boss.
Rajesh Rawal is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 16:37   #99
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Anyone been to Sweet Nirvana in Madhapur? burrp.com is advertising this place on main page.
absynthguzzler is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 16:40   #100
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,521
Thanked: 7,201 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Anyone been to Sweet Nirvana in Madhapur? burrp.com is advertising this place on main page.
AFAIR, only Amip from Hyd tbhp went there and she liked it a lot. But, then why are we deviating from bitter to sweet?
mobike008 is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 16:41   #101
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Anyone been to Sweet Nirvana in Madhapur? burrp.com is advertising this place on main page.
there is a review in the hyderabad food guide(tbhp) by amip on this place. i remember she wrote about some apple pie thing and all.

those guys have some buffet going on (expensive though)

if place is any issue (for 22nd meet),was wondering if ravs or you would be kind enough to host at your pads.

we can do the usual bring your own stuff thing.

just a suggestion though.
Rajesh Rawal is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 16:42   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 199
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
@Brajesh Bhai, I like your style. No talking, just adding names almost business like...LOL
Avi Bhai, aadat se majboor hai, officially on mails it is either OK or fyi only.
zen91 is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 16:48   #103
BHPian
 
absynthguzzler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 650
Thanked: 223 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
there is a review in the hyderabad food guide(tbhp) by amip on this place. i remember she wrote about some apple pie thing and all.

those guys have some buffet going on (expensive though)

if place is any issue (for 22nd meet),was wondering if ravs or you would be kind enough to host at your pads.

we can do the usual bring your own stuff thing.

just a suggestion though.
Frankly speaking , Crowd is too big to host such a meet at a house RR. It becomes slightly discomforting with plates,glasses,bottles,ice,dishes and what not.This is a small concern from my end. Hope in not being unfair.
absynthguzzler is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 16:55   #104
BHPian
 
Rajesh Rawal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: LKO MUM HYD
Posts: 363
Thanked: 131 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Frankly speaking , Crowd is too big to host such a meet at a house RR. It becomes slightly discomforting with plates,glasses,bottles,ice,dishes and what not.This is a small concern from my end. Hope in not being unfair.
aye aye captain
Rajesh Rawal is offline  
Old 12th May 2009, 17:02   #105
BHPian
 
anurag_p80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 313
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

Hv been to Sweet Nirvana a couple of times. They specialize in desserts, in fact their menu starts with desserts. Nice ambience too. Great place for those with a sweet tooth, but hardly suitable for us folks, I don't think. OT, but those with a sweet tooth should also check out the Chocolate room in Madhapur.

@Ravvs, AFAIK TGIF also serves meat, with a meaty charge of course. So does Kairali near Gachhibowli, allegedly cooked in Kerala style.

PS: While at SN, check out the Cherry Crumble pie (or some name like that) Awesome!

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 12th May 2009 at 17:08.
anurag_p80 is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyderabad Meet Thread: All meets from May'10 MileCruncher The Team-BHP Meet Section 1269 10th January 2011 12:27
Hyderabad Drive-Cum-Meet ( May 25th, 2008) mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 47 5th June 2008 01:52
How about a Mid May Beat-the-Heat Meet? (Hyderabad) furioussphinx The Team-BHP Meet Section 50 21st May 2008 11:02
Drink-And-Dinner Meet in Hyderabad-May 7th (EDIT: Now with the Meet Pics) mobike008 The Team-BHP Meet Section 58 19th May 2008 18:38
[NCR] Mini Meet @ AL-KAUSER TONIGHT !?? Sunday May 20th & Saturday May 26th aZa The Team-BHP Meet Section 138 7th June 2007 02:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks