Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 4th June 2009, 22:21   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hey, I didn't realise that you're a woman. Nice to see the female tribe grow strong.
am not a woman!! dont want to be one (no disrespect but am happy being who i am). I meant it would have been nice to be with a girl/woman who likes to eat and can talk about anything
ash_blore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 00:45   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babe_on_wheels View Post

@ NC- You are supercharged about the meet, eh?
- me ?

Am hearing Mansi complain for the last 2 years at least about not being able to attend a meet because no females would be present at any T-BHP meets - with this all women meet, Mansi should be satisfied and it would be a first !

Damn - but with you girls meeting for lunch - me dropping in is surely ruled out.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 00:54   #168
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT SPAM the forum. One-liners that add absolutely no value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to visit our board rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2009 at 19:41.
abhinav.gupta88 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 5th June 2009, 10:01   #169
Senior - BHPian

Default Just my view..

Olive - Ok

Shatranj Napolie - Ok

Out of the Blue - Very Good but expensive

Global fusion - Good

Barbeque Nation - Very Good but what abt veggies?

China Gate - Ok same old stuff

Firangi Paani - Very Good

MTC - VFM nothing out of the world but good

BTW what makes you think we are going to believe you gals about the place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargirl View Post
@manaa- Let's do one thing. We decide where and when we are meeting. We post the venue here. But the wrong one, of course. And then we'll see what happens. LOL!

@KSM-Vtec: I second Manaa. Do let us know the best place for lunch on Sundays in Bandra?
Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45 View Post

But you wont be visiting all the places at once na. We could be anywhere. And if you visit these places every sunday, might as well suggest the best one suitable for the ladies?
You never know..all of them are in the same vicinity and if i have company we just might go hunting for TBHPGals..
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 10:21   #170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
You never know..all of them are in the same vicinity and if i have company we just might go hunting for TBHPGals..
And I think Manaa has a TBHP sticker on her car. Will make it easier for us to recognize it unless the ladies park it in one hotel and walk into another!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_blore View Post
am not a woman!! dont want to be one (no disrespect but am happy being who i am). I meant it would have been nice to be with a girl/woman who likes to eat and can talk about anything
I am not challenging anyone's intelligence but only thing they would talk about is a new dress, new jewellery, new this and new that and yes, SALE of 50% somewhere in Bandra. In short shopping. They aren't meeting to discuss their cars. On how many meets do we discuss our cars

EDIT: I think there's upto 50% sale going on at Globus. My wife just robbed me of some money!

Last edited by Aditya : 5th June 2009 at 11:14. Reason: Excessive smilies
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 11:08   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post

Am hearing Mansi complain for the last 2 years at least about not being able to attend a meet because no females would be present at any T-BHP meets - with this all women meet, Mansi should be satisfied and it would be a first !

Damn - but with you girls meeting for lunch - me dropping in is surely ruled out.
LOL, don't worry dude, maybe you can arrange for a co-ed meet sometime? And strictly control the man:woman ratio. That way, everyone is happy. :-) Or you can have your typical guys' meet, but convince the women that all men present will behave well. They might come then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post

@KSM Thanks for the restaurant advice. We've still not decided the venue. So your suggestions are going to help. Even if not for this meet, maybe another. Or maybe otherwise, to go with family, friends whatever... As for TBHP gal-hunting, all the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I am not challenging anyone's intelligence but only thing they would talk about is a new dress, new jewellery, new this and new that and yes, SALE of 50% somewhere in Bandra. In short shopping. They aren't meeting to discuss their cars. On how many meets do we discuss our cars

EDIT: I think there's upto 50% sale going on at Globus. My wife just robbed me of some money!
Amtak, I'm a feminist (yep!), and I'm not much of a shopper, so ummm... that was a very sexist thing to say. But anyways, do you know any other places in Bandra where there's a good sale? :-)

BTW, I'm curious- what do you guys discuss during meets, if not cars?!?
cargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 12:08   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anything under sun, except cars!!!!

It seems that guys are more interested in this meet than girls.

Have a nice meet you girls and post lots of .....pics...of cars.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 12:39   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Amtak, I'm a feminist (yep!), and I'm not much of a shopper, so ummm... that was a very sexist thing to say. But anyways, do you know any other places in Bandra where there's a good sale? :-)

Thats a good one! Not sure of any other places where there's sale going on!

How about Cream Center or Bombay Blues?

Not too expensive, decent ambience and you can spend a lot of time chit chatting!

Some other places that I can suggest are Zenzi, Only Parathas.

If planning a dinner, Sheesha is a good option.

Err, what we discuss during meets? Nothing much, cricket, elections, weather, NEWS, food. Basically anything that our better halves/GF's hate to discuss well, even our paunchs!!!
Old 5th June 2009, 14:47   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Anything under sun, except cars!!!!
Quote:
Thats a good one! Not sure of any other places where there's sale going on!

How about Cream Center or Bombay Blues?.... Zenzi, Only Parathas.... Sheesha is a good option.

Err, what we discuss during meets? Nothing much, cricket, elections, weather, NEWS, food. Basically anything that our better halves/GF's hate to discuss well, even our paunchs!!!

LOL, thanks for adding to our ever-growing list of Bandra restaurants. Problem is, the more you add to our list, the lesser the chances of you guys locating us that afternoon! But I guess Cream Centre, Bombay Blues and Only Parathas may not work for me (and other "health-conscious women") coz they serve non-nutritional food. :-)

Hmmm... good, so now we have some idea of discussion topics. I'm sure we will discuss these, except for cricket. And men's paunches are definitely a pet peeve...
Old 5th June 2009, 15:23   #175
BHPian

Quote:
we discuss about the t-bhp woman's meet
Old 5th June 2009, 15:32   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL, thanks for adding to our ever-growing list of Bandra restaurants. Problem is, the more you add to our list, the lesser the chances of you guys locating us that afternoon!
Where ever you gals go, we'll know With reference to your choice of a "healthy" destination, I remember something near Lilavati hospital which is known for Salads and only serves Salads. Will check with my friends and let you know.

PS: Nice Avtaar!
PS2: Not flirting but a generic compliment!

Last edited by amtak : 5th June 2009 at 15:36.
Old 5th June 2009, 15:36   #177
Distinguished - BHPian

First the women decide that no men are allowed. That is made very clear on the thread.

Then you say:
Quote:
I wish I could join the meet. Would have made for one fun day !
So of course it's obvious you're a woman. Why else would you post that statement!? lol

Quote:
am not a woman!! dont want to be one
No? Come on, why don't you pretend to be a woman? Please, just for me? Kiss kiss.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 5th June 2009 at 15:44.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2009, 15:45   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First the women decide that no men are allowed. That is amde clear on the thread.

Then:

So of course it's obvious you're a woman. Why else would you post that statement!? lol

No? Come on, why don't you pretend to be a woman? Please, just for me? Kiss kiss.
Sam, run! Jenny saw you kissing Ash

Ladies, eating healthy? Subway + loads of roadside shopping
Old 5th June 2009, 16:29   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Ladies, eating healthy? Subway + loads of roadside shopping
Quote:
With reference to your choice of a "healthy" destination, I remember something near Lilavati hospital which is known for Salads and only serves Salads. Will check with my friends and let you know.
OMG, gentlemen, please be informed that healthy food does not mean only salads/ Subway etc. There is a variety of nutritious/ "healthy" food available, but definitely not Cream Centre and Bombay Blues! :-)

@amtak- Do let me know that place near Lilavati, would be grateful. Thanks!

Quote:
PS: Nice Avtaar!
PS2: Not flirting but a generic compliment!
Hey, didn't you just mention you were married a couple months ago? So you're not supposed to compliment young women on their avtaars. LOL, j/k! But thanks anyways. It's a manga/ anime character, if you look closely.
Old 5th June 2009, 16:31   #180
BHPian

Quote:
i am not oriented that way. No kiss kiss for me (I mean from you) lol. No wonder then that the girls picked you to photograph them.

Last edited by ash_blore : 5th June 2009 at 16:33.