Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 19th June 2005, 17:23   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
its got to do with how god teh engine is and till what revs yuo can push it since its carb....yes the esteem has long gears where the thirdis best and can do 160 in third gear but you need to be close to max revs for it
160 in the carb ? are u sure cause thats insane !!!
the 4rth must be flat dead then ? i know the car does 120 in 2nd ... what about speedo errors ?
turbo_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 20:13   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
160 in the carb ? are u sure cause thats insane !!!
the 4rth must be flat dead then ? i know the car does 120 in 2nd ... what about speedo errors ?
yeah turbo it is capable of doing 160 in the third as i myself did 150 in 3 rd and then shifted to 4 th
kooldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 21:25   #48
BANNED

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
yeah turbo it is capable of doing 160 in the third as i myself did 150 in 3 rd and then shifted to 4 th
Hey Kooldude,

I agree with you man even though my car cannot do it. Not as powerful as yours man.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 11:53   #49
c10
BHPian

Exclamation

i have no words...i missed it again as i was'nt keeping good health the week long....had been to Hyd in my wagonR last sunday ie. 12th...reached there in 8 hours...was constantly clicking at around 110Kms/Per/hr.
Superb roads...both the highway and city...

Regards,
c10.
c10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 15:04   #50
BHPian

Unhappy Offtopic - answering rudra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
That's the only reason you're looking at that car?

Well, thats one of the reasons. I have listed down my (read family ) parameters in the decreasing order of Priority.

1. Space
2. Resale value
3. Mileage
4. Performance

From what I had gathered on the above parameters till last week made me feel that NHC was the by far the better choice compared to the Baleno because of the following:

1. Space: NHC has more space (both in the cabin and the boot)and additionaly has a lot better interiors than the Baleno.

2. Resale : The resale value and ease of resale for a NHC which is about 1.5 year old is pretty good as compared to the Baleno.
(Contrary to what I just wrote above; I was ready to buy a 3000km run Baleno for 5.1 L today morning but by the time I made the call, which was monday morning 10 am the car had been sold! ..... An ad comes out on Sunday and the Baleno was sold by monday morning 10 am.... I am sure Baleno owners are grinning )

3. Mileage:I was told by a couple of NHC owners that the car returns 14 kmpl in the city and 16-18 kmpl on highways.
(Again contrary to what i wrote above, Team BHPians are voting it to return about 10-12 kmpl)

4. Performance: Baleno, Period.

Last edited by islandman : 20th June 2005 at 15:09.
islandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 18:03   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
Hey Kooldude,

I agree with you man even though my car cannot do it. Not as powerful as yours man.

Viper
hey viper you taking my tail. Anyways i personally have done 150 in the 3 rd but i didnt know at what rpm it did coz my rpm meter is still not working i have to agree with you i was wrong but i never said that my car can do 160 in the third. my car and your car has no comparisions your car is like sky and mine must be ground. Anyways i say you have a test drive of my car

Last edited by kooldude : 20th June 2005 at 18:08.
Old 20th June 2005, 18:36   #52
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
hey viper you taking my tail. Anyways i personally have done 150 in the 3 rd but i didnt know at what rpm it did coz my rpm meter is still not working i have to agree with you i was wrong but i never said that my car can do 160 in the third. my car and your car has no comparisions your car is like sky and mine must be ground. Anyways i say you have a test drive of my car
just kidding buddy . Take no offense.

Viper
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2005, 20:45   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper
just kidding buddy . Take no offense.

Viper
i knew that man and has your car done up 2000 kms you said that you are gonna push the car to its limit after some kms so has it been done anyways great car man
Old 20th June 2005, 22:21   #54
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
Well, thats one of the reasons. I have listed down my (read family ) parameters in the decreasing order of Priority.

1. Space
2. Resale value
3. Mileage
4. Performance
1. Space
No comments on that. But considering the numbers of members you have in your family (I really donít know), It seems a bit hyped. Not talking about your family but the overall space youíre thinking about.
2. Resale value
No comments. May be because of HONDA brand name.
2. Mileage
How many km do you drive a day? And what speed? Bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore gives you a decent mileage? May be a little more than any other car in itís segment. If that you consider as a great mileageÖ
3. Performance
This is one area Iíll keep my mouth shut. Performance means many things to many people. Islandman, the final choice is yours. Donít mix up reality with perception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
Performance: Baleno, Period.
So what are you using now? Your head or heart?
Rudra Sen is offline   Reply With Quote