Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 1st August 2009, 14:57   #271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Less than 24 hrs to go for this drive folks.Do your fuel /Air pressure checks.
camera check, camera check.[ remember sunny da dhaaba].

drive safe , have lots of fun and pics.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 16:59   #272
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please note that the rendezvous point is at Basheerbagh (opp. Ohris) and not at Tarnaka. I spoke to Himanshu this morning and he was not aware about this.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 17:54   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Folks, me and venu were just discussing. How about meeting a bit early at the decided venue and then head out to eat the famed " Pragati Idlis and Dosa"?

However, note being a sunday it will be heavily crowded.

What say?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Sounds good to me! Say 7.15 for a Breakfast meet - followed by a drive - followed by a lunch - followed by a drive back...

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys, please note that the rendezvous point is at Basheerbagh (opp. Ohris) and not at Tarnaka. I spoke to Himanshu this morning and he was not aware about this.
Most lawyers do not read unless paid to do so.

I thought it was Pragati?

OK will someone please give me driving instructions to Pragati, I can save myself the trouble of having B'fast at home. Alternative is Taj Mahal Abids or Shanbaug B'Bagh or best of all - Gayatri Bhavan - Himayat Nagar (their Idli + Karam Podi is great). Now my mouth is watering.....

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 21:16   #274
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
camera check, camera check.[ remember sunny da dhaaba].

drive safe , have lots of fun and pics.
Ashish bhai, keep checking the thread since there will be loads of snaps as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
Most lawyers do not read unless paid to do so.

I thought it was Pragati?

OK will someone please give me driving instructions to Pragati, I can save myself the trouble of having B'fast at home. Alternative is Taj Mahal Abids or Shanbaug B'Bagh or best of all - Gayatri Bhavan - Himayat Nagar (their Idli + Karam Podi is great). Now my mouth is watering.....

Cheers,
Ravvs, let us meet at the rendevouz at the same time and decide if we want to go to Pragati or some other place for breakfast. I am getting some Marzorine sandwiches ( name derived from Marzorine, M.G Road,Pune ) packed. Not sure if it will suffice for all.

@Hillram, topped up fuel and nitrogen on friday evening while returning back from office. So i am all set. Guys, lets not waste time in filling up tanks, so do the needful before you reach the meeting point.

Also, let us wear tbhp tshirts ( i am carrying an additional TOP, just incase the weather turns out HOT)

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st August 2009 at 21:19.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 22:01   #275
Senior - BHPian

@Avi...Been busy today roaming in the Corsa,hence will have to tank up Cedia tomorrow morning..But wont be late for the rendez-vous...
So long friends..see u tomorrow.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2009, 22:52   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
.......Ravvs, let us meet at the rendevouz at the same time and decide if we want to go to Pragati or some other place for breakfast. I am getting some Marzorine sandwiches ( name derived from Marzorine, M.G Road,Pune ) packed. Not sure if it will suffice for all.

Also, let us wear tbhp tshirts ( i am carrying an additional TOP, just incase the weather turns out HOT)
1. I think we'll have b'fast at home - as we are leaving at our usual time (for school).

2. The best part of the Marz-o-rin stuff was their mayo. Incidentally I never knew that Main Street was re-named after MG.

3. You mean you will wear the TBHP T-shirts if the weather turns cool - it is bloody hot and sultry nowadays.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 00:18   #277
Team-BHP Support

Final Roll-Call for our field trip,baccho sab tayyar hai na? :-

Date: August 2nd, 2009 (Sunday)
Destination: Nagarjunasagar Dam
Distance: Around 300 to & fro.
Meeting Point: Basheerbagh Main Road (Opp. Mor medicals, Havmor, Ohris etc.)
Time: 8:00 AM HST

Confirmations:
1. Mobike008 + 1 Friend (Viva CRDi)
2. Rajesh Rawal +1 (Santro AT)
3. Pulsar56 + 1 (Zen 1.3)
4. Ravveenddra + 1 (GTX)
5. Hillram + 2 (Cedia)
6. Suren181 + 2 + 1 (Verna CRDi)
7. Absynthguzzler (Getz CRDi)
8. Himanshugoswami
9. Prabhu (Zen)
10. Vnabhi (Fiesta)
11 Zen91 + 1 Friend( Ikon 1.6)
12. Anshul Sharma (Indica DLS)
13. Romyeo4u + 2 (Santro)

Total Headcount : 22
Total No. of Cars : 11
Old 2nd August 2009, 09:43   #278
BHPian

Sorry guys couldn't make it... you guys have fun..!!!

Quote:
Glad to have you onboard. Though i am not the organizer, i am pm'ing you my number. Hope to see you then
solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2009, 20:10   #279
Senior - BHPian

Splendid Drive we had....Junta is back from Nagarjuna Sagar Drive.
We had 8 cars for this drive and it was a great experiance.
Review and photos to come up soon...stay tuned.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:01   #280
Senior - BHPian

great meet as usual.

the highlight for me?- the fact that an Automatic Santro was in the lead all the way back to Hyd- we were the first to enter Hyd, leaving behind cars like a peted viva, Cedia, Fiesta SXi, e- Zen, verna crdi and a Palio GTX
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:07   #281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
we were the first to enter Hyd, leaving behind cars like a peted viva, Cedia, Fiesta SXi, e- Zen, verna crdi and a Palio GTX
I beg to differ. I entered Hyd first and stopped at the turning where we met Suren in the morning for some smokes and saw you go past me. Even Vnabhi also stopped but i waved him on.

It was a splendid drive and had great fun as usual. Pictures will come up from my side either today or tomorrow. Will await Ravvenddra's write up on the meet
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:14   #282
BHPian

Wow, to think of it I was in 2 minds on whether to skip this meet. Now I thank God for not having done that.

It was a crazy Sunday, one that started of with my Son waking me up and the enthusiasm was showing in his eyes. he was all geared up and ready to meet up with all the Team-BHPians and their gleaming rides.

My vote for the best driver in this meet goes to our very own zen91. Am sure the gentlemen following through with the detailed reports will have a lot to say about him, his driving and his car.

The car that caught everyone's eyes on the road and maybe even the reason that a bystander asked one of us if it's a movie shoot that we were on our way to, was hillram's Cedia. The composure that the Cedia has on the highway is equivalent to that of the owner/driver. This is a well tuned pair, I must say.

Ravveenddraa's Palio, was yet another scorcher. It, for sure made some other road users/road hogs actually, realise how to drive on a highway, in a fast yet safe manner.

The rest of us were there. Avi, Rajesh, Himanshu, Nazim, Venu and the other friends, thanks guys for making it a great outing.

Himanshubhai & Avi, we were peeping into each and every dhabha to see if you guys had stopped for lunch, while you guys were trying to break speed records. Don't you guys feel hungry at all?

Last edited by suren181 : 3rd August 2009 at 11:16.
suren181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:22   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I beg to differ. I entered Hyd first and stopped at the turning where we met Suren in the morning for some smokes and saw you go past me. Even Vnabhi also stopped but i waved him on.

It was a splendid drive and had great fun as usual. Pictures will come up from my side either today or tomorrow. Will await Ravvenddra's write up on the meet

wrong again! We stopped for fuel before that, so technically, we were the first to enter Hyd. pandeyji, maan jao, an auto Santro piloted by our very own HRH RR kicked everyone's posterior

Quote:
Don't you guys feel hungry at all?
Anna, hunger? woh kya hai....we were all "tanked up" when we left the meet na

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 3rd August 2009 at 11:34.
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:32   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we were the first to enter Hyd,
Quote:
I entered Hyd first
Quote:
technically we were the first to enter Hyd.
Let me decide who entered hyd first.

Whoever post the pics first here, he was the first to enter in hyd.

so hurry up!!!!

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 3rd August 2009 at 11:34.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2009, 11:50   #285
BHPian

arey bhai log ,what really matters is we reached safely back to hyderabad. kya 1st aur 2nd ke liye jhagda kar rahein ho.

brajesh bhai ki driving ke baad there is no room to be 1st( thats fixed for him) ,its either you are 2nd or 3rd.
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote