Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 5th August 2009, 09:27   #301
BHPian

Default Runway9

Hi guys,

Seems like you guys had quite a wonderful trip to NSD.
Racing with the big toys must've been fun, not the best but who can contain the urge of proving ones mettle, right!?
Can we do something similar with the smaller toys like karts? A meet at Runway9?

Please do give your ayes at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...way9-meet.html (Runway9 Meet)
MindSpeeDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 14:09   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Arun, Roadrunner would have really been in its elements on this drive .... :beep:beep!
and the Road Runner is getting Pete's done this month ( Hopefully )
absynthguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 14:18   #303
Senior - BHPian

Pandey ji, would you please introduce me to everybody here. I guess you are the one wearing the Tshirt with "When I become God...". Hope I am correct.
I recognise Venu sir, Hillram and Suren181. Please introduce me to the rest of the gang.
Fordmanchau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 14:29   #304
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Pandey ji, would you please introduce me to everybody here. I guess you are the one wearing the Tshirt with "When I become God...". Hope I am correct.
I recognise Venu sir, Hillram and Suren181. Please introduce me to the rest of the gang.
Ok, here it goes. Look at the first picture in Post # 296

Standing at the back ( Left-Right) : Mobike008 ( Red Ferrari Cap),Venu,Ravvendra,Hillram, Mrs.Hillram, Karan ( Suren 181's Son), Vijay ( Hillram's son in front of him), Mihiran ( Ravvs son in front of him)

Sitting ( Left-Right) : Mitesh in sunglasses ( Mobike's Friend), Rajesh Rawal with his hand up

Himanshu Goswami is in white t-shirt and black shorts

Pulsar 56-Nazim ( guy with camera and specs) in one of the pictures

Guy with " I am god t-shirt" is Zen91's friend, so your wrong there in your guess.

You can see me also in one of the pictures in a white shirt

2 other guys are Suren's friends and regulars to drive meets

Zen 91 is the guy behind hillram in Post #293 first picture, he is partially hidden. He is a bit camera shy....hehe !

Reckon covered all the folks....now plaster their facial images into you mind....LOL

Forgot to introduce the cars :

Viva Crdi : Mobike008
Santro : Rajesh Rawal
Ford Fiesta : Venu
Cedia : Hillram
Ford Ikon : Zen91
Zen : Pulsar56
Palio : Ravvenddra
Verna: Suren181

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th August 2009 at 14:34. Reason: Car Introduction ;-)
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 14:29   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, such kind of requests will not be entertained . You have to come to the meets, to get introduced to the fellow bhpians.
kkr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 14:48   #306
Senior - BHPian

Yes yes!!! surely surely!! If everything falls in place , I will be certainly there to Runway9 meet being planned now.
and KKr2k2, you have to be all through the meet, no leaving from the rendevous point

and Pandeyji, Big thank you to you. now I have attached the respective faces with their handles ,guess I can meet everybody in the next meet.

Last edited by Fordmanchau : 5th August 2009 at 15:00.
Old 5th August 2009, 14:54   #307
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes yes!!! surely surely!! If everything falls in place , I will be certainly there to Runway9 meet being planned now.
and KKr2k2, you have to be all through the meet, no leaving from the rendevous point
That may not happen anytime soon since most of the folks are recuperating from the adrelin rush of NSD drive
Old 5th August 2009, 15:00   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
That may not happen anytime soon since most of the folks are recuperating from the adrelin rush of NSD drive
Darn! a 300km run has already done you guys!? Would your adrenaline start rushing again if it is the bigger toys instead!?
BTW, it could be planned for sometime next week or later.
MindSpeeDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 15:08   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hehe!! thats okay, Can wait to meet all of you
Old 5th August 2009, 18:29   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, here it goes. Look at the first picture in Post # 296

Standing at the back ( Left-Right) : Mobike008 ( Red Ferrari Cap),Venu,Ravvendra,Hillram, Mrs.Hillram, Karan ( Suren 181's Son), Vijay ( Hillram's son in front of him), Mihiran ( Ravvs son in front of him)

Sitting ( Left-Right) : Mitesh in sunglasses ( Mobike's Friend), Rajesh Rawal with his hand up

Himanshu Goswami is in white t-shirt and black shorts

Pulsar 56-Nazim ( guy with camera and specs) in one of the pictures

Guy with " I am god t-shirt" is Zen91's friend, so your wrong there in your guess.

You can see me also in one of the pictures in a white shirt

2 other guys are Suren's friends and regulars to drive meets

Zen 91 is the guy behind hillram in Post #293 first picture, he is partially hidden. He is a bit camera shy....hehe !

Reckon covered all the folks....now plaster their facial images into you mind....LOL

Forgot to introduce the cars :

Viva Crdi : Mobike008
Santro : Rajesh Rawal
Ford Fiesta : Venu
Cedia : Hillram
Ford Ikon : Zen91
Zen : Pulsar56
Palio : Ravvenddra
Verna: Suren181
Mobike Gaaru!!! I dont find any one in white shirt except Ravvendra.. So it will be tough to plaster you image
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 22:21   #311
Senior - BHPian

Hope this clears the confusion! Mobike008 is wearing a White Shirt now!
Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0061-copy.jpg

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0049.jpg

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0050.jpg

Dandruff? Aur Humein?
Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0051.jpg

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0053.jpg

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0054.jpg

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0056.jpg

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0057.jpg

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0058.jpg

Hyderabad: July-August 2009 Meets-dsc_0062.jpg
pulsar56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2009, 23:28   #312
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for clearing the confusion Pulsar 56.

Mrinal and Fordmanchau, please confirm if that air of uncertainity is cleared from your foggy mind?
Old 6th August 2009, 09:12   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
My vote for the best driver in this meet goes to our very own zen91.
The car that caught everyone's eyes on the road and maybe even the reason that a bystander asked one of us if it's a movie shoot that we were on our way to, was hillram's Cedia. The composure that the Cedia has on the highway is equivalent to that of the owner/driver. This is a well tuned pair, I must say.

Ravveenddraa's Palio, was yet another scorcher. It, for sure made some other road users/road hogs actually, realise how to drive on a highway, in a fast yet safe manner.

Himanshubhai & Avi, we were peeping into each and every dhabha to see if you guys had stopped for lunch, while you guys were trying to break speed records. Don't you guys feel hungry at all?
Yeah, the Ikon + Zen91 = awesome!

The Cedia sure was an eyecatcher - I was following Ram for a while (till his speed-governor a.k.a. Divya kicked in) and the expression on the faces of the guys we overtook, by-standers and oncoming drivers who quickly made way for the "Rally car" was a treat to watch.

Thanks for the compliments Suren, appreciation from you = high praise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
great meet as usual.

the highlight for me?- the fact that an Automatic Santro was in the lead all the way back to Hyd- we were the first to enter Hyd, leaving behind cars like a peted viva, Cedia, Fiesta SXi, e- Zen, verna crdi and a Palio GTX
I never realiesed that the "Dhannomatic" had cruise control + auto-navigation. The way the car kept a consistent speed and line on the way back was just too good. It was like HRH-RR started at Vijay Vihar and just kept going .............

Quote:
I beg to differ. I entered Hyd first and stopped at the turning where we met Suren in the morning for some smokes and saw you go past me. Even Vnabhi also stopped but i waved him on.

It was a splendid drive and had great fun as usual. Pictures will come up from my side either today or tomorrow. Will await Ravvenddra's write up on the meet
Anna, time to get the Red Beast some TLC read the thread "My experience with adding 2T oil" or my thread on acquisition of the GTX. I have added 2T to the Laura's Diesel tank too.

Just for the record, the GTX got the better of the Red Beast twice - once downhill and once uphill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
arey bhai log ,what really matters is we reached safely back to hyderabad. kya 1st aur 2nd ke liye jhagda kar rahein ho.

brajesh bhai ki driving ke baad there is no room to be 1st( thats fixed for him) ,its either you are 2nd or 3rd.
I cannot agree more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

Special credit to Ravv's zooming by everyone on his GTX with that sporty sound---man, what a growl that was!! I am curious to know of the F.E. he got.

Those Italian opera singers do not come cheap. With a GTX singing away (or growling) one does not talk about FE, one only talks about FC (Fuel consumption). Keeping the GTX above 3500 rpm and in its power band of 4200 to 5500 rpm - three needles on the instrument panel move very fast - 1. the tacho, 2. the speedo 3. the fuel gauge!

On the return I resolved to keep the tacho below 3000 rpm mark and the car was lazily loping along at 100 to 120 kmph and this gave me some decent FE. Overall for the to and fro - I got about 10 Kmpl. By my guess - the GTX returned some 7 to 8 kmpl on the way out with that crazy revving and keeping the car at 150 to 180 kmph and about 12-13 kmpl on the return.

Here is something I wrote on the PUG:

"Fortunately or unfortunately Fiat petrol engines have two personalities built into them. Potter around shifting up diligently around 2000 rpm and they behave like docile goody two shoes and return a great FE, if this is the Fiat you know – good nurturing Italian housewife and frugal mother, good for you – she will serve you well for ages and never have you overdraw your account in the bank. But under that hood lies another woman, neither demure nor shy, these Italian pin-up girls come into their own if you keep the revs above 2500 / 3000 rpm. Now you are met by a sultry bombshell with a zest for life and an energy you never imagined (something like a rabbit pumped up with pheromones + amphetamines + steroids)!! She will keep you on a high while she rips through your bank account and depletes the world’s oil reserves just as fast as she can take you across the countryside and, wow can she hold those lovely high notes as she does that! My guess is that most of us here are addicted to the second variety."

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
A good drive meet .......

Ravvs..what a growl..I mean your car's. Every time the GTX overtook me, by the sound the engine made, I was sure Ravvs would have made some modifications to the engine or the exhaust till such time I was confirmed by Ravvs, that the car is stock..I guess this is the best growl that I have heard till date in an Indian stock car.

In the end I guess we could not conclude on the destination for the next drive meet.

Avi Bhai, the sandwiches were very good and much needed..I guess I had the maximum numbers.
This was the best drive I attended, thanks in large part to the road not being filled with Volvos, lorries etc.

Aww I missed the sandwitches.

Yes, the car is absolutely bone stock but, thanks to the inputs from you, I am planning a K&N filter now and perhaps a cleaner exhaust, the engine could do with some cleaner breathing.

I agree, it is time to decide a destination for our next drive. I prefer to stay away from the main highways so that we can avoid the Volvos, overloaded trucks etc. The best driving experiences so far have been Vikarabad and NSD thanks to the low traffic on those roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Amazing review guys , pity that i missed out on . Probably one of the rare drives where everyone was doing good speeds. I never knew Venu Sir would do 140 clips!!! lol , that says it all and I MISSED OUT.

Nice pictures as well .
Not as much as we missed you. Yes Venu saab was doing a consistent 140 to 150 all through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
and the Road Runner is getting Pete's done this month ( Hopefully )
WOW! remind me to TD it after. Remember to put in a K&N or green cotton alongwith the Pete's box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
Hi guys,

Seems like you guys had quite a wonderful trip to NSD.
Racing with the big toys must've been fun, not the best but who can contain the urge of proving ones mettle, right!?
Can we do something similar with the smaller toys like karts? A meet at Runway9?

Please do give your ayes at:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...way9-meet.html (Runway9 Meet)
I would not mind one run at the Runway9. I hear that there is another go-karting place (indoor) - run by Mazdayar a member here. Any info on that?

Quote:
Yes this NSD drive was one to cherish for a long time. I had my fun on the way out and this was the first time I was opening up the GTX and Brajesh, Ram, Venu and our own extremely fast Suren as well as the Red Beast on two occasions kept the GTX on its toes. Having had my fun in the morning, in the afternoon, I decided to do what Rajesh said - be sure that everyone got back home safe.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 11:43   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for clearing the confusion Pulsar 56.

Mrinal and Fordmanchau, please confirm if that air of uncertainity is cleared from your foggy mind?
fog in Hyderabad is non-existent. And if there was hint of any, pulsar56 has done everything humanly possible to eradicate the evil.
MrinalSinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2009, 13:26   #315
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I agree with Ravvs that this was one of the most enjoyable drives. I've done high-speed driviing on the Expressway before, but this was the first time I had competitors!
I recall Ravvs tailing me on an empty stretch after a speed-breaker, and I was almost red-lining to stay ahead of the GTX-----buttttt the mistake I'd made was shifting to 4th when the tacho was nearing 5K, and that took the GTX past me with a menacing growl!
Perhaps I should have red-lined at 6 K to give Ravvs a tough fight, or perhaps switched off the AC ----this happens automatically in the GTX though--you have an advantage there, Ravvs!
Anyways, there is always a next time

BTW that was a splendid mail to the PUG that Ravvs wrote.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote