Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Old 8th August 2009, 23:42   #331
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
This is the one that you forgot - Drive & lunch on 16th!

Cheers.
It came across my mind but, i was not sure how many would like to use their sunday for this activity.Hence, the suggestion for next saturday ( Aug 22)

Besides, i was a bit selfish in proposing a saturday as I may not make it on a sunday as my wifey gets wild for any tbhp plans on sundays ( LOL...the secret is out)
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 23:39   #332
Senior - BHPian

I was just re-visiting Pulsar56s thread on our visit to Raymond's Tomb and got myself thinking, why not a heritage drive to say - the Paigah tombs and then a lunch at Shehran or Madina.......or any other joint that Mobike can think of on the South of the river Musi. We could do this on any Saturday/Sunday.

Can we make the visit to the Vintage and Classic rally on 15th a TBHP meet (with lunch)?

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 23:45   #333
Senior - BHPian

I would like to attend the Vintage and classic rally on 15th at Chowmahalla. Wife's wanting to see the palace for long, and I can meet all you people there.
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 01:53   #334
Senior - BHPian

Default Drive to BZA?

Hi folks,

I am due to visit Eluru on the 12th for a nieces engagement ceremony. I plan to drive from Hyd to Vijayawada on the 11th around 4.00 p.m. spend the night there, visit Eluru in the morning of 12th and return on 12th evening or 13th morning.

Does anyone want to join in?

Cheers,
Old 10th August 2009, 10:08   #335
BHPian

Quote:
I am due to visit Eluru on the 12th for a nieces engagement ceremony. I plan to drive from Hyd to Vijayawada on the 11th around 4.00 p.m. spend the night there, visit Eluru in the morning of 12th and return on 12th evening or 13th morning.

I am mighty tempted. Would have joined if it was a weekend.
nagvasireddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 13:08   #336
Senior - BHPian

Guys Chowmahalla was a treat to see.Amazing collection of Weapons,Crockery,carpets,Furniture and loads of dresses and jewellery.I was told that there are 24 huge unopened boxes of saris and dresses.
Also tucked in one corner are 10 Vintage cars of Nizam ranging from Rolls Royce,Napiers and a Fiat to 50s Chevrovlet and Buick.
Worth a visit.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 15:19   #337
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ravv,

I have come back from a Hyd-Vja-Guntur-Hyd, 3 day trip yesterday. I love the drives through this part of the state. However, the weather was a spoil sport and was very hot and humid. The car's a/c was on all through except for 30 min lunch break in a friends place at Kodad.
The car behaved very well and was an breeze on the highways, returned 13-14kmpl for an average speeds of 80+kmph(probably). Hyd-Vja highway is very congested and is a pure bumper-bumper kind of drive!! so watch out!!
getsurya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 15:54   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Hi folks,

Cheers,
arey chunni babu ,thora aur agai aakar ( tadepalligudem) ,mereko bhi mil kar jao! currently reading/writing this message from jalli kakinada rural bpo. full paddy fields around ,pond overlooking my window and some cows tied at the entrance. i love india .jai ho!
Rajesh Rawal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 16:15   #339
BHPian

Quote:
pond overlooking my window
Hehe....can you get a picture of this, please?

Cows, ponds, paddy and broadband....sounds like a heavenly combination to me (although would prefer the cows on a plate). Case of no digital divide.....Jai Ho India!!!
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 16:31   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Ravv,

I have come back from a Hyd-Vja-Guntur-Hyd, 3 day trip yesterday. I love the drives through this part of the state. However, the weather was a spoil sport and was very hot and humid. The car's a/c was on all through except for 30 min lunch break in a friends place at Kodad.
The car behaved very well and was an breeze on the highways, returned 13-14kmpl for an average speeds of 80+kmph(probably). Hyd-Vja highway is very congested and is a pure bumper-bumper kind of drive!! so watch out!!
heyy Surya, nice to know you had a good trip inspite of the weather being the pits due to the rain gods playing truant, I bet you Mhawked the roads in style!

If you did 80+ on that "highway" you are extremely lucky. I am often down to 3rd or even 2nd and speeds are down to some 40 or 50. What is the road surface like? Have they started working on the 4 laning? I am seriously considering going via Nagarjuna Sagar, Guntur etc. to Vja. I have set aside 6 hours for this drive of some 300 kms. I used to do it in 4 to 4.30 hours in my Premier Padmini!

Cheers,
Old 10th August 2009, 16:41   #341
BHPian

Quote:
heyy Surya, nice to know you had a good trip inspite of the weather being the pits due to the rain gods playing truant, I bet you Mhawked the roads in style!

If you did 80+ on that "highway" you are extremely lucky. I am often down to 3rd or even 2nd and speeds are down to some 40 or 50. What is the road surface like? Have they started working on the 4 laning? I am seriously considering going via Nagarjuna Sagar, Guntur etc. to Vja. I have set aside 6 hours for this drive of some 300 kms. I used to do it in 4 to 4.30 hours in my Premier Padmini!

Cheers,
Ravvs Sir, would suggest that you leave Hyderabad a bit early..2-2.30pm, would be ideal as the traffic in the afternoon is the least between Hyderabad and Vijayawada.

Remember once doing Hyderabad-Vijayawada in 3.30 hrs in 2004 and had started from Hyderabad at 2.30pm.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 17:03   #342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
Remember once doing Hyderabad-Vijayawada in 3.30 hrs in 2004 and had started from Hyderabad at 2.30pm.
Brajesh, we believe you can do it even nowadays---given your driving skills and the 1.6 Ikon
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2009, 17:25   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Brajesh, we believe you can do it even nowadays---given your driving skills and the 1.6 Ikon
Venu Sir, unlikely that I would be able to repeat the same again as I have done Hyderabad/Vijayawada/Hyderabad umpteen no. of times and generally it would take anywhere between 4.5 to 5 hrs incase you are starting early in the morning or in the evening/night.

This trip was unique as I had started in the afternoon and had company given by a Tuscon from Ramoji Film city till Suryapet and after a 5 minute tea break I had another company given by a Corolla, right upto Vijayawada.These combinations made the distance shorter.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 13:02   #344
Senior - BHPian

Well, its past 19 hours since the last post on this thread!! Whatzzup guys?

Taking work seriously for a change??
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2009, 13:19   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, its past 19 hours since the last post on this thread!! Whatzzup guys?

Taking work seriously for a change??
That post is so true, it had me ROFTL. Reasons for lack of activity on the thread is that all of us are desperetely trying to look busy. Another major factor is that the resident livewire on this thread viz. HRH-RR is doing his bit for the economy of rural India.

I am to drive off in a few hours - cannot leave earlier as suggested by Brajesh bhai as the timing is fixed for after school today.

I hope the meet on Saturday i.e. starting from Lumbini park at 9.30 a.m. is a success. Who all are in? For the viewing and the lunch? I know I am and so is Nazim.

Cheers,